OT: NBA Playoff Lock of The Year

MB73

I interpretted as a projection not a prediction. Was I wrong to do that?

I can say that I for one read it before the game and pretty much thought the points were pointed in the right direction. But I can say that I would not have commented on the thread until the game was over, thereby having the complete work with which to comment from. Saying no one said anything by halftime is not a reason to take things off. You look cheapened. You were wrong.

No. Learn to read.

I said I changed it at halftime "for laughs". The original post wasn't for laughs. It was posted in early afternoon but not one comment from anyone, even by halftime. I knew many had seen it, but of course no one said they liked San Antonio.

I really thought the Heat would pound SA into dust, after a loss, all of that...

Now there are 100 articles about how tired The Heat were, they've played so many minutes over the years, how Lebron wasn't 100%, and how SA's deft passing jelled even more when they went with Diaw in game # 3, that it was the key change that blew The Heat's "D" to shreds.

I had SA in game # 3.

And to the one guy, I lost more on game # 4 than you made this week through Wednesday or Thursday, I would speculate.

Its been great to watch unselfish team basketball in this series executed to perfection. Those who dont watch the NBA and think there isn't great team, basketball, they are missing a treat. The Spurs have been doing this for 15 years and are about to win their 15th title in that span.

+1. I love watching Duncan and Parker and like the way they play team ball. Makes the NBA fun to watch. We were watching with a group and the consensus was that the Spurs just had flat out better execute and rely on virtually everyone to contribute. Again, fun to watch.

Thanks to the miracle of the internets I was able to rescue the original post from the dead. Enjoy.

MB73 said:

6* Miami - 5

• Miami is the best team in the NBA
  • best player in the league, Lebron James (I am no fan of his)
  • at home
  • Miami coming off a loss, a must win game, down 2-1, they have performed incredibly in the playoffs the last few years off a loss
  • series at 2-1 Spurs; NBA wants it to go to 2-2 to ensure at least two more games, maybe three, if it goes 3-1 fans/viewers will drop off dramatically whereas if it is 2-2 it becomes a 3 game series and interest increases exponentially (millions of $$$ at stake from sponsors, etc.)
  • SA might let down, happy, content that they regained home court advantage, know they can go back home for best of three with two games at home
  • zig-zag: in the NBA playoffs, team that lost last game tends to win and cover the point spread
  • it is all about defense, Miami was comfortable after their game # 2 win on the road and did not play all out "D" in 3rd game, tonight will be going at 100% every minute
  • Spurs hit a high % of shots game # 3, that is highly unlikely to continue, even though Spurs move the ball better than most any team in the NBA and putting Diaz into the starting lineup enhanced that movement, tonight the Heat will play their best "D" and prevent the passing lanes from being as open as game # 3.
  • Lebron and Wade and Bosh will take this game over, each in individual spurts, Lebron will close out the game in the 4th quarter; Parker, Duncan and Ginobli are top notch but the Miami three are better
  • Spurs top three will all have foul trouble if necessary as NBA finesses the game Miami's way to ensure an exciting 2-2 series tie
  • Heat G Chambers is top notch and will break out of his funk tonight, it has been an anomaly, he will hit 3-4 "3's" tonight
  • sucker bet: Spurs won big last game by 19 points on the same floor, now getting 5 points, the squares will take the points
  • the air conditioner will be guarded to ensure SA does not sabotage the contest like in game # 1; members of the five families in NY have been flown in to provide security
Enjoy.

1* weak lean

3* regular bet

5* large bet

6* lock of the year, huge bet

10* lock of the decade, bet the farm

This made my night.

No. Learn to read.

I said I changed it at halftime "for laughs".

Learn to read. You said you "took it down," not "changed it." There is a big difference.

This message board is worth checking out over the offseason for your trolling alone. Well done.

By my count MB successfully hit on 2/14 bullet points: Lebron is the best player in the league, and the Heat were, in fact, at home.

3/12. SA didn't sabotage the air conditioning unit, either.

If LeBron stays in Miami this offseason, he is going to be in a similar scenario as his years in Cleveland. Him, one other good player (Bosh), a broken down has been (Wade), and a bunch of journeymen. He would be better off going back to Cleveland or to Chicago.

He is the best individual player on the floor in this series by far. He should go down as a top 10 player of all time. It will be interesting to see where his career goes after this.

If Lebron leaves, Wade will thrive and the team will be far better. Wade and Bosh were fantastic five years back; much better than with Lebron. Wade was a national champion all on his own, Bosh was one of the best players in the league, and yet once they came together they were less than spectacular background singers. For example, NNL just broke down a stat that showed Wade had a PER of 18 when Lebron was on the court, and a PER of 26 when he wasn't. That says it all. Lebron would be much better off in Cleveland where he only has to share the ball with one other star.

If Lebron leaves, Wade will thrive and the team will be far better. Wade and Bosh were fantastic five years back; much better than with Lebron. Wade was a national champion all on his own, Bosh was one of the best players in the league, and yet once they came together they were less than spectacular background singers. For example, NNL just broke down a stat that showed Wade had a PER of 18 when Lebron was on the court, and a PER of 26 when he wasn't. That says it all. Lebron would be much better off in Cleveland where he only has to share the ball with one other star.

You're way off base here.

Wade is falling apart. Literally. His body is beat to . He sat out 25+ games this past regular season solely out of caution because his knees are in such bad shape. And obviously he would have a higher PER when LeBron isn't on the court. He asserted himself way more when LeBron wasn't out there. The problem is that he physically can't do that all of the time anymore. If you took LeBron off that Heat team they would struggle to make the playoffs next year.

Further, LeBron (let me clarify that I don't like the dude) is not a selfish player at all. He loves passing, and honestly I think he passes too much sometimes.

Wade's injuries aside, it would be a much better team if they could build around Wade, Bosh, and have the supporting cast of Birdman, Cole, Chalmers, and Allen. I haven't read up enough on what Wade has going on, but Lebron and the Heat would be better off if they parted ways. All the stats support my theory. Wade's PER is just one of many. Lebron is unarguably the best player in the league, but he's far from the best teammate. (despite how often he passes the ball)

Wade is falling apart. He hasn't developed his game to go along with old age. He may be out of the league in a couple years.

I appreciate Lebron for what he is. He has a dynamic skill set. He certainly is the best player in the game. He's the ultimate all around player. He's not really capable of playing a true team game. It's all him all the time. He almost defers to make himself look better not the team in general. Wade served as Lebron lite on the Heat. He can't do that anymore. LeBron didn't hurt Wade, he extended his career. Bosh is the one who has been hurt. He's totally changed his game, for the worse. When he came to Miami he was a top 10 player in the league, now he's a stretch 4. James isn't capable of playing with a real PF. He should be surrounded by garbage big men, shooters and another big wing, a Joe Johnson or a Paul George, a guy who can take over games but won't get in Lebron's way either. The talk of adding Carmelo to the Heat is laughable. He'd bring the team to a standstill. Or James going to the Clippers. He'd reduce Paul and Griffin to jump shooters overnight. Even going back to Cleveland, James, can't play with a traditional point. He makes them obsolete.

James will be on the other side of 30 next Christmas. He's not getting better. Best bet for winning championships is to do what Dr. J. Team up with a skilled big man who will get garbage points and elevate him to elite status, while making yourself more efficient. The modern day Moses Malone for Lebron's Dr J is Kevin Love.

Wade's injuries aside, it would be a much better team if they could build around Wade, Bosh, and have the supporting cast of Birdman, Cole, Chalmers, and Allen. I haven't read up enough on what Wade has going on, but Lebron and the Heat would be better off if they parted ways. All the stats support my theory. Wade's PER is just one of many. Lebron is unarguably the best player in the league, but he's far from the best teammate. (despite how often he passes the ball)

Completely disagree.

You want to throw stats out there? Lebron was second in the league in PER and WARP. He made below-average players like Chalmers and Birdman feasible as legitimate players. No general manager in the NBA would agree with your statement.

Yeah taking the best player in basketball right now off your team is not going to help.

Wade is done. Like stick a fork in him done.

Bosh has always been really hit and miss. He was the best player on bad Toronto teams, and now plays the disappearing 3rd banana act well in Miami.

Counting on those two along with old ass Jesus Shuttlesworth, Chalmers, and Norris Cole miiiight get you into the playoffs but only because it is the east. I'd say that team without LeBron is probably a 6 seed? Think Cavaliers or Hawks in the 90's level.

So begins my compiling of the top 10 stupidest things said on billikens.com over the summer. Its going to be hard to knock this off the #1 spot.

Chalmers Cole and Allen. Hahaha. God I'd love to see a team that lets chalmers be the guy handing the ball. Is your team trying to be the worst perimeter defending team in the league?

So begins my compiling of the top 10 stupidest things said on billikens.com over the summer. Its going to be hard to knock this off the #1 spot.

Chalmers Cole and Allen. Hahaha. God I'd love to see a team that lets chalmers be the guy handing the ball. Is your team trying to be the worst perimeter defending team in the league?

+1 You used Birdman in an argument as a plus? And tried to say Dwyane Wade can still lead a team? Amazing stupidity.

3/12. SA didn't sabotage the air conditioning unit, either.

'If Lebron leaves, Wade will thrive and the team will be far better.'

Haha ok... Keep telling yourself that.