Femi Playing for UMSL?

Scoop

So he is. It also says he is pursuing a master's in business administration. Why do I recall him being a nursing major? I would think that if your career is over, whatever court you're on should not factor into the equation. Hmmmm. Not sure what the "amazing" part is here.

It has been well-documented that Femi can still play basketball. He plays in summer leagues and shoots around with the team. The slu coaching staff decided at the time of his injury that he was no longer fit to play for the university. He decided to remain with the team. Now that he is on to a new program, he is giving it another go.

One would think he might try to play his senior year for the Bills. Kind of odd.

We had a full 13 scholarship roster last year so he couldn't have played without kicking someone else off. The fact the school was still willing to pay for his scholarship even though he wasn't playing is commendable.

Let us pray he can compete without permanent injury.

In high school we had a kid who was going to get a scholarship for track that broke his lower leg in football junior year and lost just enough speed that colleges were no longer interested. Femi has had a couple of years to heal and his desire and maturity should help a team with UMSL's level of competition.

I am also interested in seeing how Christian Salechich (spelling) helps Siue when we play them. Just from a basketball perspective although Femi served us as a role model

Let us pray he can compete without permanent injury.

In high school we had a kid who was going to get a scholarship for track that broke his lower leg in football junior year and lost just enough speed that colleges were no longer interested. Femi has had a couple of years to heal and his desire and maturity should help a team with UMSL's level of competition.

I am also interested in seeing how Christian Salechich (spelling) helps Siue when we play them. Just from a basketball perspective although Femi served us as a role model

if he actually is going to be a nurse, this is relevant, as his dogs will be BARKIN 3 days a week after 12 hour shifts spent almost exclusively on his feet.

It has been well-documented that Femi can still play basketball. He plays in summer leagues and shoots around with the team. The slu coaching staff decided at the time of his injury that he was no longer fit to play for the university. He decided to remain with the team. Now that he is on to a new program, he is giving it another go.

You are saying Femi was fit to play but SLU chose not to let him. That's a pretty serious accustion and I'd bet it's not based upon any factual info. His own tweet mentioned below hints at Dr.'s saying he wouldn't play again

You are saying Femi was fit to play but SLU chose not to let him. That's a pretty serious accustion and I'd bet it's not based upon any factual info. His own tweet mentioned below hints at Dr.'s saying he wouldn't play again

Based on what femi and others have said it seems like Femi was fit to play in the sense that he could still run, jump, dribble and the like. He played in summer league, like I said. But he wasn't fit to handle the rigor of daily practice or perhaps the D1 speed. Given that Femi stayed with the team, It seems like everyone was on the same page with that. This is all based on factual info.

Based on what femi and others have said it seems like Femi was fit to play in the sense that he could still run, jump, dribble and the like. He played in summer league, like I said. But he wasn't fit to handle the rigor of daily practice or perhaps the D1 speed. Given that Femi stayed with the team, It seems like everyone was on the same page with that. This is all based on factual info.

Now doesn't this post come across a little differently than your 1st post which makes it sound as if he was good to go but the SLU coaching staff didn't want him any longer

If he wasn't fit to handle the rigor of daily practice or perhaps the D1 speed he wasn't able to play.

I tore my ACL and miniscus in '94 went through the miniscus surgery but would have had to go back and do the ACL after I was done recovering from the miniscus but chose not to, so it was never repaired. I can still play, but I wouldn't dream of playing at the level I played before.

Your post was misleading.

Well that is not exactly the same explanation you gave at first - you were inferring that SLU did not want him - but now it sounds like they knew he would not hold up physically and for his own good they retired him.

When you use the term "it seems like", that does not represent factual data.

I think the question should be phrased more in terms of how well will he be capable of playing at USML? Make no mistake, this man will not be performing at the level he had at SLU before his injury. If he can play reasonably well at UMSL then all the best to him and may he enjoy every minute of time he gets in the court.