A10 Tourney

Duquesne, George Washington, Rhode Island, Dayton/St. Bonnie/St. Joe's, then the Championship.

Love to have a rematch with GW...maybe that will get the boys' blood boiling a little...

What good would a win do? I am all for letting this season die on the vine so we can start to concentrate on just how we pick up the pieces from this goat-rope season. The only kid who didn't play yesterday was Miles Reynolds. What happened there? Manning made the box score for defending the inbounds at the end of the first half and was credited with zero (0) minutes played. Now THAT would have been a fitting end to his career here. But we get one more game. Yay!

No MR yesterday put the stamp on this WTF season. TL and AM getting minutes further emphasized the notion of who's at the helm. Better yet, do we even have a helm? As for picking up the pieces to this puzzle, it looks like we'll be missing some and won't be able to finish it. End the waterboarding the sooner the better.

No MR yesterday put the stamp on this WTF season. TL and AM getting minutes further emphasized the notion of who's at the helm. Better yet, do we even have a helm? As for picking up the pieces to this puzzle, it looks like we'll be missing some and won't be able to finish it. End the waterboarding the sooner the better.

I can understand a little bit on why Lancona got some minutes considering the foul trouble Gillmann and Jolly were in but Reynolds getting 0 minutes and McBroom playing just has me dumbfounded. Not sure Reynolds would've done any better but why do this now? Ever since McBroom had a really good game vs VCU hes been on the bench, now all the sudden in the last game of the year he gets ample playing time.

I can understand a little bit on why Lancona got some minutes considering the foul trouble Gillmann and Jolly were in but Reynolds getting 0 minutes and McBroom playing just has me dumbfounded. Not sure Reynolds would've done any better but why do this now? Ever since McBroom had a really good game vs VCU hes been on the bench, now all the sudden in the last game of the year he gets ample playing time.

Yep, agree Reynolds should have gotten and deserved minutes. That part I do not get. Reynolds plays hard. He makes boneheaded plays once in awhile, but he deserves minutes.

It's not even that Reynolds necessarily deserves minutes. What I don't get is why McBroom goes from basically 2-3 minutes a game to significant minutes last night. Even if our staff does have a plan, they don't do anything to get the confidence from the fans or players. They can say all the right things, but what they actually do means a hell of a lot more than what they try to say.

It's a good draw, given the circumstances.

Duquesne is the worst coached (and flat out worst) other A10 team I've seen this year. That we lost to them once is a shame. I'd hope that there's enough composure on our side to beat them on a neutral floor. And maybe the should've-been-a-win at GW will be a motivator if they see a second game.

But I don't know. I think the past two weeks have been about as bad as I've ever seen SLU play in my lifetime. The team right now doesn't look like the same group that had a win at GW in grasp. Actually, looking back at the past month, I don't think there's any question that this is the worst month of SLU basketball I've ever witnessed. And the second half of it is troubling in how bad their body language is, how defeated they look.

But if we're going to win any games in Brooklyn, this is the best possible draw.

Duquesne plays that soft zone defense, but scores points at the other end. If SLU can shoot the ball, and guard the 3 on defense, SLU should win this first game. You have to halt the Duquesne dribble drive penetration and guard those 3 point shooters, don't give Duquesne's shooters wide open looks.

And SLU needs to score the ball against that Duquesne soft zone. Davidson just torched Duquesne for 107 points.

The better Billikens pre-February win this one.

This game will no doubt be played in veritable obscurity, like a closed scrimmage, in terms of the likely absence of fans in the stands. Fordham plays the first game. What few Fordham fans that show up will likely be headed for home by the time of SLU's 9 p.m. Eastern tip-off.

Yep, agree Reynolds should have gotten and deserved minutes. That part I do not get. Reynolds plays hard. He makes boneheaded plays once in awhile, but he deserves minutes.

Would be nice if Stu could get some answers to stuff like this.

Would be nice if Stu could get some answers to stuff like this.

Would be, but probably not. Brian Haenchen, has provided better coverage this year with his reports on InsideSTL.com. I would say its 50/50 that Stu shows up in Brooklyn, the PD has been using a stringer for road games since after the Dayton game.

We can beat DU, but since they play zone it's critical AY and MY don't take off on those bull headed drives to the hoop. It could be a good game for MB and MC, since they're proving to be good from 3 land, especially MB. Also, DR has shown some spurts from out there as well. At first, I didn't care figuring this season was a total lost cause, but it is tourney time and hope springs anew.

We can beat DU, but since they play zone it's critical AY and MY don't take off on those bull headed drives to the hoop. It could be a good game for MB and MC, since they're proving to be good from 3 land, especially MB. Also, DR has shown some spurts from out there as well. At first, I didn't care figuring this season was a total lost cause, but it is tourney time and hope springs anew.

Bartley has torched Duquesne this year. Of course, in the last game he was promptly benched after draining a couple of threes early on.

To say this year has been a disappointment is a HUGE understatement, but I will take a victory against any team, on any date rather than another loss. I am hoping that because the team has been together for almost a whole week that maybe there was some good bonding and team building. Hopefully, Ash's second trip to NY goes a lot better than his outing against Fordham. Go Bills!

Yes, I've been following SLU basketball for over 50 years and I am an eternal optimist.

Bartley has torched Duquesne this year. Of course, in the last game he was promptly benched after draining a couple of threes early on.

Hopefully MB learned his lesson.

That bracket is winnable. I foresee a SLU vs. SBU rematch we get revenge and advance to the Finals. SLU SLU SLU

S-A-I-N-T L-O-U-I-S!

That bracket is winnable. I foresee a SLU vs. SBU rematch we get revenge and advance to the Finals. SLU SLU SLU

S-A-I-N-T L-O-U-I-S!

Would be nice!

If these guys come out and play like a team, play the way we played against VCWho and G Dubya, then we could beat any of those teams on our side of the bracket. Nothing would give me more satisfaction at the end of this painful season than to see our boys play RI and put a good a** whooping on that prick Hurley's squad. But obviously that's not gonna happen, we will most likely see the same disinterested, dysfunctional team that we have seen for the past month lose to Duquesne...

This A10 Tournament is wide open. I looked at the bracket today. I really don't think the top 4 teams that have the byes are that good. I see VCU beating Richmond, as that would be the third time they've played, UR won the first 2, and it is tough to beat a team 3 times (except, of course SLU's 3-Peat over Butler in '13; I just had to cite that one). But VCU has been fallen by injuries.

After the early bannings of its 2 bigs, Dayton plays 7 players, one of whom is a former walk-on, none taller than 6'6". Davidson is a newcomer, a veritable unknown to me, relies on the 3's. Davidson won the A10 Regular Season with players recruited to play int he Southern Conference.

Rhode Island isn't that great. Plus, URI is coached by Hurley. Would Hurley actually be allowed to whine and snivel his way into an NCAA Tournament Automatic Bid? Say it isn't so. The NIT (Not In Tournament ) looks like a much more appropriate place for Hurley.

In the next 6, VCU is injured. GW seems to have underachieved and may be a threat to win this Tourney, as it is playing for its NCAA Tournament life. But GW would have to win 4 games in 4 days, a tall order. St. Bona plays one man short; the Bonnies can only go so far. UMass is coached by Kellogg, another theatrics type like Hurley, and UMass can't shoot. LaSalle is an enigma too, seems to have decent players.

Phil Martelli at 10th Seed St. Joe's is the Dean of A10 Coaches, and has a top player in Bembry.

You could just about throw a blanket over these Top 10 teams. I really have little confidence in picking any of these teams to win this thing. Right now I'm going out on a limb and picking GW, while acknowledging having to win 4 games in 4 days is a tall order.