2014 Commit #1 Davell Roby (Guard)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

which may or may not interfere with ash, at a 2

I mean they are two grades apart and we often run with 3 guards. I don't think that is a big deal at all. In fact I bet we add another shooting guard in this class as well.

I mean they are two grades apart and we often run with 3 guards. I don't think that is a big deal at all. In fact I bet we add another shooting guard in this class as well.

When's the last time we had a true SG on the roster? (That contributed) Lisch? Danny Brown?

When's the last time we had a true SG on the roster? (That contributed) Lisch? Danny Brown?

I'm not sure there is such a thing as a true shooting guard. If there is, I don't know what it is. Is lisch too short? Is Liddell too much of a rebounder? Could Danny brown handle the rock enough? I think a guard is a guard, especially with the way SLU plays. How that offense will run will be precipitated on the skill sets of those guards we have in the court.

From what I can tell he is more a 2 than a true point at this stage in his career.

chris chiozza, the 5'9" PG on his high school team, signed with florida. roby wasn't going to run the point over that dude. from what i've seen, chiozza is pretty ill, backed up by his signing with florida at only 5'9".

in other words, i'm not worried about roby having plenty of HATE in his heart at PG.

Anyone know if the high profile offers were due to him bring a package deal for his 5 star teammate?

I would think so, that trio from White Station is real solid with Black, Chiozza, and Roby.

I like to see that we have some length and athleticism lined up at the guard position.

I would think so, that trio from White Station is real solid with Black, Chiozza, and Roby.

I like to see that we have some length and athleticism lined up at the guard position.

Great. That will be a fun HS team to keep track of this season like we did with Crawford's team last year. I think we can get rid of any leftover thoughts about whether JC can recruit.

Wow, pulling a recruit against those schools and from Memphis of all places. Crews putting the COY awards and some NCAA tourneys to work on the recruiting trail. Davell's highlights seem like he is a similar player to some of those VCU and Temple wings we go against, a type of player SLU has been missing on this team, athletic 6-3/6-4 guard, until pulling the transfer from Nova.

We can get a total of 6 in this class, correct?

Like recruiting Memphis and Chicago.

Wow, pulling a recruit against those schools and from Memphis of all places. Crews putting the COY awards and some NCAA tourneys to work on the recruiting trail. Davell's highlights seem like he is a similar player to some of those VCU and Temple wings we go against, a type of player SLU has been missing on this team, athletic 6-3/6-4 guard, until pulling the transfer from Nova.

We can get a total of 6 in this class, correct?

Like recruiting Memphis and Chicago.

+100

which may or may not interfere with ash, at a 2

To the contrary, if you look at the good NCAA teams and even the good teams in our conference they often played big talented guards together. I love this commitment. It continues the trend of this new staff to recruit tough rangy forwards and guards who can play defense and rebound. He and Ash will help build a formidable defense with an ability to run off rebounds and turnovers. I am very pleased to see this kind of commitment early in the summer.

Ash - 6' 4"

Roby - 6' 4"

Crawford - 6' 3" (or is it 6' 5")

This is accross the board size I don't remember us having at the guard position

Congrats to JC and the staff. This kid looks like a good get based upon who we were going against.

I was hoping we would have one 2014 commit by the end of the summer, but maybe we wind up getting one or two more. This seemed to come together very quickly. Big athletic guard with multiple quality BCS offers... sounds good.

From what I have researched on Roby, it sounds like he projects more as a 2, even though he is sometimes listed as a 1. I expect that we will land a good point guard in the Class of 2014 to pair up with Roby. I like the idea of having good guard pairings every two years - McBroom and Ash and now Roby and yet to be named point guard. That's why I didn't think the likes of Randy or Saintil were big priorities for 2013. We will get better quality guards in 2014 and Roby appears to be a great first start. Nice job by Crews and staff.

Ash - 6' 4"

Roby - 6' 4"

Congrats to JC and the staff. This kid looks like a good get based upon who we were going against.

Makes me want to put Temple on the schedule in 2014-15.

Ash - 6' 4"

Roby - 6' 4"

We are also recruiting JP Macura very hard and he is a 6'5 shooting guard as well

Coach Majerus was the gift that keeps on giving.

Also, with the exception of Platt, this is still RM's staff... and that is a good thing. RM is the only program builder SLU has ever had. Crews seems to be doing a great job taking the ball and running with it.

I will refrain from posting Pitbull until he signs his LOI, but this is definitely good news!

you're telling me you let the party stop in the first place!?!?

salinas, ks. blowhard. MBM. you know the credentials required.

sample_paycheck_and_one_pay_stub.jpg