OT: NBA Playoff Lock of The Year

MB73

Just good fundamental basketball by the Spurs, an absolute beat down of Miami. Kawhi shut down LeFlop defensively while putting up great offensive numbers. Stephen A must be sick right now...

In other news, Miami fans all left the building 5 minutes before the end of the game and headed to the local athletic shop to buy some Spurs jerseys.

Just good fundamental basketball by the Spurs, an absolute beat down of Miami. Kawhi shut down LeFlop defensively while putting up great offensive numbers. Stephen A must be sick right now...

In other news, Miami fans all left the building 5 minutes before the end of the game and headed to the local athletic shop to buy some Spurs jerseys.

Leflop led all scorers so yaaaaaa.... Good try though.

If LeBron stays in Miami this offseason, he is going to be in a similar scenario as his years in Cleveland. Him, one other good player (Bosh), a broken down has been (Wade), and a bunch of journeymen. He would be better off going back to Cleveland or to Chicago.

He is the best individual player on the floor in this series by far. He should go down as a top 10 player of all time. It will be interesting to see where his career goes after this.

Haha wow I wish we had a copy of MB's original post where he told us the Heat were an absolute lock at -5. Hilarious

What happened to his original post? His funniest post since his beatdown of AF... just hilarious for different reasons. This is the MB we've all grown to love.

What happened to his original post? His funniest post since his beatdown of AF... just hilarious for different reasons. This is the MB we've all grown to love.

He edited it at some point. His original post had the Heat as the 6* lock at -5. He told his different levels of locks- 6*= lock of the year, 10*=lock of the decade, and then rambled on about how the Heat would dominate and even up the series.

Classic MB to edit his lock of the year prediction once it goes wrong :lol:

He edited it at some point. His original post had the Heat as the 6* lock at -5. He told his different levels of locks- 6*= lock of the year, 10*=lock of the decade, and then rambled on about how the Heat would dominate and even up the series

Don't forget the NBA conspiracy rambles in there as well. I believe it was that the NBA wants the series to be 2-2 for increased viewership and a guarantee of 2 more games. And something to the effect of people lose interest if the series is 3-1.

Thanks to the miracle of the internets I was able to rescue the original post from the dead. Enjoy.

MB73 said:

6* Miami - 5

• Miami is the best team in the NBA
  • best player in the league, Lebron James (I am no fan of his)
  • at home
  • Miami coming off a loss, a must win game, down 2-1, they have performed incredibly in the playoffs the last few years off a loss
  • series at 2-1 Spurs; NBA wants it to go to 2-2 to ensure at least two more games, maybe three, if it goes 3-1 fans/viewers will drop off dramatically whereas if it is 2-2 it becomes a 3 game series and interest increases exponentially (millions of $$$ at stake from sponsors, etc.)
  • SA might let down, happy, content that they regained home court advantage, know they can go back home for best of three with two games at home
  • zig-zag: in the NBA playoffs, team that lost last game tends to win and cover the point spread
  • it is all about defense, Miami was comfortable after their game # 2 win on the road and did not play all out "D" in 3rd game, tonight will be going at 100% every minute
  • Spurs hit a high % of shots game # 3, that is highly unlikely to continue, even though Spurs move the ball better than most any team in the NBA and putting Diaz into the starting lineup enhanced that movement, tonight the Heat will play their best "D" and prevent the passing lanes from being as open as game # 3.
  • Lebron and Wade and Bosh will take this game over, each in individual spurts, Lebron will close out the game in the 4th quarter; Parker, Duncan and Ginobli are top notch but the Miami three are better
  • Spurs top three will all have foul trouble if necessary as NBA finesses the game Miami's way to ensure an exciting 2-2 series tie
  • Heat G Chambers is top notch and will break out of his funk tonight, it has been an anomaly, he will hit 3-4 "3's" tonight
  • sucker bet: Spurs won big last game by 19 points on the same floor, now getting 5 points, the squares will take the points
  • the air conditioner will be guarded to ensure SA does not sabotage the contest like in game # 1; members of the five families in NY have been flown in to provide security

Enjoy.

1* weak lean

3* regular bet

5* large bet

6* lock of the year, huge bet

10* lock of the decade, bet the farm

• ...tonight the Heat will play their best "D" and prevent the passing lanes from being as open as game # 3.
  • Lebron and Wade and Bosh will take this game over, each in individual spurts, Lebron will close out the game in the 4th quarter; Parker, Duncan and Ginobli are top notch but the Miami three are better
  • Spurs top three will all have foul trouble if necessary as NBA finesses the game Miami's way to ensure an exciting 2-2 series tie
  • Heat G Chambers is top notch and will break out of his funk tonight, it has been an anomaly, he will hit 3-4 "3's" tonight
  • the air conditioner will be guarded to ensure SA does not sabotage the contest like in game # 1; members of the five families in NY have been flown in to provide security

Enjoy.

1* weak lean

3* regular bet

5* large bet

6* lock of the year, huge bet

10* lock of the decade, bet the farm

Lol +100

He edited it at some point. His original post had the Heat as the 6* lock at -5. He told his different levels of locks- 6*= lock of the year, 10*=lock of the decade, and then rambled on about how the Heat would dominate and even up the series.

Classic MB to edit his lock of the year prediction once it goes wrong :lol:

Wow, really gutless... even for MB... or should I say NB.

I love it when pinheads talk about what the NBA, or NFL, "wants" in terms of competition. As if it is simply a matter of the NBA "wanting" a longer series. It is such an idiotic thing to say, about a team like the Spurs, or a major stud like Duncan, who obviously "wants" something else entirely. Duncan et al could not care less what the League "wants."

This rhetoric is a function of paranoia and conspiracy theory; but unfortunately that's not how sports usually works, once the ball is tipped or kicked off. Players have their own motivations.

ps: re the Heat: a) I'm not much of an NBA fan anymore, but I'm so glad they are exposed. B) the word is they want Carmelo to come help out. Talk about overrated--I hope they sign him, so the Pacers, (or Bulls, or whoever) can make a comeback and stomp them good next year.

This rhetoric is a function of paranoia and conspiracy theory; but unfortunately that's not how sports usually works, once the ball is tipped or kicked off. Players have their own motivations.

Didn't catch the Brazil-Croatia game yesterday, huh? ;)

Pretty ironic that the guy who always talks about how some posters aren't "real men" was too cowardly to leave his original post and face the criticism

It was just for laughs, I pulled it at halftime, at that point not one poster had added anything to the thread. So none of you hot shots said otherwise before the game, just swarmed when The Heat sh*t the bed.

And yep, most every bullet point turned to be wrong. The Heat looked like they were playing in 2 feet deep water. I think it was coaching, SA whipped the ball around and found the open man every time. And the SA bench is younger and deeper. I thought The Heat would bounce back but by the same token, the hell with them and their arrogant ways, the so called Big Three hopefully will break up after this season.

It was just for laughs, I pulled it at halftime, at that point not one poster had added anything to the thread. So none of you hot shots said otherwise before the game, just swarmed when The Heat sh*t the bed.

And yep, most every bullet point turned to be wrong. The Heat looked like they were playing in 2 feet deep water. I think it was coaching, SA whipped the ball around and found the open man every time. And the SA bench is younger and deeper. I thought The Heat would bounce back but by the same token, the hell with them and their arrogant ways, the so called Big Three hopefully will break up after this season.

:lol: Love the spin. You DEFINITELY provided laughs.

I think most people thought the Heat would win but you're the only person who felt the need to start a new thread about it and act like a know-it-all. And you say it was all for laughs but if anyone would have challenged you on it before the game and then the Heat would've covered you would have shoved it in their faces afterwards. We know your game, MB.

Oh, and you didn't pull it at halftime. You changed it to make it look like you predicted the Spurs. I'm sure you assumed since it hadn't been quoted no one would have access to your original post.

I hope Tatum is watching this series and realizing that Kawhi Leonard was not hurt at all by going to Sa Diego State. In fact, he was probably better of going there than going to Kentucky, Kansas, Duke, NC, etc. and fighting for time with other top 50 recruits.