GDT: NCAA Tournament Opening Weekend

Pistol

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see Gonzaga winning again even though it is another bite out of my brackets and they have a decent chance of making it to the elite eight. The Zags fun will probably end against Iowa State. I like everything big 12 because I think that is the best basketball conference and all teams in played that grueling conference schedule. Kentucky wiped out another elite eight in my brackets.

Six ACC teams heading to the Sweet 16.

First of all, I am not trying to make excuses for UNI. That was INSANE. If anything, you heave the ball into the rafters there.. BUT... the foul call that gave A and M an and 1 was not a foul. And on the last possession, Washpun was being mugged. No Call. Walkup was fouled twice on the last possession for SFA...no call. Both times when Jackson was patted he got 2 shots for ND. It becomes more and more apparent mid majors are not welcome. You have to do what Gonzaga did and blow someone off the court to win.

First of all, I am not trying to make excuses for UNI. That was INSANE. If anything, you heave the ball into the rafters there.. BUT... the foul call that gave A and M an and 1 was not a foul. And on the last possession, Washpun was being mugged. No Call. Walkup was fouled twice on the last possession for SFA...no call. Both times when Jackson was patted he got 2 shots for ND. It becomes more and more apparent mid majors are not welcome. You have to do what Gonzaga did and blow someone off the court to win.

Or not throw the ball out of bounds on the inbound...... And you are trying to make excuses by making excuses

Lol the and 1 call was bull**** but no excuses blowing a lead that big. They turned it over on 4/5 possessions in the last 40 seconds. Meltdown. St. Joe's was up 58-52 before seriously wilting also. Shame

Yep. He was GETTING OUT OF THE WAY and the called it. And St. Joes...i mean you wonder what these coaches are doing. Jacobsen, Martelli..just total disasters in crunch time. But ANY opening the refs get to help the big boys they take it. I hope Sabonis and the zags blow everyone out all the way to the title.

No, Washpun was not being mugged....and he somehow avoided a 5 second count even though nearly 8 seconds elapsed once he picked up his dribble. Never inbound the ball into the corner when being trapped!

that finish ended whatever use i ever had for ben jacobson. any coach that cant protect a 12 point lead with 34 seconds left is worthless. my gosh, throw it down court. even if the long pass is intercepted it will take 10 seconds off the clock bringing it back down the floor 4-6 possessions and the game is over. just embarrassing.

UNI, make the official blow the whistle and make them make a good inbound play to tie the game with hardly any time left. The officiating had nothing to do with the UNI collapse, it was a 12 point lead with less than a minute the UNI players failed miserably and will have a lot to think about this off season. Xavier was just another bite out of my final eight bracket. VCU and St. Joe's gave it there best and made the A10 look good. Lewis for VCU is a real good player and will be a handful in the A10 next season. I hope Bembry comes back and plays another year for St. Joe.