Seriously...50/50

SLU_Nick

Let me just say starting off that I think this group of Seniors is going to pull it together and play with urgency in the tournament. I know that the results of the past month on paper look like we are in a tail spin, but I am cautiously optimistic that we will have a good showing in the tournament. I think these Seniors were looking forward to the tournament ever since we hit the top 10 ranking.

Dukes - We were not focused coming off of top 10 ranking

VCU - They are impossible to beat at home

Dayton - Jett/Evans nursing injuries combined with Dayton knowing it was their only shot for an NCAA berth so they played like it was the Superbowl

St Bs - Not really seeing the urgency in winning this one either.

I know that we can say that our guys have character and that it is inexcusable to take nights off, but these are still young kids and frankly all that matters at this point is what happens in NCAAs.

This is where we pull out all the stops. If Crews doesnt call TOs for long periods of time now, then that is just bad coaching. The whole, "let them gain character by having them play through adversity" does not work on the final exam.

Our guys have too much character to for one and done in the tournament their senior year.

I know Lunardi says it looks like a 7, but I think an 8 is going to be it. No one is looking to give SLU any breaks and there is just too many glaring reasons why some blowhard in the committee room can throw water on SLUs resume.

As fans, I think we (me included) have become a little spoiled with these 3 back to back berths. We need to once again, sit back and enjoy the ride of being in the big dance.

Go Bills. Defend and Rebound. Oh... And please Defend like we used to. Good showing in the tourney? Id say it;s 50/50

Good job Nick, your glass is half full. I am not so much questioning our guys hearts and desires but rather believe that a whole season goes a longway to identifying a team's weaknesses and ours have been exposed. There seems to be a prescription for success against us ----- get Evans in foul trouble, beat Evans/Jett up, play a zone defense, push the ball, make us take outside shots, dare Jett to shoot anything but a layup, force Jett right, make us employ a weak bench,etc. ---- and most folks now know it.

I think IF we can get past our first game, the second might actually be easier as the next team won't have too much time to prepare for us.

Whether our weakness is exposed or not, the opposing team still has to execute their game plan against us to win, and more times than not this season our opponents have been unable to do so. All of our losses in the last month have been to teams we had been playing the second time around, so the familiarity was definitely there and it played a huge factor. In the tourney, it's a clean slate. The only thing you have on your opponent (in most cases) is film. That's what makes the tournament so great.. I like our chances. Go Bills.

What's done is done, we're in the tourney. Time to flip the page on the disappointing last couple of weeks. We know this team can play ball (eg WSU, St. Joes). We were sharp in the first half against SBU.

I still like our chances against most teams. Hoping and eerily confident that we'll see a 2nd weekend in the dance. MM has his fire back. JJ will get healthy. DE will be a quiet assassin. Rob will stay out of foul trouble and be a factor.

My thoughts are this group is a bunch of serious over achievers that has lost a little focus down the stretch. We've known all year the way to defend us is to throw up a zone. Still, we won a ton of games pretty much based on our playing solid D. That D's only shown up once in the last 5 games, UMass. Granted, some weariness and nagging injuries contributed to the decline.

Still, we are not as talented thru our first 9 players as other teams. But experience and smarts can, and have, negated that shortcoming thru most of the season. And these two factors can carry a team in the dance, but we need two players in particular to up their level of play this week; RL and TL. RL has to get back to where he was in Feb. W/o looking at the stats, for some reason he's not been much of a factor from the arc. If we're going to be slapped w/ zones, we'll need outside shooters, so why not have your 6'11 guy stroking it over shorter players. This could also open things up for DE on the inside. As for TL, am hoping those 2 threes he hit on Friday will give him the confidence to play a CE type role. Mc3 finding his shot again would be very helpful as well. Couple this with getting back to being stingy on D and taking care of the rock, a recent problem as well, we still could make some noise.