Bills @ Duquesne

b.hayes

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get off the ledge, Pistol- WE WON!!! It looks like the Fordham game on the results page. Good teams win even when part of their game is missing. Actually, Duquesne is just a bad matchup for us; 6-8 bigs who are bigger than our quick guys and quicker than our big guys. And they hit a great percentage from three, a lot of them on not bad defense.

Was afraid those 2 MM 3s to start the game were going to be for naught, until he added in that huge one in the 2nd half. Offense carried us for sure. RL and AM with some big, big shots. GG carried for DE in the first half. He never had a chance to get it going with the foul trouble. JM also looked pretty great in limited minutes on a couple fast-breaks. Take it all the way -- Duquense crushing their open looks almost won them the game, but their FT shooting late negated that.

Get off the ledge, Pistol- WE WON!!! It looks like the Fordham game on the results page. Good teams win even when part of their game is missing. Actually, Duquesne is just a bad matchup for us; 6-8 bigs who are bigger than our quick guys and quicker than our big guys. And they hit a great percentage from three, a lot of them on not bad defense.

Agree, their bigs getting around RL, GG, JM, whoever on their way to lay-ups was killing us.

I wrote that before McBroom's 3. Board was in performance mode or something.

Still- we stole that one. Didn't feel deserved. Have to take care of business at home next week. The Philly trip is not going to be easy.

I wrote that before McBroom's 3. Board was in performance mode or something.

Still- we stole that one. Didn't feel deserved. Have to take care of business at home next week. The Philly trip is not going to be easy.

That's why this year is special.........winning those games that we should've lost........

Lol :) I said sorry... For 6peats? Was it 7? I really don't know how that happened. I wrote it once on my phone and then locked it while it took its time to post... Came back and I seemed to love my commentary.

50/50 it may have been bad for our defensive stats... Relieved we won out. :)

Around the A10:

Richmond 58, UMass 55

VCU 80, Dayton 66

St. Joe's 61, Rhode Island 57

Fordham 76, George Mason 70

LaSalle is beating St. Bonaventure 19-17 in the first half in Olean. Could we end up alone in first after such a bad performance?

I mean......

If you can't discern the difference between being disappointed at dumb crap throughout the entire game versus a troll who only shows up at the very end with extremely disparaging comments then I don't know what to tell you

Winning on the road in conferemce play is never easy. Not sure what happened since I did not get to listen to it but from reading some of the post on the GD thread it sounds like we just did not have it tonight defensively and a couple of our better players were not good. I will have to see the stats to see how bad it was but in a good conference road wins are not easy to come by so I will take it. For those who want to be in the BE - tonight will be the rule not the exception. We can not have it both ways - be in a good conference and expect road wins will be easy. Get use to it!

I think the main thing to take away from this game is that the next man stepped up. Dwayne and Jordair did not really have it tonight, and if you're depending on two guys to get you wins you never take this game. Mike McCall, Rob Loe, Grandy Glaze, Austin McBroom, John Manning, Mike Crawford, even Jake Barnett all deserve to have their names typed out in full because without any one of them we lose this game. I hope I didn't forget anybody.

I am not too concerned with the defense as the Dukes were hitting their shots and the Bills had lineups in that really do not play with each other that much because of the foul issues.

I am very concerned with the foul trouble DE is getting into. I am not sure if its quicker forwards that are giving him trouble or its the silly ticky tack fouls he cannot avoid. We need him in their as much as possible.