Recruiting - 2014

Recruiting update:

http://blogs.indystar.com/recruitingcentral/archives/3721

Also - if you can't figure out the initials system just ring your call button and I will cover over and hit you on the head with a tack hammer because you're a retard.

Nice "Tommy Boy" reference. +1

Hey, are you sure the kitchen is closed?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the self promotion, but I thought this would interest you guys. Highlights from the game where Macura and Martin faced each other.

Adidas Invitational: JP Macura and Kelan Martin

thanks for the video. i'd take macura in a heartbeat. game looks real smooth, gets to the line a lot, makes them, too. also finishes very nicely with the right and left. looks aggressive, but controlled. would definitely like to have him.

thanks for the video. i'd take macura in a heartbeat. game looks real smooth, gets to the line a lot, makes them, too. also finishes very nicely with the right and left. looks aggressive, but controlled. would definitely like to have him.

Things are not looking great for us landing Macura but I think we definitely have a solid chance at Martin, who I would love to land.

Looks like Kelan Martin was offered tonight.

In addition to Pistol's information on the previous pages, I was surprised to see that Martin is a borderline Top 100 recruit. Ranked 102 (IIRC) by Rivals. Would be a great get.

Definitely. All K-Marts are good players. Kenyon, Kevin...

In addition to Pistol's information on the previous pages, I was surprised to see that Martin is a borderline Top 100 recruit. Ranked 102 (IIRC) by Rivals. Would be a great get.

-if true, let's hope Pitino fills his spots before getting to this Martin

Looks to be a more highly regarded (at least out of high school) version of DE. He has been a four looking to transition to the three (what crazy idea ;) ). I'm glad we're in the mix. This would appear to be an excellent get if we can pull it off. It would be awesome to get one or two more quality verbal commits by the end of summer.

We seem to be crossing paths with Clemson a lot on the recruiting trail. Clemson already has too many 6-10 Africans - Djambo and another kid they signed for 2013.

Their coach spent a year under Crews as an assistant at Evansville as his first coaching job.

Their DBO is named Dick Bender.

Their coach is on the hot seat after two disappointing seasons in a row.

Their coach spent a year under Crews as an assistant at Evansville as his first coaching job.

Their DBO is named **** Bender.

Their coach is on the hot seat after two disappointing seasons in a row.

I see that he is originally from Evansville and went to DePauw. Perhaphs somebody on this board who really, really knows what is going in on the state of Indiana could fill us in on a few more details... B)

Jimbo will be happy:

Our 6' 10" f Ikenna Okwaranizie has picked up offers from Clemson and St Louis University. Playing AAU with the St Louis Eagles.

I'm glad to see we've offered. I've felt for a while that he could be recruit #3. We'd then have our big bigs for this class and could focus on a true PG (any of the 3 from Southern Illinois would probably work) and some SF/PF type players like Kelan Martin.

Looks like slu just offered a highly regarded juco pg from California

@VerbalCommits: 2014 Cerritos College (CA) G Austin Pope has received an offer from St. Louis. @ThePope_LOE http://t.co/kXs8siwRL6

Homeboy is quoted as saying "I want to be the best point guard ever." HATE. 6'6" 200 lbs, #1 rated JUCO point guard in the country, #6 overall. I'm VERY interested.

Homeboy is quoted as saying "I want to be the best point guard ever." HATE. 6'6" 200 lbs, #1 rated JUCO point guard in the country, #6 overall. I'm VERY interested.

I noticed an twitter conversation between Pope and McBroom. Having some kind of connection there can't hurt. No one likes doing laundry.

Doin laundry is NOT fun

@AustinMcbroom man on everything!

Let me start the silly comparisons with former Billiken players since none of us have SEENTHEKIDPLAY. Since he is African American, a JUCO from California, well built with a 6'6 200 lbs frame and has only 4 letters in his last name, he must be the second coming of Justin Love. Just replace the A with J and the Pope with Love and you'll see what I mean.