OT SPUMAC: And the hits just keep on comin'

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember MUTGR? You know, the guy who tried to con people on this board into believing he was both a Mizzou and SLU fan? He's on SPUMAC board ripping SLU. Wonder why he doesn't come around here any more if he was supposedly a SLU fan? :lol:

Mizzou basketball NCAA Tournament wins since 2003: 4

Mizzou basketball arrests since March 17th, 2014: 4

Fantastic. We can probably throw Haith's NCAA suspension in there, too, if we really want to enjoy the full panorama of the 2013-14 Missouri Tigers.

Remember MUTGR? You know, the guy who tried to con people on this board into believing he was both a Mizzou and SLU fan? He's on SPUMAC board ripping SLU. Wonder why he doesn't come around here any more if he was supposedly a SLU fan? :lol:

None of the traditional Mizzou supporters on here are making a peep right now. They usually chime in when Mizzou is playing well, SLU is down, Mizzou wrongdoings don't seem as bad, etc. It's actually pretty comical.

I saw this post of his this morning and about fell out of my chair.

http://tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=11759027

What Bernie's criticism of college basketball has to do with SLU is beyond me. You'll notice that most of the Tiger posters in that thread pointed out how Bernie's comments have nothing to do with SLU, but the MUTGRs of the world just don't get it.

I just read this thread top to bottom for the first time. Honestly it just makes me sad. I've always grown up rooting against Mizzou but at this point it's too pitiful for me to root against. Hire a coach with beyond suspicious NCAA activity who fills his team with transfers (immediately a red-flag in terms of player commitment and discipline) and then proceeds to have horrendous oversight on those players, leading to a litany of violations. And even when the players are able to make it on the court, they grossly underachieve.

For the sake of Mizzou, I hope they dismiss Haith and bring in a coach who can foster some institutional control.

I just read this thread top to bottom for the first time. Honestly it just makes me sad. I've always grown up rooting against Mizzou but at this point it's too pitiful for me to root against. Hire a coach with beyond suspicious NCAA activity who fills his team with transfers (immediately a red-flag in terms of player commitment and discipline) and then proceeds to have horrendous oversight on those players, leading to a litany of violations. And even when the players are able to make it on the court, they grossly underachieve.

For the sake of Mizzou, I hope they dismiss Haith and bring in a coach who can foster some institutional control.

But Haith still has a ton of staunch defenders among the faithful. That's what baffles me more than anything.

You think I could get Lindenwood and points against them these days?

I say we arrange a pick-up team of MBM's and schedule a game against the Mizzou basketball team. Well, those that aren't in prison. Assuming we make it out alive I think we'd keep it close.

But Haith still has a ton of staunch defenders among the faithful. That's what baffles me more than anything.

Agreed. What has he done to prove he still deserves the position??

NOTHING.

I seriously doubt that is the case and the decrease in attendance would seem to point to fans not being on board. From what I see from my friends who are Mizzou fans, there is an overall lack of interest in the basketball program while interest in the football program seems to be at an all time high. I think you would find that most Mizzou fans are either on the fence with Haith or want him fired, likely not many overly supportive of him. The uninspiring play and now the recent situations certainly are not helping his cause and are likely further dwindling the number of supporters he has. I think he enters this season fully aware that his seat is nice and warm. As a lifelong fan of Mizzou the only interest I have in the basketball program at this point is in seeing Haith crash and burn in spectacular Quin Snyder-esque fashion and boy is off to a good start with two kids getting busted for smoking pot, his only two players entering the NBA draft, and one of his players stalking and assaulting a teammate.

I'm talking about boosters and hardcore fans. My family is originally from Boone County, and I know a bunch of basketball and football season ticket holders. They all love the guy and still sing his praises for that last season in the Big 12 with Anderson's players. Compare Haith to Quin Snyder and they go ballistic.

Hypothetical. Would you rather get to the National Championship game and lose to Mizzou or miss the Tourney? Completely hypothetical as we all know that that Mizzou is more likely to have a month where nobody gets arrested than to even win a game in the Tournament.

I have not seen many games, but I get the impression that DGB is a great athlete who under achieves. I was more impressed with other receivers last year

Based on him being the #1 recruit in the nation and being compared to some of the best receivers to come out of high school, I think it is safe to say he has underachieved to this point in his career on the field. When you factor in the off the field issues, I don't think there is any question.

I would say he and L'Damian Washington were both really good receivers this season for Mizzou. DGB had a pretty huge game at Kentucky catching 4 TDs and outside of Tre Mason may have been the best player on the field in the SEC Championship game.

I would bet the the feds will start or have already started taking a hard look at Mizzou's athletic department. The lack of charges, lack of real investigations, and delay in charges/school discipline against athletes in cases involving violence against women attracts the feds attention. This has been a pattern at Mizzou even before Dixon's multiple incidents.