Cowherd has Bills in final 4

slu72

His final 4 :

GZ, SLU, Miami, FL

Then he has us in the final losing to Miami. Oh, man this is heady stuff, rare air, fine wine, the girl of your dreams (for Billykitty the man of her dreams), hitting Powerball when it's nine figures.

He likes SLU for having chip on the shoulder, there is no one great team, most teams don't shoot that well, and we're mature.

While I expect a victory over NM State (probably in the 8-12 point margin) I am feeling more nervous about Ok State or Oregon (supremely underrated in the bracket) in round 3 than Louisville whom I feel we match up very well with...would be great to extract some revenge on Sparty!

His final 4 :

GZ, SLU, Miami, FL

Then he has us in the final losing to Miami. Oh, man this is heady stuff, rare air, fine wine, the girl of your dreams (for Billykitty the man of her dreams), hitting Powerball when it's nine figures.

He likes SLU for having chip on the shoulder, there is no one great team, most teams don't shoot that well, and we're mature.

He has SLU losing in a championship game with a Larkin at point guard. Sadly I remember this happening when I was a kid.

NMS looks pretty winnable; OK State about a toss-up. I think we match up OK against OK State, no pun intended.

We play well this weekend and we get national spotlight against overall #1 seed. WOW. we are MUCH better this year than we were against a #1 one year ago (and could have won by just hitting a few shots).

It's pretty hard to look past that match-up. I've not seen Louisville all year, actually -- how might we match up against them? How many 1st round picks do they have ? ? ?

It's pretty hard to look past that match-up. I've not seen Louisville all year, actually -- how might we match up against them? How many 1st round picks do they have ? ? ?

I look at Louisville as VCU if VCU had 5-star recruits. Their defense is unbelievable. They have some serious athletes. They have a fearless senior PG in Siva. There's no easy way around it; they're the top seed in the Tournament and deservedly so. As for NBA players, I'm not sure they have any lottery picks this year. Russ Smith scores 18 PPG but is 6-1, 165. Siva is small. Dieng might be picked somewhere; he's a 6-10 junior who rebounds and blocks shots.

But we're getting ahead of ourselves. NMSU is up first.

great run down, Pistol. I know about their pressure defense, and press -- and I thought we started to look a little tired and with the lazy passes yesterday against VCU in 2nd half; so that is a bit of a worry. VCU got back in the game with the press and I think about 8-10 forced turnovers in 2nd half.

We will be working on that next week for sure -- IF we can win 2 this week!

Louisville was a Final Four team last year, so don't forget that. Now, I know that Louisville's pressure defense and VCU's aren't the same, but in the exempt tournament both they and Missouri were in in November, Louisville crushed Mizzou but VCU lost to the Tigers. I know comparative scoring doesn't work, but I think it just goes to show how tough it is to play against Louisville. They're the top seed in the Tournament (which might mean that they won't win it all!), so it's hard to pick SLU to win the game, should the match-up occur.

More love from the ESPN family. SLU ranks 7th in the field in Grantland's snarky breakdown of all 68 teams, giving them strong praise:

"Saint Louis (4) An unbelievably dangerous team with no obvious flaws except maybe team height."

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/54555/a-semi-insane-semi-logical-classification-of-all-68-tournament-teams

even if we somehow win our first three games, the cheating dukies await us. imo our frontcourt is our achilles and duke's bigs are a nightmare. probably all have sociology degrees anyway.

I watched Louisville Saturday night at the Garden. The turned the tables second half against Syracuse ala VCU against Xavier. They have a nice makeup in Siva, Smith, Behanan, Deng, Hancock, Harrell and Blackshear. I really don't see too much in terms of one standout, NBA player. They fell behind by 16 in the first half because they could make nothing but then blistered Syracuse by 30 in the second half.

I found them to be very VCU-like .... when it's going good, unstoppable. When it's going bad, horrid. Luckily, they had enough time to make the good better than the bad and overcome the Orange in the second half. Plus Southerland got his fourth foul at like the 16 minute mark second half and had to sit out. There went the Cuse's offense and Brandon Triche was downright a turnover in the making.

I still hate Big East basketball ---- it's like a professional wrestling match at time.

Honestly, I give no credence to anything Cowherd says. He is nothing but a blowhard that likes to 'stir the pot'. I don't think he has any real insight to anything he spouts off about.

He put up some good numbers on his NFL predictions this year.... might be luck, but the guy got em right

even if we somehow win our first three games, the cheating dukies await us. imo our frontcourt is our achilles and duke's bigs are a nightmare. probably all have sociology degrees anyway.

Dont worry about the dookies Roy.

They got lehighed in round 1 last year and will get Albanied in round 1 this year.

Honestly, I give no credence to anything Cowherd says. He is nothing but a blowhard that likes to 'stir the pot'. I don't think he has any real insight to anything he spouts off about.

It's not really about the accuracy of anyone's predictions. It is more about garnering the national publicity and being considered a team that could win it all. That is extremely valuable to the program in a year where it really could use the push to take SLU to new heights.

Nice write-up on the Bills with mention as the darkhorse of the Midwest Region and the team to watch. http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2013-03-18/ncaa-tournament-2013-bracket-midwest-region-analysis-louisville-duke

Then as the first of five teams poised to make a deep run. http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2013-03-17/ncaa-tournament-2013-bracket-analysis-north-carolina-saint-louis-memphi-villanov

Sorry if this has already been posted.

His final 4 :

GZ, SLU, Miami, FL

Hahaha... You mean Lisch?! :)... sweet.