GDT: 12/5/2015 — James Brown said, "No static; don't start none, won't be none"!

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wichita is a good team. This isn't the game that I'm going to hang my fire Crews hat on. Although maybe we need to get some "Make SLU Basketball Great Again" hats made to wear to the games.

Yes, Wichita is better man to man than the Bills. That said, getting run off your own floor twice in a week isn't exactly inspiring confidence. I do like the hat idea.

Negatives:

Where did Ash and Mike go? Why don't we draw up plays to get these guys going? In particular, some of the sets that led to open shots for Austin could be used for Mike...

Similar with Bartley; we saw that he was a good shooter last year. Why can't he get any looks this year?

Reggie just doesn't know what's going on out there.

Jolly.

Opposing teams game plan to take Yacoubou and Crawford away, and the Bills haven't been able to counter.

Opposing teams game plan to take Yacoubou and Crawford away, and the Bills haven't been able to counter.

I understand that teams come up with plans to take certain guys out of it, but rarely is it THAT effective. Crawford is a good enough shooter that he should at least be a good decoy. let him feed the post so that the other team can't help. Have him on the weakside of the court on PNRs to keep the help honest. Anything. Our spacing is just so god-awful.

Once Austin hit a couple of threes, have him and Ash reverse spots and get Ash isolated in the post. There are simple ways to get your talent touches.

Wichita is a good team. This isn't the game that I'm going to hang my fire Crews hat on. Although maybe we need to get some "Make SLU Basketball Great Again" hats made to wear to the games.

Oh...you are tempting me so....

My turn I was there, we lost, not by a few points either. It looks like we are a C team at best.

A few things were good or better than in prior games: There were a hell of a lot more students watching the game. Austin Gillman played better than he has been doing and can shoot. Miles is good. I thought Reggie did well holding their players from going to the boards.

A lot was not so good. I thought one of the referees spent his time trying to find fault in whatever the bills did. We lost by a lot. Bad news. We have 5 games left until we start conference play...

I think it's time to tighten up the rotation, with 8 guys getting >8min each game, and a 9th picking up whatever is left at the 5.

Miles has to play the 1 and should be getting ~30min. He is the only guy on our team capable of getting into the lane and breaking the defense down. Roby and Bartley can split the PG duties for 10min. Bishop isn't close to being ready defensively.

Crawford should start the game and each get about 25min at the 2/3. He is by far our most efficient offensive player and needs to be on the court, as defenses have to account for him at all times.

Roby, Ash and Bartley should split the rest of the time at the 2/3. Whoever is playing well that day ends up with 25+min. Each of these guys has had a strange start to the year, yet they each bring something to the table and deserve to see the floor.

Milik needs to start at the 4. He should get ~30min and NOT PLAY THE 3. He is a good passer from the post and knows how to score. Reggie can back him up and get the remaining minutes here, but I really just want him to be a hustle guy - let him go after offensive rebounds.

Austin should start the game at the 5 and play at least 25min. He is our only big with any skill, and has been improving defensively. Reggie can back Austin up as well (~8min), and Neufeld can fill in the gaps (<7min). No Jolly - why did he start today???

What an evening's entertainment. From the Brett Jolly start (WTF?) to the obvious goaltending no-call, to our own table resetting the shot clock for WSU, this game had everything. I was so entertained I left with 6 minutes to go instead of 10 like I did the Morehead State game.

I fear I am in for another long and dreary conference season. Our team just ain't that good and our coach doesn't know what to do about it.

Not a surprising result. Gregg Marshall is a proven winner. The Shockers top 8 players are each better than SLUs best player. The Shockers are superior in every single facet than SLU. And they aren't even at 100%.

Should have backed up the Brinks truck to Marshall's house back in 2013.