SLU on the Today Show this Friday

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a heads up, the band and cheerleaders will be getting some TV time on Friday morning in New York. I think VCU did this last year. Either way, this is pretty awesome for SLU.

-excellent, get The Billiken more national exposure!!! (guessing The Billiken will be there)

Wait! They've got a game that day at 11am! I certainly hope they arent live on the Today Show when they have a game that same day. Focus, man! This is the conference friggin tournament.

mhg

Not sure if serious....

1261018d1382638306-whats-best-starter-wa

The OP said the Billiken, the band and the cheerleaders will be on the show. Are you worried a trumpet player might hit a wrong note?

Wait! They've got a game that day at 11am! I certainly hope they arent live on the Today Show when they have a game that same day. Focus, man! This is the conference friggin tournament.

mhg

It's just the cheerleaders, band, and mascot. Team won't be there.

Maybe Al Roker will ask what a Billiken is... We need the world to know

I wouldn't be surprised. That is exactly the kind of 'hard news' the Today Show is known for.

Wait! They've got a game that day at 11am!

The game is at 12 noon in Brooklyn. The show is live in the East from 7am - 9 am. That gives them 3 hours to get to the arena.

I heard the Billiken will be replacing Roker while he is in surgery for adjustment to his lap band. It's just temporary but I think it's great exposure for the School.

Will they be on with Savannah Guthrie and Natalie Morales (meow) or Hoda and Kathie Lee (ugh)? I just want to be mentally prepared.

I'm a Hoda KLG fan. Anyway, I told you Billiken filling in for Roker. Billikens are known for their weather predicting capabilities.

I doubt we will be "on" the Today show but rather holding signs outside in Times Square among the crowd

They don't announce bystanders or onlookers. I expect the Today Show will showcase the Billiken and make him a national celebrity. The band and cheerleaders will probably get the stage outside, while Billy does the NCAA Championship shuffle.

Anybody can be made to look bad if you manipulate the lighting, angles, and of coulse hair style - give her break.

yeah, and anyone can look bad if you smash them in the face with a tennis racket for five minutes, non-stop. that chick looks fuoking BEAT.