Grandy Glazed off into the sunset

holy ###### can someone please come up with a better discussion than arguing over whether an old white guy tweets enough.

thank you. if you are not talking Tatum right now, shut it down. everybody needs to be on point

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And right on cue, Durando RTs a Tatum Instagram post

So did his bosses at the P-D finally give Stu the freedom to provide the type of coverage he has always wanted to do?... Or did Stu react to some of the criticism he may have read on billikens.com?

So did his bosses at the P-D finally give Stu the freedom to provide the type of coverage he has always wanted to do?... Or did Stu react to some of the criticism he may have read on billikens.com?

You're getting warm, although this is still distorted through our MBM lens. :)

Another small conference school coming off a top 100 RPI. Grandy will have a chance to put up bigger numbers than he ever did here and compete for another tourney appearance. Pretty good landing spots for the two transfers so far...can't imagine Lancona will be so fortunate.

Wyoming is in the Mountain West. That is a pretty big and good conference.

Bigger and better than the Big Sky, but I will always consider a conference comparable to the MO Valley (in RPI, at least) "small." Especially when people continue insisting on referring to the A-10 as "mid-major."

Bigger and better than the Big Sky, but I will always consider a conference comparable to the MO Valley (in RPI, at least) "small." Especially when people continue insisting on referring to the A-10 as "mid-major."

Year in year out the Mountain West is a lot more comparable to the A10 than the Valley.

This makes no sense on so many levels. Probably better to have gone with the "I was mixing up my large unpopulated western state universities" or something like that.

If the A-10 is not a mid major, then, what? Tell me.

Is the A-10 the same as the Big 12, Big 10, Big East, ACC, SEC, Pac 12?

If you are going to use the term mid-major, I would think most would refer to conferences other than the power 5 so ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12, and SEC or the football conferences. I would not include the Big East with those schools.

They're all relative terms. I don't have a problem with the A-10 being called a mid-major by itself; it's the other conferences they are commonly lumped in with under that term that bugs me. The A-10 is clearly a step up from conferences like the MO Valley and (in the past couple years) the Mountain West as well.

And as to the second part of your question, there have been years when the A-10 was better than some of those conferences (SEC and Pac 12 in particular). So no, I am not a huge fan of the caste system idea to begin with.