StLToday.com

SluSignGuy

Attendance is up this year. I still think the marketing department has deficiencies but the Post is simply using the lack of sellouts narrative as a way to justify its piss poor coverage.

Man, I'm on a hate rampage towards the Post today.

Very good point. Bernie is hanging his hat on an excuse that is not even factual. Again, this should enlighten people as to the reality of what is going on at the Post.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We wouldn't have any trouble selling out the arena on a regular basis if you didn't have to walk six damn blocks from where you park to the Arena.

Yeah, that lot RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET is so darn far. Obviously geography wasn't your strong point.

I thought the six-blocks-away it was a well-established running gag on this forum. I guess I was wrong, but I can't be the only one who remembers people joking about it (after someone said it seriously).

Well, given the source....

Man, what's with all the hostility? It was an obvious joke.

I felt like the specific number of "six blocks" would maybe be a tell, even for people who aren't familiar with the origins of the gag. Not the most original or even funny one, but since when are those prerequisites for online forum humor, right?

I got the joke, too. And our current BillikenLaw is not the Marquette fan Billiken_Law we used to hear from a lot. When SLU joins the Big East, he might reappear.

Ah, that is interesting. Wish I had known that. The "other" Billiken_Law was not exactly a pro-SLU person.

Per an email from the PD editors, the following was explained to me:

One glitch we did discover just last week … on our main STLtoday.com home page (different from STLtoday.com/sports) we found that in the area that houses our Sports headlines our SLU headlines were sliding out of that area as newer/fresher stuff automated in. Our online staff went to work on that and, I believe, they have identified and fixed the problem.

A good game for sure, especially regionally, but not marquee. Particularly not for non-diehards.

This is what drives me nuts about the MVC A10 debate. I hear people call into sports talk a lot and they say "nobody cares about the A10 if they were in the MVC more people would come."

Then SLU schedules MVC schools in the non con and they still dont show.

I heard one idiot talk about how the MVC has great teams like MO state, SIUC, and Bradley. Really?!? these are the teams people are dying to see? Bradley? Come on now.

This is what drives me nuts about the MVC A10 debate. I hear people call into sports talk a lot and they say "nobody cares about the A10 if they were in the MVC more people would come."

Then SLU schedules MVC schools in the non con and they still dont show.

I heard one idiot talk about how the MVC has great teams like MO state, SIUC, and Bradley. Really?!? these are the teams people are dying to see? Bradley? Come on now.

-here we go....