Hartford Preview

SLU_Nick

I'm looking for a 75-50 type score. Hartford is slightly worse than UMSL. Bowie wiped out a 21 point halftime deficit and pounded the Hawks on the glass.

Bowie State can be a decent team ---- Bowie is a suburb of DC and Baltimore and can be a landing place for local, big talent "non-qualifiers." But many times, a "lack of discipline" or a "failure to implement institutional controls" will rear up, find a player ineligible, and flat-tire a season. They are D-II in the CIAA. They will also play/be sacrificed at #3 Maryland this year as well. A lesser version, if you will, of local Coppin State.

Pomeroy's first numbers are up and we open at #153. For our OOC opponents: Hartford = #313; SIU-Edwardsvile = #326; North Florida = #116; Louisville = #25; Morehead State = #207; Wichita State = #15; Alabama A&M = #317; Tennessee-Martin = #234; Indiana State = #146; SIU = #192; and KState = #109.

Hartford lost to Bowie St at home in their exhibition game. This game should be one for our boys to gain a little confidence. I am not sure what the Wiz will offer up for a spread but I am hoping it is double digits.

I am planning on doing something in the lower double digits for a Bills win. I am waiting for the results of the Hartford game tonight. Hartford isn't very good but they should be able to beat Cen Ct an F- team (see Bonwich post from preseason grade thread).

I am planning on doing something in the lower double digits for a Bills win. I am waiting for the results of the Hartford game tonight. Hartford isn't very good but they should be able to beat Cen Ct an F- team (see Bonwich post from preseason grade thread).

Nobody beats the Wiz

Hartford is terrible. Should be a comfortable win and a chance for the fringe players to fight for their spot in the rotation

Hartford is frequently one of the worst D-I programs. After a fairly decent finish in 2013 (RPI: 187), they've been trending the wrong way again. Recent RPI finishes, in reverse order (out of 351 D-I programs): 245, 236, 187, 307, 276, 304, 299 - you get the idea.

Hartford is frequently one of the worst D-I programs. After a fairly decent finish in 2013 (RPI: 187), they've been trending the wrong way again. Recent RPI finishes, in reverse order (out of 351 D-I programs): 245, 236, 187, 307, 276, 304, 299 - you get the idea.

I think they lost 6 seniors from last year's team that as you pointed out was not good. Maybe that senior class just sucked but now I see them as terrible and inexperienced. I'm not very high on our team this season, but even I think this game should be a comfortable win.

I think they lost 6 seniors from last year's team that as you pointed out was not good. Maybe that senior class just sucked but now I see them as terrible and inexperienced. I'm not very high on our team this season, but even I think this game should be a comfortable win.

Couldn't agree more. This should feel like a second exhibition game. It's a good one to have as this team's first game of the season.

Is it commonplace for a D1 team to have opening night against a D2 team? Not being sarcastic but wondering if this is a SLU thing or not

America East is D1, believe it or not.

This is why I will always contend that playing a team like Rockhurst is better or at least not any worse for fans than playing a little known D-I bottom level team. Most people can't distinguish D-I vs D-II programs at the bottom level of D-I (see BigMouth's post & hsmith's reply). The D-I team may actually cost more as a buy team (baseless speculation), they certainly hurt your RPI vs not counting at all (Pistol's post), and at least Rockhurst alumni in the St. Louis area might up the attendance numbers slightly.

People complain about playing Rockhurst all the time. IMO we should be complaining more about this game against Hartford.

This is why I will always contend that playing a team like Rockhurst is better or at least not any worse for fans than playing a little known D-I bottom level team. Most people can't distinguish D-I vs D-II programs at the bottom level of D-I (see BigMouth's post & hsmith's reply). The D-I team may actually cost more as a buy team (baseless speculation), they certainly hurt your RPI vs not counting at all (Pistol's post), and at least Rockhurst alumni in the St. Louis area might up the attendance numbers slightly.

People complain about playing Rockhurst all the time. IMO we should be complaining more about this game against Hartford.

I prefer D2 over 300+D1 any day. Unless there is a compelling ancillary reason (SIUE being local, recruiting promise, etc), there is no reason to ever play a 300+ RPI D1 team. It doesn't really matter this year from an RPI standpoint though.