McBroom gone

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A short search finds no such change to the rule. I did find a proposal made last year to let a student who has already transferred once be allowed to do it again and add a 6th year but only for a hardship case such as family illness. It would be used starting in the 2015-16 season if it was implemented. If it WAS approved, I can't find evidence of it.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/council-recommends-transfer-policy-change

I read it Wednesday on line. Maybe I read it wrong but I thought it said it was approved.

And McBroom leaves as the all time 9th best three point shooter at 38.9%, 0.4% ahead of Troy Robertson. Austin also had the 6th best season three point % (50 attempts) with 42.9%. For some reason, SLU does not tabulate class 3 point shooting efficiency lists.

With 11 more successful FT, McBroom would have been top 10 career FT %.

I don't see either of them being core players on this team in the future. AG showed flashes, so I guess I'm undecided on him as a future core player.

I see nothing in BJ.

Best keep both. Best both stay.

I don't see either of them being core players on this team in the future. AG showed flashes, so I guess I'm undecided on him as a future core player.

I see nothing in BJ.

Jolly is the only freshman that I don't see anything in. But who knows? If he stops flopping, doesn't panic so much, and lives in the gym this summer, he could maybe be a rotation guy on a decent team. He probably needs the most work of anyone though.

I will say that these freshmen read this board religiously and for some reason, they really care what we say. So I'm trying to spread some positive vibes, but still being realistic.

I would agree with you Jolly has a role, he passes well from the post, and is a physical presence. He can hit the fade away shot as well, which helps his ability to pass out of the post, as it gives time for things to develop. I think he has developed some chemistry with Ash in that regard, and that ability to pass to the cutter makes this offense go. He seemed to get stupid fouls early and mid season but I thought that dropped off. I can see him developing into an enforcer role a la Conklin.

Weights, endurance and practice is what he needs....

I would agree with you Jolly has a role, he passes well from the post, and is a physical presence. He can hit the fade away shot as well, which helps his ability to pass out of the post, as it gives time for things to develop. I think he has developed some chemistry with Ash in that regard, and that ability to pass to the cutter makes this offense go. He seemed to get stupid fouls early and mid season but I thought that dropped off. I can see him developing into an enforcer role a la Conklin.

Weights, endurance and practice is what he needs....

He's got the frame to bulk up. He could definitely be a presence down low in terms of strength. We obviously need him to keep working on his inside game and use whatever weight he can put on to get position inside. You don't have to be a big time athlete to do some damage down low and have a few post moves. Heinrich couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time but he developed into a serviceable big man inside.

Ian Vouyoukas averaged 2.2 ppg his freshman year with 1.7 rpg. He turned out pretty good. Will Jolly be as good as Ian? Let's find out in the next three years.

I don't think their situations are comparable, but this continues to make me wish we'd get more big men from overseas.

Jolly did play a lot for a freshman big. I had forgot about his falling away shots that added a surprise by going in. I think we have a coach who teaches the bigs to retreat instead of rebound. Maybe if we get a board banger that will change the nature of this team.

For freshman some did well. I hope Crews and company can win with sophomores.

Jolly has the body type and the intensity to be a Conklinesque enforcer. Gilllllmannnnn is more of a Rob Loe type. They're young and they generally played like freshmen and complement each other well. If there was one thing I would like to see them improve on is for Jolly not to rush his shots and passes and for Gillllmannnn to do the exact opposite.

Jolly is the only freshman that I don't see anything in. But who knows? If he stops flopping, doesn't panic so much, and lives in the gym this summer, he could maybe be a rotation guy on a decent team. He probably needs the most work of anyone though.

I will say that these freshmen read this board religiously and for some reason, they really care what we say. So I'm trying to spread some positive vibes, but still being realistic.

Then they're the only ones who care.

What in the world does this mean? If the players don't want to read some message board about themselves, then they must not care about basketball?

No. It means nobody but the board members care about what is said on this board. If the players put any credence into what is said on this board they are being foolish.

No. It means nobody but the board members care about what is said on this board. If the players put any credence into what is said on this board they are being foolish.

My mistake. I agree completely. The players should not read this board, and if they do, they shouldn't take a single word of it to heart.