OT Marcus Smart loses it

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 8h

NBA GM on Smart: 'His play & inability to lead his team to wins is affecting his stock. Not pushing some illiterate drunk redneck.'

We of course if you are white and from Texas you're a redneck. No racism in that comment....

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the clip JohnyJumpUp posted, I'm sure I heard, "Piece of crap," right as Marcus Smart collided with the camera. My suspicion is that it was premeditated on Smart's part, as surely Jeff Orr has a reputation among Big XII rivals. It might not have been what he said at the time of the incident, but his history.

In the clip JohnyJumpUp posted, I'm sure I heard, "Piece of crap," right as Marcus Smart collided with the camera. My suspicion is that it was premeditated on Smart's part, as surely Jeff Orr has a reputation among Big XII rivals. It might not have been what he said at the time of the incident, but his history.

Wow, I couldn't discern a thing from that clip and you're suggesting it's premeditated. wow. That's a pretty big accusation.

Perhaps young Marcus is a head case, got pissed, shoved a heckler, and made up a comment to try to save a little face?

Or maybe the guy said something really bad.

It would be nice if there were people that got paid to find these things out and report them.

Wow, I couldn't discern a thing from that clip and you're suggesting it's premeditated. wow. That's a pretty big accusation.

It's no bigger of an accusation as saying that Orr must have verbally abused him or used a racial slur to provoke Smart. (I'm not saying you said that.)

I'm saying Smart, and maybe some teammates, may have pondered what they might do to the loudmouth, if they were to get an opportunity. Falling into the stands gave him that opportunity, and in the emotion and heat of the moment, Smart's common sense didn't have time to overrule that "primal" urge. I admit it's all speculation that may have no basis in fact, and that's why I wrote, "My suspicion." I know it wouldn't stand up in court. But sometimes there is evidence the court throws out that still may be true, just the same.

It's no bigger of an accusation as saying that Orr must have verbally abused him or used a racial slur to provoke Smart. (I'm not saying you said that.)

I'm saying Smart, and maybe some teammates, may have pondered what they might do to the loudmouth, if they were to get an opportunity. Falling into the stands gave him that opportunity, and in the emotion and heat of the moment, Smart's common sense didn't have time to overrule that "primal" urge. I admit it's all speculation that may have no basis in fact, and that's why I wrote, "My suspicion." I know it wouldn't stand up in court. But sometimes there is evidence the court throws out that still may be true, just the same.

I actually think it is a bigger accusation. To say he premeditated it is much more damning than to say he is just a young adult who loses his cool too easily. It means he planned out this type of "attack" and has been planning to do something to this guy (without even addressing the co-conspirator issues you bring to the table too). I just don't think that is anywhere close to the truth.

I think a fan probably crossed the line with a kid that has a short fuse. Both in the wrong.

I actually think it is a bigger accusation. To say he premeditated it is much more damning than to say he is just a young adult who loses his cool too easily. It means he planned out this type of "attack" and has been planning to do something to this guy (without even addressing the co-conspirator issues you bring to the table too). I just don't think that is anywhere close to the truth.

I think a fan probably crossed the line with a kid that has a short fuse. Both in the wrong.

Come on! It's not like he really assaulted the guy! I think most people occasionally entertain thoughts of, "What I would do if..." Considering how often Big XII teams play at Texas Tech over the course of four years, hearing that loudmouth for all game when they're down on that end of the floor, shooting free throws, Orr has surely made quite an impression on rival teams -- especially considering that he also travels to Tech's away games (though he might not then have such conspicuous seats to get in the rival players' heads) -- and I don't think it's either implausible or unreasonable to think that there's been some lockerroom talk about him.

Again, most of the time, most of us will dismiss those harmful fantasies or daydreams, but in the heat of a moment....

Come on! It's not like he really assaulted the guy! I think most people occasionally entertain thoughts of, "What I would do if..." Considering how often Big XII teams play at Texas Tech over the course of four years, hearing that loudmouth for all game when they're down on that end of the floor, shooting free throws, Orr has surely made quite an impression on rival teams -- especially considering that he also travels to Tech's away games (though he might not then have such conspicuous seats to get in the rival players' heads) -- and I don't think it's either implausible or unreasonable to think that there's been some lockerroom talk about him.

Again, most of the time, most of us will dismiss those harmful fantasies or daydreams, but in the heat of a moment....

I think you are really reaching. Who knows if Smart realized who the guy was until way after the event. I suspect Smart is like many of us that when we are confronted, our adrenaline spikes through the roof and we aren't exactly clear-headed.

I think you are really reaching. Who knows if Smart realized who the guy was until way after the event. I suspect Smart is like many of us that when we are confronted, our adrenaline spikes through the roof and we aren't exactly clear-headed.

Well, it's not like Smart went after some random fan in the vicinity. He knew.

And the majority of us, myself included, would have probably tried to do much more than shove the guy. These kids take a lot of sh*t from fans. I probably wouldn't make it through a game before I went into the stands and started demanding PAYSTUBS.

I hear ya and dont diagree put part of Smarts's "job" is to learn to brush that stuff off.

I could do it and Smart did it for 50+ games. I dont blame him for getting up set but he made a huge mistake and it may end up costing him a few million dollars.

Most def.

If Smart goes Top 5 I'll be happy for him, btw. That'll mean he has rebounded from a rough stretch and finished strong.

Mos-Def-20812503-1-402.jpg

With the way Smart's been reacting to things lately, why would anyone think the guy said anything more than that?

something off the court is bothering that guy. He has been a TMZ regular the last three weeks and before that he was a model college athlete. Hopefully he gets things figured out because he is an exciting college player,