Recruiting 2015

As was stated way earlier in this thread, Welmer was reportedly up to 215 pounds by the beginning of this season. For 6'9'' that's still pretty slight, but not awful. Gillmann was listed at between 200-210. Hopefully he can get up to 230+ by the time he takes the court for us next season.

He is the #1 prospect in Maine (as stated by kmbilliken earlier in this thread), and the 23rd overall in New England's class of 2015

http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/rankings/new-england-class-of-2015

To provide some perspective, the first 8 on the above list are ESPN Top 100 guys and the first 14 are committed to high major programs +1 guy to Dayton. After that its a mix of Ivy leaguers and programs from low to mid level leagues. Welmer is sandwiched right above a Northeastern commit and right below a Quinnipiac recruit. Hopefully he is a heady, fundamentally sound gym-rat who does all the little things correctly.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't find any shirtless pics, sorry. But there are plenty of pics/videos of him, instead of the one you chose, from 3 and a half years ago when he was barely a soph in HS. He graduated HS last year and is in prep school this year. His prep school currently lists him at 6-9 and 210. http://www.bridgtonacademy.org/ath_roster.cfm?SportID=60

I couldn't find any shirtless pics, sorry. But there are plenty of pics/videos of him, instead of the one you chose, from 3 and a half years ago when he was barely a soph in HS. He graduated HS last year and is in prep school this year. His prep school currently lists him at 6-9 and 210. http://www.bridgtonacademy.org/ath_roster.cfm?SportID=60

Then by all means post them. First YouTube video is from early 2013 and the rest are vine videos. That your idea of plenty?

Nothing extremely exciting but I found these in about 2 minutes of searching. He's #33 in white in this one (he isn't in the game at the start).

#33 in black in this one.

I don't expect him or Neufeld to be stars from the beginning, but they both should be much less of a project than someone like Gillmann.

Nothing extremely exciting but I found these in about 2 minutes of searching. He's #33 in white in this one (he isn't in the game at the start).

I don't expect him or Neufeld to be stars from the beginning, but they both should be much less of a project than someone like Gillmann.

I stopped watching after he missed 3 free throws in a row in the first vid. The kids on the dark team weren't even close to the same height as him and he didn't look all that impressive

I didn't expect much from Welmer next year and nothing in those videos changed my mind. The first 1:15 in the second one is bad. His team plays a lot of zone defense. He may be Jolly without the defense.

-I hope if AG adds weight he can add some speed, too

-or at least not get any slower

Yeah, I wrote that poorly...I was referring to Welmer getting up to 230 by the time he takes the court for us next season.

I think Gillmann is already up around 230 given the conditioning he's received. An article earlier this year mentioned that he had put on 15-20 pounds already. And you are 100% correct- he needs to work on his quickness, too. He is always in decent position, he just gets outmuscled for the ball so strength and quickness will definitely determine AG's improvement.

not sure if you're being sarcastic or not. Plus Conklin at least has some muscle here and isn't lanky

No sarcasm at all. These string beans never put on any weight or muscle. Maybe it's time to look at the training regiment.

257763.jpg

With all these "this is your life" retrospectives of all time great Billiken beanpoles, somebody needs to re-post the video of Manning hanging on the rim after his monster slam in high school.

PHO-10Mar01-208360.jpg

All for Williams if we get him, but I won't take this coaching staff seriously if we don't upgrade the PG position this offseason.

Adding 15 lb to MR and MB is an automatic upgrade. And if neither of them transfer, we probably won't have a scholly to offer a point guard in the spring for the reasons kshoe already mentioned.