Recruiting - 2016

Not going to say anything bad about Tatum, he is just another Duke player now so all I care about is St. Louis.

Any chance we can get back with Tyler Cook? That would be a 4 year player who would have more of an impact over the long term anyways. I also like Verge and Goodwin for 2017. Glad Crews and staff have been at all these Eagles games putting in work.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We were not inside his head....who knows when he made up his mind. Might have been a month ago, might have been last week, whatever. It doesn't matter anymore. JT is going to duke, and that is why it is hard being a Billiken fan.

Goodwin would be a huge acquistion for this staff. I think him plus improvement from the young guys by their senior year would be solid. I'm still in the minority that these guys are going to improve and be a good core. Hopefully there are Eagles connections now to help tap this pipeline of talent.

Don't trash Tatum. He genuinely gave SLU as much consideration as he could have without actually choosing us. His interest was genuine. Don't believe storyline that says otherwise.

There's no shame in choosing the reigning national champ. He's going to have a shot at a title. I get it.

It's hard to swallow but we were in this all the way in a very real way. I just think the past month was too much to overcome.

All we can do now is hope the rest of the team has good summers and the upcoming season is at least a little bit of fun. I'm sure that signing of a nice recruit will our lift spirits as well

Don't trash Tatum. He genuinely gave SLU as much consideration as he could have without actually choosing us. His interest was genuine. Don't believe storyline that says otherwise.

There's no shame in choosing the reigning national champ. He's going to have a shot at a title. I get it.

It's hard to swallow but we were in this all the way in a very real way. I just think the past month was too much to overcome.

"don't listen to any story but listen to me." Ok.....?

I don't blame the kid.

I don't blame Tatum. Don't care about him anymore. The only time he wasted our staff's time was this weekend. We needed a coach there for the Eagles but we could have sent coaches all around the country for this weekend assuming there were other, lesser tournaments.

We couldn't compete with Duke, Giles, etc. Barnes may have helped but it seems like it wouldn't have made enough of a difference.

I just hope that plan C is good (Tatum was plan A and B ) and that we can succeed in that plan.

The open practices coming up should build excitement again so that's timed well. Just hope we play well in the Bahamas.

Well, this is Recruiting 2016...so what's plan B?

Eric Curry? I can't think of many other kids we have offered for that class.

I think the worst part is now I am looking at the 2017 class as the one we have to get some of the local kids to stay home. Offer Goodwin already Crews!