OT SPUMAC: And the hits just keep on comin'

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Deadspin: Police report: Victim felt pressured not to press charges against Mizzou WR Dorial Green-Beckham. http://t.co/KfMYeWU9e4

And they kicked Price off the basketball team.

That is seriously a messed up program they're running over there. I would imagine that even if you liked Mizzou for some reason that it's getting pretty hard to keep supporting them.

I saw this post of his this morning and about fell out of my chair.

http://tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=11759027

What Bernie's criticism of college basketball has to do with SLU is beyond me. You'll notice that most of the Tiger posters in that thread pointed out how Bernie's comments have nothing to do with SLU, but the MUTGRs of the world just don't get it.

Now MUTGR is interjecting the SLU situation into a DGB discussion, saying what went on here was far worse. He continues to try to find ways to take shots at SLU to make himself feel better about all the crap going on at SPUMAC. Haha! He will never show his face around here again. Even his guardian angel (the SLU/Mizzou) mod will not be able to protect him any more.

Now MUTGR is interjecting the SLU situation into a DGB discussion, saying what went on here was far worse. He continues to try to find ways to take shots at SLU to make himself feel better about all the crap going on at SPUMAC. Haha! He will never show his face around here again. Even his guardian angel (the SLU/Mizzou) mod will not be able to protect him any more.

I just introduced myself to him over there.

That is seriously a messed up program they're running over there. I would imagine that even if you liked Mizzou for some reason that it's getting pretty hard to keep supporting them.

Not really for football. With the number of players and taking into account their backgrounds, I think most BCS football programs have players that make bad decisions away from the field that brings some level of embarrassment to the program. Look at the situation at Vandy last summer, I doubt many people truly question James Franklin's character or their athletic program based on one fairly graphic incident. I am a Mizzou fan and I think very highly of Pinkel and the football program and this does not change that opinion much. DGB is a bad apple and a troubled kid, but I trust Pinkel will make the right decision with regards to disciplining him. For those that follow the program, Pinkel has done a nice job of building a program and is consistently complimented by his players and recruits for fostering a family atmosphere and being a man of character. His former players speak very highly of him and the program. Obviously this cannot be said for every player that has played for him, but for the most part I think he runs a good program that the fans can be proud of. I do think this DGB situation (assuming the reports are close to accurate which I assume) goes beyond "college kids behaving badly," but I don't question that Pinkel will handle it.

Haith on the other hand is a shady character based on his time at Miami and has not shown me anything to believe he deserves the benefit of the doubt. I do not know enough about guys he has recruited and graduated since none have done that on his watch at Mizzou, but I don't see him really developing men of character at this point. I am completely over Haith and his program at this point. I will say he inherited some good kids both on and off the court though, but outside of one kid (Jonathan Williams III), the kids he has brought in do not seem like kids you can be proud of when the team is not having success which seems likely to be the case as long as he is at Mizzou.

That guy scares me, seriously. He used to post on here and I'm pretty sure he has a law degree from SLU.

His obsession with SLU is non-stop. He see's SLU everywhere even when people just make comments about how they don't want to watch the national championship game http://tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=11759027

That guy scares me, seriously. He used to post on here and I'm pretty sure he has a law degree from SLU.

His obsession with SLU is non-stop. He see's SLU everywhere even when people just make comments about how they don't want to watch the national championship game http://tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=11759027

He can't get enough.

I would bet the the feds will start or have already started taking a hard look at Mizzou's athletic department. The lack of charges, lack of real investigations, and delay in charges/school discipline against athletes in cases involving violence against women attracts the feds attention. This has been a pattern at Mizzou even before Dixon's multiple incidents.

we need a large team of four on the case.

da dog. da big bad dawwwwwwwggggg. captain hindsight. and the hardly boys. there's lots of RAGING clues at SPUMAC right now.

dog_copy.png13779265465_39fd5a6bef_n.jpg13779265105_4f087386fc.jpg

My corrected Wikipedia page for Mizzery (corrections are italicized). You could make a pretty good mad lib with this.

The University of Mi$$ouri (Mizzery, Boone County Correctional Facility, or simply SPUMAC) is a public correctional facility located in the state of Missouri. In 1839 the correctional facility was founded in Columbia, Missouri as the first public institution of juvenile delinquency west of the Mississippi River. The largest correctional facility in Missouri, MU enrolls 34,616 inmates[2] in 20 different facilities in the 2013–14 year. The university is the flagship of the Missouri Correctional Facilities which house inmates in Rolla, Kansas City, and St Louis. SPUMAC is one of the nation's top-tier correctional facilities, and one of 34 public prisons to be members of the Association of American Prisons and the only one in Missouri. There are more than 270,000 former Boone County Correctional Facility inmates living worldwide, with almost one half continuing to reside in Missouri.[2] SPUMAC was ranked 97th in the 2014 U.S. News and World Report among the national prisons, steady from the previous year.

Hypothetical. Would you rather get to the National Championship game and lose to Mizzou or miss the Tourney? Completely hypothetical as we all know that that Mizzou is more likely to have a month where nobody gets arrested than to even win a game in the Tournament.

Miss the tourney. And it's not even close for me.

Bowls in 6 of the last 7 seasons, 3 division titles, 2 top 10 finishes, 9.3 wins were year over the last 7 yrs, and many 1st rd picks. They are a football school.

Well, they're sure acting the part of a $EC school. I wonder if they give out a trophy for most arrests.

We need Steve Einspanier's take on this.

Well, not really, but it would be comical.

This Einspanier guy is a real tool.

For anyone who is interested it is not difficult to get Mr. Einspanier's address via the St. Louis County Department of Revenue real estate look-up page. Einspanier is not a very common last name. Perhaps some Billiken fans should "sound off" with letters to him.

Mizzou football fans think DGB is getting a bad rap because of how the media handled us 4 years ago.

Silly Truman.

Is this based on what you have read on Tigerboard? Tigerboard is full of idiots and likely not representative of the opinions of the entire fan base. I would seriously doubt many Mizzou fans think DGB is getting a bad rap and I would also doubt many fans are even remotely concerned about what happened at SLU four years ago.

Bowls in 6 of the last 7 seasons, 3 division titles, 2 top 10 finishes, 9.3 wins were year over the last 7 yrs, and many 1st rd picks. They are a football school.

Bowls in 6 of the last 7 years.... really? You have to really try hard NOT to make a bowl game. Heck, I expect us to get a Bowl invite one of these years..

Well, they're sure acting the part of a $EC school. I wonder if they give out a trophy for most arrests.

There is actually a site that tracks arrests by program and I think it is called the Fulmer Cup. I would imagine the recent incidents put Mizzou near the top.

Is this based on what you have read on Tigerboard? Tigerboard is full of idiots and likely not representative of the opinions of the entire fan base. I would seriously doubt many Mizzou fans think DGB is getting a bad rap and I would also doubt many fans are even remotely concerned about what happened at SLU four years ago.

It's from a former poster here on Tigerboard bringing it up. I would hope that it isn't the whole fanbase.