OT SPUMAC: And the hits just keep on comin'

I'll always be a mizzou football fan. I tried so hard to be a fan of both slu and mizzou basketball, but ever since they turned into thugU around 06 07ish I can not stand that program.

Not sure I would call the teams they had with Mike Anderson and Haith's first season thugs. I am not sure who currently on their team I would call a thug either beyond maybe Criswell and possibly this Price kid depending on what the story is. I guess Oriakhi and Criswell last season played a little thuggish, but Oriakhi did not come across as a thug and Dixon got in trouble, but that seemed to be him being a sexual deviant. Their teams the past two seasons have been selfish and soft which is what has completely killed my interest in the program along with the constant transfers in and out, but for me it is not because I perceive them as a team of thugs. If anything Haith has put together the fundamentally dumbest team in college basketball and for that he should be proud based on what he started with.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll always be a mizzou football fan. I tried so hard to be a fan of both slu and mizzou basketball, but ever since they turned into thugU around 06 07ish I can not stand that program. I've lost all bit of respect, I only tune into their games bc they are from and represent to a degree the state.

So you liked SPUMAC during the Quin Snyder era? They only became "ThugU" when Anderson took over? :blink:

I've kinda grown to like Anderson more as time has gone on. Probably because the SPUMACers hate him for getting the the hell out of there. Anderson was a better coach and classier than cokehead Quin.

You're right it was more of 04 05 with kalen grimes and ricky clemons, then again in 07ish with stefon hannah and darryl butterfield. Recently pre this season it was much better, bowers/denmon that whole group were good. I don't mean this years team was thuggish, just out of control character's.

Not sure I would call the teams they had with Mike Anderson and Haith's first season thugs. I am not sure who currently on their team I would call a thug either beyond maybe Criswell and possibly this Price kid depending on what the story is. I guess Oriakhi and Criswell last season played a little thuggish, but Oriakhi did not come across as a thug and Dixon got in trouble, but that seemed to be him being a sexual deviant. Their teams the past two seasons have been selfish and soft which is what has completely killed my interest in the program along with the constant transfers in and out, but for me it is not because I perceive them as a team of thugs. If anything Haith has put together the fundamentally dumbest team in college basketball and for that he should be proud based on what he started with.

I actually think a lot more highly of Criswell as a person if the claim his dad made about Criswell's rent/money problems are accurate. Can't fault a kid for trying to help out his momma.

To summarize what has happened to the Mizzou basketball program since selection Sunday:

- Two players arrested and charged with smoking pot. Brief suspensions for each ensue.

- Barely avoids a first round NIT home upset to Davidson in front of 1,000 or so fans.

- Loses to Southern Mississppi at home in the second round of the NIT

- Two juniors declare for the NBA. Combined, they represent 51% of their scoring and in total they will lose ~75% of their scoring to graduation and the NBA (obviously SLU is in the same boat here).

- One graduating player's dad calls a national radio show to complain about Haith. Player and mom later come to Haith's defense on the same show.

- One of their three transfers gets in a fight with his roommate/teammate and is subsequently arrested.

What have I missed?

None of these by themselves is a big deal, but the pattern has to be alarming. At some point the worm will turn and Haith will land some more transfers to keep the cycle going.

Great move by Biedschied to go to such a "big time" program. He'll be allowed to chuck up a bunch of low percentage shots and play no defense. What a tool.

So you liked SPUMAC during the Quin Snyder era? They only became "ThugU" when Anderson took over? :blink:

I've kinda grown to like Anderson more as time has gone on. Probably because the SPUMACers hate him for getting the the hell out of there. Anderson was a better coach and classier than cokehead Quin.

Considering I was around the age of maybe 13 maybe 14 when snyder was in full control. I didnt know what was considered thuggish, I just knew they were fun to watch. By the time of Hannah and co. I knew what I was watching, that's when I was like screw this.

Guys, it is absolutely reprehensible the way you pile on a fine institution like the University of Missouri. Yes, Mizzou's football program has had the most arrests of any SEC football program since 2010. Yes, MU's football coach was arrested for DWI in 2011. Yes, it seems as though Mizzou officials swept rape allegations under the rug. Yes, an MU professor was arrested for breaking into his neighbor's home and fondling him. Yes, Mizzou had an athlete tutoring program that doubled as a sex ring. But, as their athletic department spokesperson said, "People make bad decisions and make mistakes." Sure, SPUMAC has had some problems...but you don't blame a turd for smelling like $h!t. Same principle here... ;)

Slow clap...

Also, breaking into a neighbor's home and fondling him? I wish my neighbor's were that friendly.

Considering I was around the age of maybe 13 maybe 14 when snyder was in full control. I didnt know what was considered thuggish, I just knew they were fun to watch. By the time of Hannah and co. I knew what I was watching, that's when I was like screw this.

Let me fill you in... they doctored juco transcripts to get Ricky Clemons into school, the coach was a cokehead and banged one of his players girlfriends... while he was married. Players had numerous off court issues. On the court, they weren't really that fun to watch. Usually undisciplined and underachieving. His sleazy recruiting tactics helped him assemble some talent, but they rarely lived up to the hype. Never finished higher than 5th in their conference. The one good season he had (an Elite Eight), they started the season in the Top 10, eventually dropped out of the Top 25 and damn near missed the Tourney, getting in as a #12 seed. More Cinderella than the powerhouse program their delusional fans believed they were.

I actually think a lot more highly of Criswell as a person if the claim his dad made about Criswell's rent/money problems are accurate. Can't fault a kid for trying to help out his momma.

That's really what happened? I thought he was just keeping it for himself. Also I don't know if hes a thug, but having a massive Mercedes-benz logo and a smiley face tattooed on his neck does look a little ridiculous.

That's really what happened? I thought he was just keeping it for himself. Also I don't know if hes a thug, but having a massive Mercedes-benz logo and a smiley face tattooed on his neck does look a little ridiculous.

Maybe he could have done without the Mercedes-benz tatoo on his neck and put that money towards paying his rent? I don't know, I was never considered tough and cool.

Alden has to be anxiously waiting for football season to start back up so that people can move on from the storm that is the basketball program.

I guess I'm confused since I don't really follow Mizzou. Did Price play for Mizzou this year? If so, why an old picture from Louisville? Seems odd. And I wasn't making fun of it. It was just an observation based on the comments above. Do you work for the Post?

No worries. Considering you had never heard of Calbert Cheaney, I don't think anybody is expecting you to know some obscure transfer from Louisville.

Maybe he could have done without the Mercedes-benz tatoo on his neck and put that money towards paying his rent? I don't know, I was never considered tough and cool.

Alden has to be anxiously waiting for football season to start back up so that people can move on from the ###### storm that is the basketball program.

I doubt football and basketball players are paying for their tattoos in CoMO.

This is a bright spot for mizzou and mizzou fans. atleast they know they got a physical player for that piss poor/soft front court.[/quote

I have to agree. This kid shows promise. He knows how to block the lane and fight through a double team. Things are looking up at Mizzou.