Bonnies beat the Billikens

brownwolves

Actually not so...in the financial projections for the Chaifetz Center, increased attendance by the women's bball team had a great potential to increase the financial outlook for the facility. We should be very much be supporting the ladies' team.

mhg

Where is the Chaifetz Center? Is that near the West Pine Gym where the girls belong?

Where is the Chaifetz Center? Is that near the West Pine Gym where the girls belong?

While I don't think there's anything wrong with a person's saying that he doesn't care for women's basketball, I don't think it's necessary to start sounding like a chauvinist pig. You didn't step over the line; you pole vaulted over it.

While I don't think there's anything wrong with a person's saying that he doesn't care for women's basketball, I don't think it's necessary to start sounding like a chauvinist pig. You didn't step over the line; you pole vaulted over it.

It's not like I said they belong in a kitchen. That line I pole vaulted is only in your mind's perception. Just like the perception of equality that has girls play in front of 9500+ empty seats. They clearly don't need to the use the Chaifetz Arena when they average 464 fans per game.

It's not like I said they belong in a kitchen. That line I pole vaulted is only in your mind's perception. Just like the perception of equality that has girls play in front of 9500+ empty seats. They clearly don't need to the use the Chaifetz Arena when they average 464 fans per game.

still no need to be condescending. The women's team is on the rise not unlike our men's team just a few years ago and who knows where they will be in the near future

I have attended a couple women's games every year for several seasons. Very few show up, but the Women's game isn't awful. They can't shoot at all but its not sloppy unwatchable basketball just because it is played below the rim. I like it because I can sit anywhere and I am the loudest person in the place. Referees can hear me (and if we think our refs are bad, womens are ten time worse) and you can heckle opposing players at will. I always have a good time. Its good practice for the mens games.

Tough night for St Louis at the Reilly Center. Up by 8 with less than 4:40 left in the game the Bonnies fought to up-end the girls 62-60. The Billikens remain win less @ 0-4.

http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27200&ATCLID=209379563

NEWS FLASH: St Bona MBB Team is currently on a 3 conference game losing streak!

Do us a favor, beat LaSalle Wednesday night. LaSalle with UMASS are tied with SLU for 1st place.

Why not? The arena was built for both the men's and women's teams. Someday soon attendance will increase because the team will be better. But even that won't change you and Backhand's perception of women's basketball. Some of those women can at least shoot free throws more accurately than some of the men can. As the talent level increases, so will the wins. It's worse for you guys to talk bad about YOUR university's women's program than it is for AbsurdBillsFan to say he pulls for Mizzou and I see no problem with him doing that.

Why not? The arena was built for both the men's and women's teams. Someday soon attendance will increase because the team will be better. But even that won't change you and Backhand's perception of women's basketball. Some of those women can at least shoot free throws more accurately than some of the men can. As the talent level increases, so will the wins. It's worse for you guys to talk bad about YOUR university's women's program than it is for AbsurdBillsFan to say he pulls for Mizzou and I see no problem with him doing that.

If you think the arena was built for both the men's and women's teams, you are misguided. It was built for the men's team. They let the girls play there too so people like you won't b!tch and moan about some supposed inequality. Who cares if they can shoot free throws? Apparently only 464 fans seem to care. I never wrote anything bad about them, I simply said that their games don't belong in in a 10000 seat arena, and I supplied facts to back up my opinion. I am not sorry that my fact-based opinion makes you uncomfortable. And just one last thing, my four year old son saw an ad for the girls team during the last game and told me he wants to go, so I am planning on taking him.

If you think the arena was built for both the men's and women's teams, you are misguided. It was built for the men's team. They let the girls play there too so people like you won't b!tch and moan about some supposed inequality. Who cares if they can shoot free throws? Apparently only 464 fans seem to care. I never wrote anything bad about them, I simply said that their games don't belong in in a 10000 seat arena, and I supplied facts to back up my opinion. I am not sorry that my fact-based opinion makes you uncomfortable. And just one last thing, my four year old son saw an ad for the girls team during the last game and told me he wants to go, so I am planning on taking him.

You're fundamentally wrong about the purpose for the building. When they started planning it, it was for both the men's and women's programs.

You're fundamentally wrong about the purpose for the building. When they started planning it, it was for both the men's and women's programs.

Only because in this post-title IX, everyone gets a trophy America, they can't say, "this is for the men's team only."

I love the shots of the upper deck bleachers (empty) when the women play their NCAA tournament games. It's all about Title IX. This is coming from a guy who had two daughters. i went. I supported them. Box checked. Did I choose to watch Uconn/Baylor the other day? Yes, for about a commercial full. Enough for me. How much would I pay for a ticket to a WNBA game? Nothing --- I got better options for my disposal entertainment dollar.

I love the shots of the upper deck bleachers (empty) when the women play their NCAA tournament games. It's all about Title IX. This is coming from a guy who had two daughters. i went. I supported them. Box checked. Did I choose to watch Uconn/Baylor the other day? Yes, for about a commercial full. Enough for me. How much would I pay for a ticket to a WNBA game? Nothing --- I got better options for my disposal entertainment dollar.

Don't feel bad, nobody else buys WNBA tickets either.

Title IX has its drawbacks, but this is not one of them. If we are going to have a WBB team, we might as well have a good one. Playing at a facility like the 'fetz is a draw for players. They will never pack the arena, but that's no reason to relegate them to a lesser facility. They're here on their own merits regardless of how many fans they have.