Women's Postseason Thread

slufan13

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you really want to imply that the NIT is on par with the NCAA Tournament? It is not and never will be. I'm not saying that there's nothing good about getting this far or further in the NIT, but don't call it "Sweet Sixteen."

Technically, the NCAA only owns the trademark for "NCAA Sweet Sixteen" and "NCAA Sweet 16", and not "Sweet Sixteen" or "Sweet 16", which suggests to me that those terms independently are too broadly used (and probably once - still? - more commonly for girls' birthday parties).

So from a legal standpoint, it is perfectly acceptable to use "Sweet Sixteen" alone to refer to that round of any tournament. Perhaps you could just ask the previous posters to use "Women's NIT Sweet Sixteen" if you find the common use of the term to be too confusing.

I already know that bringing my daughter to Friday's game will make her a lesbian, but what I'm really confused about is how it will affect my son: Will he grow up to be gay, or will he be super masculine and straight?

All I know for sure is he'll have to change his name to Caitlyn.

The NCAA does, however, own the trademarks to the terms "March Madness", "Final Four", and "Elite Eight" - but not "Sweet Sixteen" without the "NCAA" as a preface.

So maybe if the women win again, some of you should be more careful about upsetting the NCAA's watchdog.

I already know that bringing my daughter to Friday's game will make her a lesbian, but what I'm really confused about is how it will affect my son: Will he grow up to be gay, or will he be super masculine and straight?

He'll want to be a Lady Billiken.

On a strictly basketball note: Last night's game was about as much fun as you can have watching basketball. Tied after first quarter. Bills lead by one at half. Bills down at the end of three. Bills pull out the win. If you are not doing anything Friday night, come down to the game. It will get your basketball mojo back in line for when our new men's team coach turns us back around.

No back to the other talk: The Billiken is clearly a dude. Many people call him simply "Bill." Not a chick. I remember times in the 80's and 90's when they used to dress up one of the alternate billiken costumes as the Billiken's mom. Let's not back off of the idea that Bill is a very manly guy and should be feared by opposing team's mascots.

On a strictly basketball note: Last night's game was about as much fun as you can have watching basketball. Tied after first quarter. Bills lead by one at half. Bills down at the end of three. Bills pull out the win.

We actually led by 1 at the end of the 3rd too. Part of what made it so fun was the mini-runs the Bills went on at the end of all four quarters. They probably trailed for close to 30 minutes but kept coming back. The opposite of the usual trend at the men's games.

They weren't a great shooting team during the year 40/30 from the field and 3 but the last A10 game and these 2 NIT games have been quite a bit worse. Last night about 30/16 from the field and 3. Lesser teams are hanging with them. They need to find their stroke at least close to their regular season numbers if they want to win this thing

Right on. Brick after brick. But they are relentless, love teams with no fear.

Marketing shout out: I've received robocalls from Coach or a player to promote all of the NIT games. (The one for Monday night almost got us to go, but my daughter ended up working.)

Are you feeling OK? Saying something positive about SLU marketing. Somebody must have stolen your name.

Are you feeling OK? Saying something positive about SLU marketing. Somebody must have stolen your name.

Oh, come now, willie. I've always said nice things when they do good stuff. Don't you remember my post from 2013? ;)

(No, but really, I do try to applaud them when they have good ideas. There's very little credibility when someone does nothing but bash. )