Recruiting - 2013

Now that God told Abell to go to Xavier and Saintil decided to go to prep school, here's our ever-shortening list:

Paul Jesperson, SG: 6-6, 197, Virginia. Transfer eligible as junior in 2014-2015. Interest from SLU, Northern Iowa, USC, Nebraska, and Florida. Latest (5/13): Jesperson tweeted UNI, St. Louis, USC... 3 great visits, couple more left tho" on the 11th. Previous: I'd think Nebraska is definitely one of the last couple visits, and Florida may be the other. At SLU, Manning (Virginia native) and Barnett (Wisconsin native) were his hosts. Pappy's was part of the itinerary.

Randy Onwuasor, PG: 6-3, 190, Inglewood HS, Inglewood, CA. Top Choices: SLU, Miami-Ohio, LSU, and Pitt. Other offers: UC-Irvine and Cal State-Fullerton. Interest from Tennessee, Tennessee Tech, Seton Hall, Florida State, Arkansas, UNLV, Tulane, New Mexico State, and Utah. Latest (5/17): Onwuasor has picked up an offer from LSU and has already visited there. Previous: Onwuasor has visited SLU and Miami-Ohio. SLU and Miami have both made in-home visits. He said to Ben Weixlmann that his final three choices are SLU, Miami, and Pitt. He will be playing in the Nike Global Challenge in DC in July. He has been retweeting SLU fans a lot, but the last two are about Tennessee and Tennessee Tech, both of whom are suddenly in the mix. A TTU assistant apparently visited, and he now says he plans to visit Knoxville soon. No word on offers from either. What looked like a SLU-Miami race has now opened back up.

Jordan Strawberry, PG: 6-1, 170, Mater Dei HS, Santa Ana, CA. Offers: SLU, UC-Riverside, and at least 2 others (UNCW likely). Claims interest from Arizona, Virginia Tech, Gonzaga, California, and Florida State. Latest (5/16): Darryl Strawberry told Frank Cusamano that SLU "looked at" Jordan but that he's considering prep school in Connecticut. Previous: Visit to SLU (and dad) went very well. Since then, UNC-Wilmington has gotten in the mix and has one scholarship left to give after Addison Spruill, a shooting guard from Brevard CC, committed yesterday, 4/30. No confirmation on an offer from UNCW but it seems likely they've made one. He seems to be SLU's backup plan to Randy Onwuasor, but SLU seems like his best opportunity. This list came out on 5/1 and Strawberry's name and picture is in it. Interestingly, Onwuasor and Lancona are not mentioned. He also told a buddy on Twitter that his visit "out there" went well and he's trying to make his decision.

Achraf Yacoubou, SG: 6-4, 210, Villanova. Transfer eligible as junior in 2014-2015. Interested in SLU, Pitt, and Georgia Tech. Latest (5/16): He was supposed to visit Pitt on 5/14 but I haven't seen anything confirming that he actually visited. I have confirmed that he was in the Bronx (his hometown) on 5/15. Previous: Two Tweets from sportswriters on Friday, 5/3 said that Yacoubou visited SLU and will be visiting Pitt and Georgia Tech next. UNLV and Miami are out of contention. According to pantherlair.com writer Matthew Steinbrink, Pitt is focused on Yacoubou, Sheldon Jeter (if he decides to transfer), and DeAndre Kane. Kane made it official, so Pitt has one scholarship left to give.

What about the kid from Iowa?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still very happy with the two we got. Top priority was to sign a couple bigs and we got that done. Another guard would be great, but not if he can't be seen as a contributor / in rotation in 2014-2015.

Another guard would be great, since we'll only have 2 guards on the entire roster at this time next year.

Sooooooooo....... I think JC and crew jumped the gun just a tad early with letting Drew go.

Soo... I've heard through many grapevines that drew was kind of a cancer. Had a bad attitude and very rarely went to class.. I don't think we cut him because we were hopeful we'd need the space. I think it was a long time coming.. And hippa would explain why school doesn't say anything about it...

Just think 2 and 2 are coming together... And go figure it makes sense. Trust that crews and co have it covered..

Soo... I've heard through many grapevines that drew was kind of a cancer. Had a bad attitude and very rarely went to class.. I don't think we cut him because we were hopeful we'd need the space. I think it was a long time coming.. And hippa would explain why school doesn't say anything about it...

Just think 2 and 2 are coming together... And go figure it makes sense. Trust that crews and co have it covered..

I hope you are right

Can't possibly be true. That cold-hearted SOB Crews ran him off.

Nice work and reporting, Kitty. You are now the tweeting source the board needs. Keep up the good work for us, you know, morons.

I fill bitchy writing this, but HIPAA is a health care privacy law. Educational records are protected by FERPA. Quite possibly the nerdiest thing ever written in this forum, I know. Apologies.

Nice work and reporting, Kitty. You are now the tweeting source the board needs. Keep up the good work for us, you know, morons.

Hey, old codger, I'm not a moron. But I'm not an insider either. Keep up the good work, moron. :)

I fill bitchy writing this, but HIPAA is a health care privacy law. Educational records are protected by FERPA. Quite possibly the nerdiest thing ever written in this forum, I know. Apologies.

Pretty sure FERPA was a boxer, the "Wild Bull of the Pampas". Right, Larry 72 ?

the fact that georgetown would have any intrest in him is odd seems like everything in jared drew's world is odd though now

My guess would be Georgetown College in KY. They just won the NAIA Championship. They have been a NAIA powerhouse for years. They are moving to NCAA D2.