Changes in Branding for Athletics

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad our money is going to new logos instead of keeping the students safe and informed. Two on campus gunpoint muggings near the Ulofts and Standard apartments near Picklemans and not a single DPS email or tweet. pathetic. Students shouldn't have to spread this by word of mouth, that's the university's job. How hard is it to send a damn email?

DPS sent an email (at least about the Lofts) within an hour and a half of the incident

Got it at 10:05 and report said it happened at 850. A faster email/tweet couldn't have been sent out at least notifying students to be careful? takes like 2 seconds to tweet something. Also, the girl was robbed at gunpoint and slapped in the face! what kind of animal does this? and yet people want to protest on our campus...

Billikenfan05 some people live to complain. My ex was like that. She could find fault in most things and events, she generally was disappointed in one way or the other. People like this have a very hard time with their lives, first of all trying to figure out how most of everything around themselves is not up to par, and second worrying about what the future will bring. They apparently love to feel like victims, that somehow, in ways I never understood, seems to makes them feel better.

From a few people that I've talked to, the rolling out of merchandise with the new logo is a gradual process. They still have a fair number of stuff from the previous design and have to clear that stuff out before the full switch is made. The timeline that the bookstore manager gave me was about 18 months, but that by the time this school year is over it should be mostly new items. The only reason it might take a while is because some of the non-clothing items don't sell as quickly.

From a few people that I've talked to, the rolling out of merchandise with the new logo is a gradual process. They still have a fair number of stuff from the previous design and have to clear that stuff out before the full switch is made. The timeline that the bookstore manager gave me was about 18 months, but that by the time this school year is over it should be mostly new items. The only reason it might take a while is because some of the non-clothing items don't sell as quickly.

I assume old logo stuff will be put on sale and agressively discounted?

I assume old logo stuff will be put on sale and agressively discounted?

From what I was told, the big sales would be the typical pre-Christmas and end of academic year ones. After that, I would guess the remaining current gear would be discounted heavily so they can complete the process.

Another roll out fail. I think the only successful part of the rebrand process was that they were able to get a solid crowd into the Arena for that event. Other than that, D- or F on everything else.

SLU is updating the logo and the Billiken. Where did you get this idea of a massive roll out and marketing campaign?

SLU is updating the logo and the Billiken. Where did you get this idea of a massive roll out and marketing campaign?

Who said anything about a marketing campaign? Is it too much to ask to have the roll out be at a date that makes sense with plenty of merchandise with the new brand that you spent high 5 or low 6 figures to create? I don't think that is asking much at all.