Attn All Season Ticket Holders

Just a public service announcement if you have the season ticket books.  I went to tear out some tickets to donate to a charity auction today and found what I think may be a fatal flaw to the tickets (at least the ones in the top row).  Unlike in the past, they are actually 2 piece tickets.  The scanable part on the bottom tears off.  Maybe I'm the only one that will have this issue, but when I was tearing out the tickets, I just went down to the first perforation (as I did in the past) and pulled the ticket out.  I could easily see people showing up to the first game without the scanable piece.  Might be a bit of a cluster as I'm not sure what they'll do in that instance other than send people to the ticket office.  There isn't another area to scan if you don't bring that piece of the ticket. 

14 hours ago, SaintLouBlue said:

Just a public service announcement if you have the season ticket books.  I went to tear out some tickets to donate to a charity auction today and found what I think may be a fatal flaw to the tickets (at least the ones in the top row).  Unlike in the past, they are actually 2 piece tickets.  The scanable part on the bottom tears off.  Maybe I'm the only one that will have this issue, but when I was tearing out the tickets, I just went down to the first perforation (as I did in the past) and pulled the ticket out.  I could easily see people showing up to the first game without the scanable piece.  Might be a bit of a cluster as I'm not sure what they'll do in that instance other than send people to the ticket office.  There isn't another area to scan if you don't bring that piece of the ticket. 

Thanks for point this out.  You did a real service for all of us.  As I was tearing my Game 1 ticket out of the booklet, what you cautioned about started to happen.  Be careful guys (and gals) in tearing out your tickets.

On 10/31/2016 at 9:25 PM, SaintLouBlue said:

Bumping this... Almost did the same thing this morning.

-is there a reason for that perforation row above the bar code that i am not able to determine? for the folks that don't read this board I can see chaos at the gate when they arrive without the bar code

-seems another miss by the ADept

I sent a note to the ticket office the other day.  Essentially they said the scotch tape idea will work as that is what I did.  Otherwise they said people will have to go to the ticket office.  Sounds like I wasn't the only one that reached out about this and they should be somewhat prepared for the issue.

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

My wife had already cut the tickets off without the bar code attached. We cut the bar codes off and attached them with scotch tape.

Must have been fun trying to match the little bar codes with the correct tickets for every single game. I did this for one game before I read the thread and definitely wouldn't have noticed unless I read it.

I too would like to add my belated thanks to SaintLouBlue who brought this up. I went and looked at my tickets after reading his warning. I likely would have messed up (at least the first one) had he not posted this thread. I swear, it's hard being a Billikens fan.