OT Marcus Smart loses it

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guaranteed the fan used a racial slur cuz he turned around and went straight to him. Who is the thug in that situation? The kid playing on a full scholarship trying to make best of his life or the over zealous adult fan who comes to the game to antagonize the young man in support of his team. I bet he forgot that there might be possibility the kid strikes back if cornered....we'll there you have it.

The TTU fan clearly said something to Smart that led to the shoving. If you watch the video, Smart was down on the ground, facing the court. Suddenly he got and turn around in the direction of the fan. The fan then said something to Smart, and Smart shoved him. Smart also continued to point to the fan and seemed to be pleading his case to the ref and basically anyone who came near him.

I don't care what the fan may have said to the kid, without him physically abusing the kid Smart had ABSOLUTELY no business touching the man. Smart just made the biggest mistake of his career and with him gone for a couple of games it'll be tough for OSU to make the dance. Idiot. And while he may not be classy, either now or in the past, he's just a fan and as a Division 1 collegiate athlete you have to be able to ignore the crowd and not retaliate in any way, shape, or form. What happens in the NBA when Marcus has more free time on his hands and even more fans to deal with? Is he gonna pick fist fights with every fan who taunts him? Childish, irresponsible, and downright embarrassing.

I find it funny that everyone is freaking out that something racist was said by being racist themselves and judging that the dude called him the N word because he is an old white guy.

Ironic.

I dont think the dude said anything close to the N word. I would expect a much different reaction from the other fans in the area if he was throwing out the N word, even if it was just a glance back at the fan, but there was nothing of the sort from anyone around him.

FYI: I have heard that the dude said "sit down b i t c h" to Smart. Hardly the N word like everyone wants to make it.

I don't care what the fan may have said to the kid, without him physically abusing the kid Smart had ABSOLUTELY no business touching the man. Smart just made the biggest mistake of his career and with him gone for a couple of games it'll be tough for OSU to make the dance. Idiot. And while he may not be classy, either now or in the past, he's just a fan and as a Division 1 collegiate athlete you have to be able to ignore the crowd and not retaliate in any way, shape, or form. What happens in the NBA when Marcus has more free time on his hands and even more fans to deal with? Is he gonna pick fist fights with every fan who taunts him? Childish, irresponsible, and downright embarrassing.

Glad you're holding a 20 year old to a higher standard than a 50 year old. Both wrong. Both made a mistake. Marcus and the fan both need to learn from this.

I find it funny that everyone is freaking out that something racist was said by being racist themselves and judging that the dude called him the N word because he is an old white guy.

Ironic.

I dont think the dude said anything close to the N word. I would expect a much different reaction from the other fans in the area if he was throwing out the N word, even if it was just a glance back at the fan, but there was nothing of the sort from anyone around him.

FYI: I have heard that the dude said "sit down b i t c h" to Smart. Hardly the N word like everyone wants to make it.

Texas tech radio announcer said he heard marcus claiming the guy did use the n word as he was pleading his case while coming off the court.

I wouldn't try to guess what he actually said until we hear from marcus, the fan and others close to the situation as to what they heard. Obviously he said something he shouldn't have though.

No excuse for his actions, but I feel bad for him. He's having a nightmare season.

Yeah, because 17, 5, and 4 is a nightmare of a season. Get a grip. And anyone who actually believes that idiot didn't say something racial is a moron.

Oh, and add in the fact that he's still going to be a top 5 pick in the draft. SUCH a nightmare of a season.

It was a weak ass shove. A college basketball player should easily be able to topple a 50something heckler in that situation. I'd question his toughness.

Also the latest rumor is that the guy said "go back to Africa" which is also weak and uninformed heckling. Call his mother a ***** or something. The dude had it coming but Smart is a dipshit for doing that. That weak ass shove wasn't worth it.

Ironic.

I have no idea what the fan said to Smart but if he said what you posted then that is out of line. Should Smart have reacted - no but n my opinion both are guilty.

Ironic.

Up there for worst post of the year. Yea I'm being super racist judging the white trash who used any of the phrases mentioned in this thread to a 19-year old college kid playing a game. Yea, people here are freaking out... It's ironic. Sorry, take some context clues next time.