Jordair Jett

Billiken75

It would seem impossible to me that visiting teems have trouble playing on that court. Every where else the players and coaches are on the side instead of end and the gap on sides of just blank floor has got to be disorientating. WTF is that court that way anyway, for real if you know clue me in of you could.

I think it is now safe to say JJ has overcome his back flop's problems. His hands are so friggin' quick poking it away it almost subliminal to watch. I think we won't look nearly as good against a great team if we ever play one but right now it's a joy. that said that little run of backdoor layups was a bit depressing.

Actually, the Bills have already played not one, but two, great teams this season. And they should have won one of those games and would have been in the other with better execution -- more along the lines of what they did against Indiana St.

Actually, the Bills have already played not one, but two, great teams this season. And they should have won one of those games and would have been in the other with better execution -- more along the lines of what they did against Indiana St.

sorry left out "again". Even though we lost those 2 games it's fun seeing those tens rise to the top. Way cool if they end up last 2 undefeated and we maintain winning streak it should be easy for pundits to note our only to losses were to them.

Jett is now averaging 5 APG through the non-conference schedule. No Billiken has averaged 5 APG since H Waldman in 1994.

Jett now has as many assists (75) in 2013-14 as he had in 2010-11 (and 4 more than he had in 2011-12) and is suddenly 103 shy of Josh Fisher's career mark of 436. Jett is averaging 5 per game on the season. If he can maintain that average throughout the rest of the season, and assuming he plays in every game, he could potentially break the record if the Billikens can match the 5 postseason games they played a year ago.

Jett is now averaging 5 APG through the non-conference schedule. No Billiken has averaged 5 APG since H Waldman in 1994.

Jett now has as many assists (75) in 2013-14 as he had in 2010-11 (and 4 more than he had in 2011-12) and is suddenly 103 shy of Josh Fisher's career mark of 436. Jett is averaging 5 per game on the season. If he can maintain that average throughout the rest of the season, and assuming he plays in every game, he could potentially break the record if the Billikens can match the 5 postseason games they played a year ago.

That blows my mind.

Does anyone know what JJ's 3 point stats are this season? It seems like he has drained almost every open look he has had, even if he doesn't take that many 3's overall. If he can take 3's and put them in then I would rather see him than Barnett taking them...

Either way he absolutely killed it tonight. Hopefully he brings much of the same against Dayton on Saturday

Does anyone know what JJ's 3 point stats are this season? It seems like he has drained almost every open look he has had, even if he doesn't take that many 3's overall. If he can take 3's and put them in then I would rather see him than Barnett taking them...

Either way he absolutely killed it tonight. Hopefully he brings much of the same against Dayton on Saturday

He was only hitting 22% coming into this game...

After tonight he's 6-20 (30%). http://www.slubillikens.com/fls/27200/MBB/201314/stats/TEAMCUME.HTM

The problem isn't just Jake. The only shooter with a decent amount of shots worth damn is AM. McCall and Loe are both around the same as Jake under 30%.

Yup.

This is not at you, Skip. At least, RL is playing all around solid ball and MM generally contributes with shut down D. It's hard to see what other thing JB is bringing to the table. Helps facilitate the offense? Average man-to-man D?

Jett scored over half of SLU's points. This is an extremely rare achievement and puts him in some pretty awesome company.

We all remember

did this (29 points in a 57-56 win) on 1/11/91...but I went back and checked the all time individual scoring highs for low team totals to find when else this happened....

Larry Hughes scored 40 in a 71-62 win on 1/24/98. Harry Rogers scored 34 of 63 on 1/22/73. Luther Burden scored 36 of 71 on 1/15/85. David Burns scored 36 of 64 on 2/19/81. Roland Gray had 34 of 66 in the game that sent SLU to the NIT Final 4 - they were down 20 at the half to New Mexico (Luc Longley) at the PIT and came back to win 66-65. Kwamain's scored a career high 33 of 61 vs UMKC on 12/22/2009.

It didn't happen in either of the extreme examples of high individual points (Bonner's 45 came in a 102-86 win) or low team points (no one cracked double figures in the GW game).

Jett's performance reminded me a bit of some of Marque Perry's senior year performances where he practically single-handedly won some games. What concerns me a bit is that Marque's supporting cast was very mediocre. JJ's supporting cast should not be mediocre. What I really have appreciated about the Majerus teams is that they were built to be balanced and not rely too much on one guy. While I'm thankful that JJ pulled this out, he also had to do it against Vandy. It's great that he is stepping up and we also have DE, but it's time for others, most notably MM. I love the defense, but he is capable of more offensively. I really thought he would step up the scoring this season with the departure of KM. Fortunately it looks like AM is playing a bigger role and could emerge as another reliable scorer, but it would be nice to get more guys rolling a bit.

Jett has his signature now, did McCall ever have one? I don't recall him ever really going off in one particular game. Correct me if i am incorrect.

McCall has never scored 20 points or more in his career. I've heard media talk about how strange it is that he is over 1,000 career points, but has never topped 20 in a game.