Top 25

BilliKat

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Billykitty -- you got four posts in this thread. You care.

I thought we'd get #9. Never saw Creighton jumping us especially as they beat tough Seton hall at home by 1. Must've been the Douggie-bonce. I kind of expected Lousiville as Cincy is a hard place and the Cats beat them in L-ville. W/o Kilpatrick, Cincinnati is nothing. Kind of like Temple and Wyatt last year.

Well, it's still "our top ten ranked Billikens." Live it up for another week. But if aloss comes, we will drop at least the seven or spots San Diego State did. Watch.

Saturday is a big day for the top 10:

#1. Florida at home vs LSU

#2.Wichita St at home vs MO State (went to OT last time these two met)

#4. Syracuse @ #12 Virginia

#5. Kansas @ OK State

#7 Louisville @ #21 Memphis

#9 Creighton @ Xavier

#10 SLU @ VCU

Several of these teams could very well lose. Let's make sure we're not one of them.

Looking ahead this week, there are some tough road games for some in the Top 25 which could really shuffle the deck. Syracuse @ UVa; Kansas @ Ok. State; Louisville @Memphis; Creighton @ Xavier; SLU @ VCU; Cincinnati @ UConn; Iowa State @ Kansas St.; UNC @ NC St; Iowa and Ohio State each have two road games

The AP continues the ludicrous kissing of Doug McDermott's *** this season.

Yeah, God forbid the media would talk a lot about the best player in the country (and it's really not very close). We didn't exactly help ourselves. That big 'OT' next to our win @GM looks bad. Definitely dilutes our resume from last week.

It's a Doug McDermott bounce. No doubt about it. Creighton and SLU are very comparable, probably a toss up, but they get the national attention because they have the presumed POY, and hence, the slightly higher ranking.

As long as we are Top 10, I'm not concerned about 9 v 10.

Yeah, God forbid the media would talk a lot about the best player in the country (and it's really not very close). We didn't exactly help ourselves. That big 'OT' next to our win @GM looks bad. Definitely dilutes our resume from last week.

Creighton didn't do enough to jump us. They didn't beat anybody as good as GW last week. And a 1-point win at home over Steon Hall is every bit as unimpressive as an OT road win against Mason... maybe even worse if we are judging style points.

Creighton didn't do enough to jump us. They didn't beat anybody as good as GW last week. And a 1-point win at home over Steon Hall is every bit as unimpressive as an OT road win against Mason... maybe even worse if we are judging style points.

People can look and say, "Wow, SLU needed OT to beat George Mason?" Creighton didn't need it. We haven't exactly had many convincing games in the last couple weeks.

We haven't beaten anyone as good as Nova twice. The only reason they didn't jump us last week is that the Nova game was Sunday night and many voters filled out their ballot before the game was over.

Creighton jumping SLU is ludicrous.

Creighton won yesterday 72-71 at home over also ran Seton Hall (RPI 122), and was very lucky to win that game. If Creighton had been playing a better team, one that knew how to finish a game, Creighton would have lost that game, no question. Creighton missed 5 of 6 Free Throws in the last 3 minutes.

What this shows is the ceiling that SLU faces. SLU is in a situation that (merely) winning games is evidently not good enough. Creighton's home court win yesterday over Seton Hall is not nearly as impressive a win to an objective lens as SLU's win over George Washington (RPI 32). And let us not forget that George Washington defeated Creighton this season on a neutral floor. GW has a good chance at being in the NCAA Tournament; Seton Hall will be nowhere near the NCAA Tournament.

As for Butler, 2-13 in the Big East. I predicted Butler would be a Big East doormat/bottom feeder, but even I didn't think it would be this bad. Oh I know, Butler has lost all those close games. And so has George Mason in the A10.

Do you see the double standard here? Two crystal clear examples are given above in this post.

We haven't beaten anyone as good as Nova twice. The only reason they didn't jump us last week is that the Nova game was Sunday night and many voters filled out their ballot before the game was over.

True and you could be right about the timing of last week's vote, but we haven't lost to teams as bad as Providence and St. John's and they lost to GW, who we just beat.

You have to think at win at VCU could move us up a few spots (depending on what Crieighton, LVille, Duke, KU do) but a loss could be terrible to our ranking (see SDSU).. Seems like we have everything to lose at this point until the voters finally see the A10 as a good conference

Gonna be tough to win at VCU especially with nothing riding on the game for us except our national rankings....A10 seeding in the bag. Unless our FT shooting turns around, VCU might take this one.

Gonna be tough to win at VCU especially with nothing riding on the game for us except our national rankings....A10 seeding in the bag. Unless our FT shooting turns around, VCU might take this one.

ok Westy.

Fieldhouse for the game, Bean said he will crush you for that comment.

Let's not fall into these BC$/Power 6 shills' traps. Re these claims that SLU hasn't played anybody, hasn't beaten anybody in the Non-Conference, hasn't beaten a Top 10, yada, yada, yada ...

Isn't this a chicken and egg thing?

You can't beat them if they won't play you. It takes 2 to tango.

Had SLU won that game against Wichita State, would Wichita State even be in the Top 10? We'd still be hearing the same old rubbish.

Creighton jumping SLU is ludicrous.

Creighton won yesterday 72-71 at home over also ran Seton Hall (RPI 122), and was very lucky to win that game. If Creighton had been playing a better team, one that knew how to finish a game, Creighton would have lost that game, no question. Creighton missed 5 of 6 Free Throws in the last 3 minutes.

What this shows is the ceiling that SLU faces. SLU is in a situation that (merely) winning games is evidently not good enough. Creighton's home court win yesterday over Seton Hall is not nearly as impressive a win to an objective lens as SLU's win over George Washington (RPI 32). And let us not forget that George Washington defeated Creighton this season on a neutral floor. GW has a good chance at being in the NCAA Tournament; Seton Hall will be nowhere near the NCAA Tournament.

As for Butler, 2-13 in the Big East. I predicted Butler would be a Big East doormat/bottom feeder, but even I didn't think it would be this bad. Oh I know, Butler has lost all those close games. And so has George Mason in the A10.

Do you see the double standard here? Two crystal clear examples are given above in this post.

Don't think CU got a Doogie boost as much as a conference boost. The voters perceive the Beast as a major and better than the A-10. The Beasts cache did it more than anything else. And for whomever said SDS 2 losses were the reason for the 7 place drop, I disagree. They drooped 2 spots after their first loss, but a whole lot after their second. Compare that to Cuse who dropped just 3 spots after a 2 loss week, and one of the losses was at home to the last place team in their conference. We have a similar type week coming up, and I'd just about guarantee if we pull a Cuse this week, we'll likely drop into the 20s or out altogether. There's a BCS + New Beast bias in these things.

I am happy we stayed in the Top 10. Big psychological effect there, and I am afraid we may not see it again (I am not optimistic about going to VCU).

For those grumbling about Creighton's one point win...Please note we were taken to overtime by George Mason this week.