GDT - Billikens vs Kansas St - Who Cares

thetorch

The last 7 games have all followed a similar pattern. Long scoring droughts especially when the other team is not scoring. Fall apart in the last 2 minutes of the first half. Come out flat in the second half. Slowly have the game get out of hand - go from a 8-10 point deficient to almost a 30 point loss. Yes I know this has not happened specifically like this but basically like this. There really is nothing the Administration can do but fire Crews at this point. To let him continue twisting in the wind is honestly cruel to him and demoralizing for everyone else.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I found slightly interesting was the new uniform weirdness. They're clearly different from the blue ones they wore at SIUE, but only if you look closely--SAINT LOUIS is back to straight across instead of arched, black outline on the text, slightly smaller numbers on front, gray instead of white trim on the sides. Why bother with such a small tweak in the middle of the season? Have they changed the home uniforms too and I just never noticed?

I usually find myself standing in front of my TV and yelling the whole game. Last night I was multitasking. That's a bad sign. I'm losing interest.

I watched passively and was like we are actually in this game (was starting to wonder whether it was a good matchup style wise for us) and then things went south. The 1st half was sloppy and we had some success with guys getting/creating good looks and making shots and KSU struggled as we kind of packed it in. Kansas State started to attack 1 on 1 more (teams should be penetration heavy against us and drive and kick all game, our 1 on 1 on-ball defense is a joke) and our offense completely went away (just started jacking 3s and we again struggled to finish). TOs were again a problem as was making shots (33% from the field, 18% from 3 on 28 attempts, and 47% from the line) and surprisingly rebounding was not (they outrebounded us 38-34). The game was tough to watch and was just waiting for KSU to go on a run (the SIUC game had the same feel to me), unfortunately we had to sit thru most of the game until that finally happened. Kansas State did look like a real strong defensive team, so credit to them as well.