Recruiting - 2013

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well let me say how nice that is of you larry72 .. giving JC a B- based on two recruits who have demonstrated nothing to this point. I personally don't think you can give Crews any rating, it's not fair, not to him, not right now. There is no body of proof, one wway or the other. The grades cannot be given for at least two or three more years.

You got back as far as I do .... I can rattle off scores of names that didn't live up to expectations. I am in no position to rate Crews' recruiting just yet and neither are you. Based on the hype, why not give him an A+? I mean RA has a "recruited by Duke" peidgree. Isn't that a default 5* rating? And MC was #3 in the state of Indiana for Mr. Basketball. Another 5* "Hoosier/Jimmy Chitwood" pedigree.

Rick made mistakes (Cotto, Thompson, Smith, Carter, etc.). The main difference between him and Sodie and even Romar was that he could evaluate talent, sign some of it, and mesh it into his system to make it all work. Sodie got literally nothing and Romar had it all-or-nothing in his west coast recruits which resulted in nothing over the long haul. And th elong haul is what we are facing at this juncture in the program.

So what are you larry 72? 50% logical and 50% illiogical? If the process is illogical, you handing out grades based on incomplete data makes complete sense for sure. Keep it up .... next thing you know, you'll be kicked out of the message board moron society.

The process I don't understand and make no attempt to. Giving out grades? That I get, just not in this instance.

Ground hog day?

Yep, you're right. Just called and cancelled my season tickets. Also mailing back my diplomas. He'll, I will probably just move our of St. Louis.

#SLU is making 2013 PG Randy Onwuasor a priority. New information inside: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=437&f=3554&t=11443252&sto=MS_140230385

Ben Weixlmann@BWeixScout

ICYMI: #SLU target Ibrahim Djambo committed to #Clemson late last night. Our @HM_CUTigers_com has the scoop: http://clemson.scout.com/2/1286018.html

Well, that's a bummer. All is not lost- I still think Agbeko was a bigger target than Djambo- but we may have had a formidable front court next season, one that opened up things for Loe to have a big senior season and Manning to have some space. We'll still be fine.

The question is, do we end up with two guards now or are we going to offer Jolly and hope he pans out?

I know his weight was brought up earlier, but 6'10" and 205 lbs defending the paint in the ACC...good luck with that pal...

Well, that's a bummer. All is not lost- I still think Agbeko was a bigger target than Djambo- but we may have had a formidable front court next season, one that opened up things for Loe to have a big senior season and Manning to have some space. We'll still be fine.

The question is, do we end up with two guards now or are we going to offer Jolly and hope he pans out?

-why do you think Agbeko was the bigger target?

-sitting here I would have very much liked Djambo on our squad, seems like a player, but there are others, all is not lost

Yep, you're right. Just called and cancelled my season tickets. Also mailing back my diplomas. He'll, I will probably just move our of St. Louis.

Look, if you want to take it to the absurd then fine - all I was saying is that right now things are looking like they were pre RM. Can that change of course but things are certainly not arrowing up right now.

Look, if you want to take it to the absurd then fine - all I was saying is that right now things are looking like they were pre RM. Can that change of course but things are certainly not arrowing up right now.

That is crazy talk. Despite being interim coach for the entire season and it being the more-difficult Spring recruiting period, Coach Crews has managed to land a highly-sought forward (over some major programs) and is still among the leaders for several additional targets. Losing a juco to an ACC program does not make him Soderberg. Everyone needs to take a deep breath and see how things play out over the next year or so. Even though SLU has had a nice run the last two seasons, the program is still not entitled to land every recruit it targets despite what we all wish and think.

-why do you think Agbeko was the bigger target?

-sitting here I would have very much liked Djambo on our squad, seems like a player, but there are others, all is not lost

-Agbeko has a higher ceiling than Djambo

-We get him for 4 years

-Appears to be more athletic