GDT SLU vs Da Rams

CBFan

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right 72, ends with Milik taking the last shot with a horrible miss

The Billikens are still my team, will always be my team, but I am dead to them this year. Win by 32 or lose by 32... I no longer care. Wake me up when this season is finally over and the stench of Jim Crews and staff are all gone. Maybe then, we will retake basketball seriously. As long as there is hope and effort, I will support. This year, though, there is neither.

I miss the VCU trolls.. Obviously they have no reason to even bother now

I do feel bad that times are tough for you guys at SLU. Props to the 10-15 guys who made the trip and sat behind one of our baskets. They wore Epsilon Phi Epsilon shirts in solid blue and tried to stay into the game. At least you still have fans willing to travel, I was surprised they were there.

We had a good intense rivalry w/ VCU for three years. The games always seemed to be for the A10 lead. Enjoyed watching them even when we lost, because you knew you'd just watched a competitive game. None of that excitement was evident yesterday on the part of the Billikens. We knew the result was never in doubt. Am envious of VCU, they lose Shaka but keep moving forward. So unlike us, and now we got nothing but condolences from Ram fans. Thanks for the kind thoughts, but we're all looking forward to the day when we're back to exchanging barbs over who's better.

As a casual fan, I don't see the motivation for Crews to retire, since he has two more years on his contract, at $850K per. And, I don't see anyone on the horizon who is willing to fund the buyout for SLU. The contract extension was a bad decision (as we now see); the Billikens, I fear, are stuck with Crews, for at least one more year. Maybe someone will step forward to buy out one year, but not two. Just my two cents.

Wrong, because? Statements without corroboration are of limited value.

I dont think anyone on this board knows if will have another year or two of the Crews reign. Cheeseman says he has 'inside info' that Crews is gone. DoctorB says Crews is sticking around because of budget concerns. Who knows... with my view on how SLU operates, half assidly on many things, I could certainly see Crews stay or Crews is gone where we cheap out on another coach. 50/50 right now.

I dont think anyone on this board knows if will have another year or two of the Crews reign. Cheeseman says he has 'inside info' that Crews is gone. DoctorB says Crews is sticking around because of budget concerns. Who knows... with my view on how SLU operates, half assidly on many things, I could certainly see Crews stay or Crews is gone where we cheap out on another coach. 50/50 right now.

The budget will have nothing to do with Crews staying or leaving.