So, we're getting a new President tomorrow

I've owned and worn out 2 of them.

Those aren't New Era caps though.

We need a return to the old style Billiken, tilted crown over one ear. I disliked this cartoonish grinch like billiken from the beginning.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a return to the old style Billiken, tilted crown over one ear. I disliked this cartoonish grinch like billiken from the beginning.

Ahh you're right, they are Zephyr. Really great hats though.

I also agree with the second part. At least bring it back as an ALT logo.

Can you get those hats from the bookstore? Mine that I bought in law school has seen better days.

Lids always has them. Mine is 5 years old and still going strong.

Maybe it's because I've only been a BIlls fans during the current Billiken incarnation, but I don't have any problem with the current logo. You call the current logo cartoonish, but the older ones were even more so. People here don't think the current logo is "fierce" enough, when I don't think any of the logos have been what I would consider fierce. Which is fine, because the Billiken isn't a warrior or something. It's a freakin good luck charm.

But, yeah, let's get some retro designs out there. Retro stuff can be really well done, and I do like the old logos

• 1 month later...

I think we always knew he was coming back but in what capacity? - I would be shocked if he had any real authority and if he started getting intrusive then I would think they would show him the door. The last thing they need is another dust up.

Ahh you're right, they are Zephyr. Really great hats though.

I also agree with the second part. At least bring it back as an ALT logo.

I have a new era billiken. One is a black with blue bill, and the SLU logo. My friend has a blue billiken new era hat with the billiken logo on the front. They're there. Try lids.com

I heard some other time about a rebrand as well

This has been an ongoing endeavor with significant faculty involvement. It is not as easy as it may seem.

One of the best days EVER was the cold day the Bills played VCU at the Fetz! My bro was in town, We got to campus really early went to the bookstore, bought new NEW ERA hats with the Billiken on the front and SLU on the back. We went to the Triumph Grill for a few beers (Wingnut F-yeah) before thegame. Over an hour before game time, my bro nearly shiite egg roll to see SLU students getting riled up walking around in the cold.

When we beat VCU the place went nuts.......then we hung around midtown till Blackthorn pub opened, grabbed a big ass Chicago style and ate cheese till we were sick.

GOTDAMN THEATWAS A GOOD DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care if they offer SLU gear in alternate colors as long as there is Blue and White. I'm anti-menacing Billiken logo. If you want to make it look more menacing perhaps a full bodied Billiken holding a Colt .45 or a flail. I'd buy that T-shirt or hat.

I don't care if they offer SLU gear in alternate colors as long as there is Blue and White. I'm anti-menacing Billiken logo. If you want to make it look more menacing perhaps a full bodied Billiken holding a Colt .45 or a flail. I'd buy that T-shirt or hat.

I'd buy a Tshirt of the Billiken kicking a hooker down a fire escape. Or a Billiken snorting Cheetos with Chester.

actually, there is no guarantee that Fr. B will return, in any capacity, to SLU, for several reasons. From faculty senate exec. comm.:

President-elect Fred Pestello has reiterated to the Faculty Senate Executive Committee the past statements of Interim President Kauffman and Board of Trustees Chairman Adorjan that a continuing role in the affairs of Saint Louis University, if any, for President Emeritus Biondi is a matter to be decided by incoming President Pestello after he arrives on campus. The Faculty Senate Executive Committee has shared the views of faculty on this matter with incoming President Pestello. We have full confidence that Dr. Pestello will carefully consider those views, consult further with the Senate, and take such action as he deems necessary in the best interests of Saint Louis University. We further believe that, to make an informed and prudent judgment on this delicate matter, Dr. Pestello must be given the benefit of a respectful exchange of views in an environment of collegiality and presumptive trust.
Also: the provincial leadership of the Jesuits may have some ideas about this too. Stay tuned . . . . . .

I'd buy a Tshirt of the Billiken kicking a hooker down a fire escape. Or a Billiken snorting Cheetos with Chester.

The Cheetos one is pretty epic. I'd buy it.

actually, there is no guarantee that Fr. B will return, in any capacity, to SLU, for several reasons. From faculty senate exec. comm.:

President-elect Fred Pestello has reiterated to the Faculty Senate Executive Committee the past statements of Interim President Kauffman and Board of Trustees Chairman Adorjan that a continuing role in the affairs of Saint Louis University, if any, for President Emeritus Biondi is a matter to be decided by incoming President Pestello after he arrives on campus. The Faculty Senate Executive Committee has shared the views of faculty on this matter with incoming President Pestello. We have full confidence that Dr. Pestello will carefully consider those views, consult further with the Senate, and take such action as he deems necessary in the best interests of Saint Louis University. We further believe that, to make an informed and prudent judgment on this delicate matter, Dr. Pestello must be given the benefit of a respectful exchange of views in an environment of collegiality and presumptive trust.
Also: the provincial leadership of the Jesuits may have some ideas about this too. Stay tuned . . . . . .

Well if the Jesuits have a plan then fine but honestly regardless of his poor behavior he still needs to be treated respectfully or else you (not you personally) are no different then he was at times. I figured he could come back and be responsible for the 200 year celebration with all plans being approved by the new president and the board. I can in no way see him ever having any position of credibility/authority again at SLU.

• 1 month later...