Other teams you like to watch

What a badass.

05 is right; this one isn't about fanhood, just who else you watch semi-regularly. I'm only a true fan of SLU. We won't begrudge you if you watch your wife's alma maters. Well, one of them, anyway.

I only follow Northwestern in football. Their basketball team is made up primarily of Serbs, Lithuanians and guys who look like Jolly - they're brutal to watch. Their roster makes me look tan. You have to wear sunglasses to watch the games because there's more glare than a hockey game.

I do sometimes watch Mizzou, although I'm going to miss watching Pressey choke away winnable games next year.

Mizzou. Mostly just to root for their opponent.

+1.

I also follow Kansas, partly for the above reason historically and partly because I have had a lot of friends who went there.

Of course, one poster on this board thinks that if you follow any other team, then you cannot be a Billiken fan. Go figure.

I don't really like to watch any other teams. Maybe U of I or Kansas. However, I do root for whoever is playing Mizzou, UNC, Duke, Gonzaga and Kentucky.

Also like to root against SVU, Charlotte, and the Bonnies. I used to root against Methdale and Mo State, but now you just gotta feel sorry for the losers.

+1.

I also follow Kansas, partly for the above reason historically and partly because I have had a lot of friends who went there.

Of course, one poster on this board thinks that if you follow any other team, then you cannot be a Billiken fan. Go figure.

I think most people likely have two or more colleges that they are fans of; the college you grew up a fan of and then the college/colleges you attended. With SLU not having a football program it increases the likelihood of the fan base having multiple allegiances. For me I am in the dreaded position of having a rooting interest in both SLU and Mizzou, so I get to see both fan bases talk trash about the other while enjoying both programs consistently let me down.

I've always liked Michigan State. Not sure why, I like Izzo mainly. Great coach, seems to be clean and he doesn't look for a new job every two years. Don't really follow them as such, but if they're on the tube I usually pull for them. Of course, I REALLY wanted to beat them in the NCAA tournament. We were so close, a big disappointment.

Yeah. I feel the same way about Michigan State. Sure, they have some great players who go on to the league like Draymond Green, but it is not really an NBA factory. It's not always pretty, but Izzo really seems to maximize their talent. I also like Butler. Stevens seems like a genuinely good guy, plus during their brief time in the A-10 we could always count on kicking the crap out of them. :D

UNC (no real reason, I had fun watching them beat Illinois for the title at the Ed), IU (wife went there), and Mizzou. I'll pretty much watch any college basketball game I stumble across on TV though if I don't have anything else going on.

mizzou and who ever kansas is playing, fauk kansas.

Are you unhappy all the time, then? When Mizzou either wins games against South Central Louisiana State (Go Mud Dogs) or blows it in the last two mins against mediocre teams? and when Kansas beats Mizzou over and over?

Are you unhappy all the time, then? When Mizzou either wins games against South Central Louisiana State (Go Mud Dogs) or blows it in the last two mins against mediocre teams? and when Kansas beats Mizzou over and over?

ya for the most part..

besides saint louis university i root for any non-bcs school that is playing a bcs school.

Growing up mostly in Peoria, was always a bit of a Bradley fan. 06 when they made their S16 run was cool. Good MVC opponents at Carver Arena. I just made a trip over to Lawrence, KS. last weekend and was very impressed with Allen Fieldhouse. There are schools with tradition and then there's Kansas. I respect them for at least playing us, unlike Mizzou.

Syracuse. I lived there for 8 years. Absolutely incredible how they fill the carrier dome with 23,000+ people per game. And I love the zone defense, but love watching how some teams are absolutely clueless against it and how some teams can attack it so well.

Also grew up watching the Orange, my folks went there. Carmelo in '03 ... $$$$$$. Long live Gerry McNamera.

I grew up watching the Illini and hating Kansas. At SLU, I found one Mizzou fan that I hated even more than Kansas basketball and I found myself rooting for Kansas to do well just to shut him up. Now that that KU/Mizzou rivalry is pretty much dead I just watch Illinois and SLU. I would love to see SLU bury the Illini tho

Also grew up watching the Orange, my folks went there. Carmelo in '03 ... $$$$$$. Long live Gerry McNamera.

Andy Rautins was a poorman's GMac. I love those dirty white boy PG's the Cuse always seem to get every 4-5 years.