Dayton at St. Joseph's 02/25 on CBS Sports Network

Taj79

.... tonight at 7:00 pm EST/6:00 pm Central. Should be of interest to us in a few ways. Dare I say "Go, Dayton Flyers?" (Which is a simple edit from my usual cheer for them ("Go HOME, Dayton Flyers!"))

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know who I'm going to call for in this one.

While it would be nice for St. Joes to lose and guarantee us the championship with a win on Thursday, I really have no concerns whatsoever that we will win the outright championship this year. So for me it comes down to which team winning will lead to more A-10 NCAA tourney teams.

St. Joes is currently an 11 seed in Lunardi's bracketology while Dayton is in the first 4 out. Dayton has a monster schedule down the stretch and even with a win over St. joes I don't see them getting enough wins to get over the hump. St. Joes' schedule isn't a cakewalk but is more manageable.

In the end, I guess I prefer the certainty of St. Joes winning and solidifying their bid over the hope that Dayton continues to win down the stretch. Go Hawks.

I just don't see Dayton winning most of their remaining games and agree with Shoe. Probably better for the conference if St. Joe's wins but personally, I prefer Dayton.

BTW, speaking of Dayton, what time is our game against Dayton on March 5th. Afternoon game or 7 pm game? Looking forward to that game!!

I just don't see Dayton winning most of their remaining games and agree with Shoe. Probably better for the conference if St. Joe's wins but personally, I prefer Dayton.

BTW, speaking of Dayton, what time is our game against Dayton on March 5th. Afternoon game or 7 pm game? Looking forward to that game!!

An afternoon game on Wednesday March 5th would be weird. Game time is 8 PM and its senior night.

I don't know who I'm going to call for in this one.

While it would be nice for St. Joes to lose and guarantee us the championship with a win on Thursday, I really have no concerns whatsoever that we will win the outright championship this year. So for me it comes down to which team winning will lead to more A-10 NCAA tourney teams.

St. Joes is currently an 11 seed in Lunardi's bracketology while Dayton is in the first 4 out. Dayton has a monster schedule down the stretch and even with a win over St. joes I don't see them getting enough wins to get over the hump. St. Joes' schedule isn't a cakewalk but is more manageable.

In the end, I guess I prefer the certainty of St. Joes winning and solidifying their bid over the hope that Dayton continues to win down the stretch. Go Hawks.

Totally agree. The conference championship is all but locked up. The first round bye is locked up. The Bills will take care of their business the next couple weeks.

Since there is no light at the end of the A10 tunnel for SLU at this point, the A10 needs all the bids they can find.

It really is crazy to think that the A-10 could get 6 teams in the tournament after the NBE poaching. At times I've been frustrated that we haven't blown some conference opponents out (we really should have beat GW by 20), but the A-10 is a dang good conference and we're undefeated in conference play. Sometimes I need to remind myself of how impressive that is.

Not looking good. Dayton laying down like a lizard in the sun. Geez 67% shooting and 80% from 3 land for St Joes. It's over. And, Galloway hasn't even put his pedal to the metal yet. Bumma. Sucks...thought Dayton would at least show up. Under 30% from the field. At this rate, they can take Galloway out and let him watch the carnage and get good rest.

Kind of reminds me of the VCU-SLU first half blood bath at the 'Fetz last season.

Dude, what's up with you? Do you just look for trouble? Talk schnit if you manage to win at the Stu Saturday. Then we'll all be believers. Oh, and Majerus is RIP. You need to change your screen name.

Dude, what's up with you? Do you just look for trouble? Talk schnit if you manage to win at the Stu Saturday. Then we'll all be believers. Oh, and Majerus is RIP. You need to change your screen name.

I am starting to see why he was banned from the vcu board.

Mudkat, it is a SLU board. And the comparison is not far off. Slu was up 17 at the half that game, and up 26 at the 5 min mark in the 2nd half. Not a bad comp.

That was a great game for SLU. Gave us a bunch of confidence. Maybe you'll win on Saturday, but you will definitely have lost both games last year and the first game this year. Chin up, buckaroo.

I am starting to see why he was banned from the vcu board.

What, this yahoo tries to get me into a message board fiasco and you guys pile on? I've been respectful here and never name-called anyone. I guess I have to continue my ingore list. Sucks, but too many people talking with nothing to really say.

What, this yahoo tries to get me into a message board fiasco and you guys pile on? I've been respectful here and never name-called anyone. I guess I have to continue my ingore list. Sucks, but too many people talking with nothing to really say.

I would argue that telling a poster of another team's board to change their screen name, because its been 14 months since the death of the namesake, is disrespectful.