Bills by 10 over SIU-C

The Wiz

Welcome to the Centennial Year of Billiken basketball.

We start with a very familar opponent...The Salukis

In some ways they are similar to the Bills ...a very young team (6 freshman..no seniors) ...a lot of unknowns...Their star player will be Beane (14.7ppg) followed by their super sub Pendleton (9.1ppg .. 20 min/g)...after that, the rest is a mystery. The Salukis were also a statistical rarity last year...one of the few teams to score exactly the same amount of points as they gave up. (66.9)

So there you have it ...2 mystery teams going at each other on the first game. But , I think our mystery players are better, coupled with the magic of a big crowd at the Fetz and a Bayesian forecasting model that loves the Bills..........Bills by 10

Bills win. Home court advantage. Confident after Memphis scrimmage. JC's a good game coach. However, I'm concerned about their rebounding skills. We can't allow SIU a lot of second chance shots and we've got to get us more than just 2 or 3. This kind of falls on the shoulders of Manning and whoever's at the 4.

Seems like SIUC is similar to us with youth and inexperience. Because I wouldn't pick us to go on the road and win the first game of the season, I'll say SIUC can't do it either. Bills by 9.

SIUC returns much more scoring and on court experience than we do.

I agree. Even though Grandy and John are both seniors, they have a lot to prove. They have played behind some great players and hopefully they can show what they have learned these past few years. But in reality, it may take a few games for them to actually produce in game.

I think SIUC will actually be decent this year and I'm not guaranteeing a win in any game this season, but I just think that we will be better early on than most people think. I mean I expect to drop a game or 2 early in the season that we shouldn't, but just don't see it happening in the home opener. Might even agree on the SIUC pick if it was in 2 weeks.

Opening night with a good attendance, Ash won't be denied, on our home court, our freshman will be better than their freshman, Crews much better coach, we're a winning program now, etc. Billikens win.

+1

Bills win. Home court advantage. Confident after Memphis scrimmage. JC's a good game coach. However, I'm concerned about their rebounding skills. We can't allow SIU a lot of second chance shots and we've got to get us more than just 2 or 3. This kind of falls on the shoulders of Manning and whoever's at the 4.

'72. So do you still have us going 14 and 16 despite beating SIUC to start the year? Not too late for you or anyone else to revise upcoming predictions for this year.