OT Marcus Smart loses it

I love you telling people to get a grip and in the same post dismiss any notion that perhaps the guy didn't say anything racist. No one knows what he said - yet.

I'll wager all of the monies he won't be a Top 5 pick.

And I would wager all of my monies he will be. He's way too talented not to be.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe my name calling wasn't fair, I'll accept that. I'm making my assumptions based on the whole situation and his behavior in the past. There was nothing racist about my assumption.

I am a white male, btw, but situations like this really piss me off. Our society has not come as far as we like to act. Situations like this and the Richard Sherman scenario show this.

The majority of us on this board could never be subjected to the type of words that Smart was likely told. And that's fact.

And the majority of us, myself included, would have probably tried to do much more than shove the guy. These kids take a lot of sh*t from fans. I probably wouldn't make it through a game before I went into the stands and started demanding PAYSTUBS.

And the majority of us, myself included, would have probably tried to do much more than shove the guy. These kids take a lot of sh*t from fans. I probably wouldn't make it through a game before I went into the stands and started demanding PAYSTUBS.

Exactly. Heck, I've pushed guys during pick-up basketball games after very little trash talking.

Obviously Smart shouldn't have pushed the guy, but I'm not going to paint him as the bad guy here.

You're right, nightmare season is probably extreme. But, I don't see him being a top 5 pick anymore.

His on court performance has bbeen fine but what is happening outside the actual game is hurting his stock.

He kicked over some chairs during a game a few weeks ago.

He has gotten a lot of heat for obvious flopping.

He took to twitter to blast officials.

He also has publicly questioned his teammates to the media.

He will still be a lottery pick but his antics may cost him a spot in the top 5.

And I would wager all of my monies he will be. He's way too talented not to be.

Chad Ford has him going sixth. I think he drops more. The guy just isn't mentally tough enough. This wasn't his first time losing it this year. It is becoming a pattern.

I hope we end up playing a Okie St in the tournament. They are not very good, poorly coached, and our defense would totally frustrate Smart.

I hope we end up playing a Okie St in the tournament. They are not very good, poorly coached, and our defense would totally frustrate Smart.

Smart might get so frustrated with JJ that he'd sucker punch him. JJ would just give him a smirk that said, "is that all you got?"

3 game suspension

Thats about right IMO.

The fan released a statement appologizing.

He said he regrets calling Smart "a piece of krap".

I have a hard time believing that is what set Smart off.

If that is all he said he needs to get some better material to be a true heckler, and Smart needs some anger management classes.

I would say there is about a 1% chance that all he did was call Smart a piece of crap. Does anyone know the rules as far as if he is an official booster and how that would affect any possible discipline for him? Saddens me to say that I'm expecting he'll just get a tsk tsk and continue being an asswipe

I would say there is about a 1% chance that all he did was call Smart a piece of crap. Does anyone know the rules as far as if he is an official booster and how that would affect any possible discipline for him? Saddens me to say that I'm expecting he'll just get a tsk tsk and continue being an asswipe

Based on what's being reported, I'd say neither Smart nor Orr should be disciplined in any way. A fan can be an asswipe and call someone a name if they want and Smart just pushed a man. Smart didn't knock his teeth out, knock him down, he didn't hit a woman, or kick a kid. Who cares. Let Smart play. Let Orr coontinue being an idiot at games.

With the way Smart's been reacting to things lately, why would anyone think the guy said anything more than that?

Because every player would hear things equal to or worse than "you're a piece of crap" throughout every game. It just doesn't add up.

And do you think when he was protesting to the refs and his coaches it was because he had been called a piece of crap?

Maybe it's just me but I think it's a little sad that we're 22-2 with a 16 game win streak coming off our 3rd straight sweep of Philly (2010, 2012, 2014) and the most popular thread of the day is about Marcus Smart. Who cares what the fan said? He's clearly a "piece of crap" himself.

Because every player would hear things equal to or worse than "you're a piece of crap" throughout every game. It just doesn't add up.

And do you think when he was protesting to the refs and his coaches it was because he had been called a piece of crap?

The kid has been having issues for weeks now. This isn't an isolated thing with him. I think any little comment could set him off.

Maybe it's just me but I think it's a little sad that we're 22-2 with a 16 game win streak coming off our 3rd straight sweep of Philly (2010, 2012, 2014) and the most popular thread of the day is about ###### Marcus Smart. Who cares what the fan said? He's clearly a "piece of crap" himself.

I don't think it's sad at all. Things like this never happen. I've liked the discussions we've had on this and I think it's a testament to how in tune to the sports world the boards posters are.

The kid has been having issues for weeks now. This isn't an isolated thing with him. I think any little comment could set him off.

Who knows, maybe any comment could have gotten him to push the guy (I don't think so, but that's a fair opinion), but I do not think he would've kept protesting about it if that's all that was said.

I don't know exactly why he was protesting to the refs/coaches, but based on what's been reported and the news conference, I'd say he was doing the same thing every basketball player has done at some time in the career....similar to when they hack the sh\t out of someone and say "it was all ball". Again, obviously I don't know for sure, this is just based on reports and the news conference.