Top 25 Polls 3/3/14

Not the biggest drop of the week, so there's that.

That's amazing to me. Losses don't come much worse than Duquesne at home. VCU is a good team and it was on the road, but that can't help much considering it was a loss too.

Seems like the Bills are very fortunate to be where they are right now. Now I'm curious how big a jump would be possible if we win the next five (including A-10 tourney wins over VCU and Saint Joe's). Maybe even close to the top 10 again...

We were extremely lucky that a whole host of teams beneath us lost. This seems to be one of the most competitive years I can recall. Right now it seems there are very few teams dominating save for WSU, FL with UNC and Mich showing late season strength.

I told you all that you didn't have to worry about your ranking. I fully expected 17-18 for SLU.No way you were dropping to 19-20 after a fluke loss and playing us at our place. You've got respect from the pollsters that is well earned. What's really great about this whole thing is the A10 has 3 teams solidly in the top 20 RPI and 5 for sure in the Dance. We'll get in there with you next week. Can't wait for the A10 tourney. Now go take care of those Dayton pretenders.I don't care if they'd be the potential 6th in. Smack em down. Hope the refs aren't swayed by the potential of having 6 A10 teams in. Then you'll have to beat the refs too. I'm sure you can handle it. We'll finish off the Ticks like the ugly little bugs they are. .

That's amazing to me. Losses don't come much worse than Duquesne at home. VCU is a good team and it was on the road, but that can't help much considering it was a loss too.

Seems like the Bills are very fortunate to be where they are right now. Now I'm curious how big a jump would be possible if we win the next five (including A-10 tourney wins over VCU and Saint Joe's). Maybe even close to the top 10 again...

If we win out we will regain all the lost ground and then some....ie our highest point of the season. That is because all of the remaining teams are B+ or better...we can make up a lot of ground quickly. I don't how that will translate into a subjective voting poll....only some of the voters look at the numbers.

I agree the Duq loss was a damaging loss....the numbers were down over 1 percent...to translate that ...imagine the stock market being down 170 pts in a day....the VCU loss while not unexpected was somewhat damaging because of the margin of loss....over 4/10%...equivalent to a 70 pt loss in the market.

Bottomline ...we took a pretty good hit the last week and are still in 1st and still 17th in the nation (AP)...not bad. And because we have tough opponents the rest of the way, if we beat them some of the voters and the NCAA seeding committee will take notice. A 5 game winning streak would put us at the high point of the season.

As I pointed out in another post...our basic numbers in the VCU game improved....a sign that we may be coming out of the funk. There is no reason we shouldn't be able to take 5.