Crews quotes

Says in the morning paper today, "Our guys have not been overly enthusiastic the last three years" ...

Context is he sees more enthusiasm and encouragement among highly spirited personalities off the floor and wants more of that in game situations.

Anyone who saw the article, is this context accurate?

In other words, maybe they need to loosen up and that may help them play better.

How do you think the players on this team and the teams from the past two seasons would react to that assessment?

Do you think he was misquoted and instead said past 3 GAMES?

Last year they were pretty business-like but I'd say the year that Kwamain and Cody were seniors, they showed plenty of emotion and enthusiasm on the court.

But this team does need to loosen up and have some fun. Agree that the substitutions do have something to do with it

Says in the morning paper today, "Our guys have not been overly enthusiastic the last three years" ...

Context is he sees more enthusiasm and encouragement among highly spirited personalities off the floor and wants more of that in game situations.

Anyone who saw the article, is this context accurate?

In other words, maybe they need to loosen up and that may help them play better.

How do you think the players on this team and the teams from the past two seasons would react to that assessment?

Do you think he was misquoted and instead said past 3 GAMES?

I take it to mean that our previous group was business like and this young team tends to be a bit too emotional on the court.

I read it that these guys have a lot of enthusiasm off the floor, not so much on it. But there's a lot of things JC says that I just plain don't understand. Crewsspeak?

After the Richmond game Crews said, "we were ready close from an offensive standpoint to getting over the hump".

I read it that these guys have a lot of enthusiasm off the floor, not so much on it. But there's a lot of things JC says that I just plain don't understand. Crewsspeak?

After the Richmond game Crews said, "we were really close from an offensive standpoint to getting over the hump".

Our ft/fta rate was bad, our TOV% was bad and our points per pocession number was bad. We weren't close to getting over any hump.

The Boone County coach sounds like he's talking about the Bills in today's stltoday story:

Anderson cited poor spacing and timing for the season’s struggles, as well as player movement without the ball. He criticized the team’s “basketball IQ” as well.

“Chemistry has been a challenge,” he said. “Part of that is youth, part of that is we’ve played a lot of different lineups.”

The Boone County coach sounds like he's talking about the Bills in today's stltoday story:

Anderson cited poor spacing and timing for the seasons struggles, as well as player movement without the ball. He criticized the teams basketball IQ as well.

Chemistry has been a challenge, he said. Part of that is youth, part of that is weve played a lot of different lineups.

The Boone County warden had to take over a flaming pile.

That brawl was unreal. Made the 2011 Crosstown Shootout look like a slap fight.

One advantage of such a brawl for us tonight would be the opportunity to boot some guys off the team.

Maybe we need some of this type of emotion on the floor tonight: http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/03/texas-southern-southern-brawl-15-suspensions

ujumdnfvvs7gh2arwij0.png

"When the smoke cleared, the game was ruled a double forfeit, and administrations of both schools ended up handing down a whopping 15 suspensions.

Texas Southern, who was slated to be the top seed in the SWAC tournament, which leads to an automatic bid to the NCAA tournament if won, has decided to end their basketball season after the incident, and Southern, who is the number two seed, is going to have to continue on without seven of its players, one of whom was dismissed from the program completely."

Wow pretty severe if you ask me

The tiger mascot is by far my favorite part of that video.

-where was the tiger when the melee started? doesn't look like on the endline with the cheerleaders, takes 50 seconds to appear - I submit under the bleachers with a fan, tiger can't even get credit for lasting a full minute...

-and the male ref with his arm around the female ref watching the tiger prance, very nice act of chivalry

-where was the tiger when the melee started? doesn't look like on the endline with the cheerleaders, takes 50 seconds to appear - I submit under the bleachers with a fan, tiger can't even get credit for lasting a full minute...

-and the male ref with his arm around the female ref watching the tiger prance, very nice act of chivalry

The female ref was probably the most useless person on that court.

I am actually surprised there were that many people in attendance at a SWAC women's game.

The tiger is almost as awesome as the shark mascot in the Justin Love buzzer beater in Ukraine video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6pIang4D2k

[How do I embed YouTube? I can't remember.]

I never tire of this. So much great stuff ranging from the hookers posing as cheerleaders to the fat guy taking off his shirt, but my personal favorite as at the 1:10 mark, #33 comes down to push the shark and then the ref tells the shark to keep his fins to himself. Then on the next free throw the shark is standing perfectly still with his fins crossed.