Recruiting - 2013

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will this thread get to 200 pages before we sign our next recruit? I say the chances are 50-50.

Oh, I'd say the chances are 100% for 200+ pages. But we will sign 2 more recruits. Pistol has done yeoman reporting work, Jimmy Olson-style, but those heel-draggers have blown their chance to become Billikens.

My prediction, at this point. is that SLU will get either Randy O or Yacoubou (not both), with the other one going to Pitt. Then, Crews will either grab a transfer who is still out there in June that we haven't heard much of or merely carry over the scholarship to next year's class.

My prediction, at this point. is that SLU will get either Randy O or Yacoubou (not both), with the other one going to Pitt. Then, Crews will either grab a transfer who is still out there in June that we haven't heard much of or merely carry over the scholarship to next year's class.

Randy will NOT be going to Pitt.

There are probably a few transfers we've been in contact with and don't know about, and I never rule out an international player or two.

Townser is going back to SWIC, for what it's worth.

Update for the last two spots. Jesperson is down to UNI and USC, Strawberry is going to prep school, and JaQuail Townser is going back to SWIC:

Randy Onwuasor, PG: 6-3, 190, Inglewood HS, Inglewood, CA. Top Choices: SLU, Miami-Ohio, LSU, Texas Tech, and Pitt. Other offers: UC-Irvine, UC-Riverside, and Cal State-Fullerton. Interest from Tennessee, Tennessee Tech, Seton Hall, Florida State, Arkansas, UNLV, Tulane, New Mexico State, and Utah. Latest (5/23): Onwuasor told Ben Weixlmann he will go on one more visit and make a decision by the end of the month. As it turns out, that visit will be to Texas Tech on 5/28. Previous: Onwuasor has visited SLU and Miami-Ohio. SLU and Miami have both made in-home visits. He will be playing in the Nike Global Challenge in DC in July. He has been retweeting SLU fans a lot, but more recent tweets feature Tennessee, Tennessee Tech, and LSU. A TTU assistant apparently visited, and he now says he plans to visit Knoxville soon. No word on offers from either. Onwuasor has picked up an offer from LSU and has already visited there. What looked like a SLU-Miami race has now opened back up.

Achraf Yacoubou, SG: 6-4, 210, Villanova. Transfer eligible as junior in 2014-2015. Interested in SLU, Pitt, and Georgia Tech. Latest (5/22): Yacoubou will be visiting Pitt on Sunday, 5/26. Kane has reopened his recruitment after changing his mind about Pitt and Vanderbilt will not be allowing Sheldon Jeter to transfer to Pitt, so Yacoubou is Pitt's top transfer target. Previous: Two Tweets from sportswriters on Friday, 5/3 said that Yacoubou visited SLU and will be visiting Pitt and Georgia Tech next. UNLV and Miami are out of contention. According to pantherlair.com writer Matthew Steinbrink, Pitt is focused on Yacoubou, Sheldon Jeter (if he decides to transfer), and DeAndre Kane.

There must be other names.

Jack Mihoff and Mike Hunt are supposed to be coming in for a tandem visit this weekend. Rumblings of an asian player, Phuc Ahl coming in, too. Other than that, I haven't heard anything. Getting pretty slim out there...

Jack Mihoff and Mike Hunt are supposed to be coming in for a tandem visit this weekend. Rumblings of an asian player, Phuc Ahl coming in, too. Other than that, I haven't heard anything. Getting pretty slim out there...

The big man from Arkansas, Hugh G. Reckshun will be on his official this weekend.

Does it really make sense to try to get both. I mean if we can get Hunt, there would be no need for Mihoff. I would got the route of making a real strong sales pitch to Hunt, but if we can't close the deal, after a nice dinner out a Pappy's and maybe a movie, we might have to settle for Mihoff.

Here is the transfer list posted by Jeff Goodman at CBSSports that was updated on Tuesday (5-21). Drew has been added, which is a good sign about the list being current.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/22007798/transfer-list-first-edition

Former SLU recruiting target Martin Bruenig to Montana. Kromah from GW going to UConn and is immediately eligible.

One thing to think about regarding recruiting for 2014, that would be a good time to get one of these who is immediately eligible because we may have an immediate need for an exerienced player. There seem to be more of these type of players every year.

Former SLU recruiting target Martin Bruenig to Montana. Kromah from GW going to UConn and is immediately eligible.

One thing to think about regarding recruiting for 2014, that would be a good time to get one of these who is immediately eligible because we may have an immediate need for an exerienced player. There seem to be more of these type of players every year.

yep, because each generation is getting increasingly shittier and shittier at following through on promises and working hard.

FACT.

10 * LOCK.

Has anyone seen confirmation that Strawberry is going to prep school? The conversation between Darryl and Frank Cusumano had Darryl saying SLU recruited him but he's looking at prep school, and afterward Frank seemed to think that was a done deal, but it didn't seem like it was official, just probable. If anyone can make it official, I'll take him off our list, which is now basically 2 names.

Been a wild year.

"All we got were 2 talented bigs and a very good swingman".

Not a bad haul, but would love to see more.

Very odd that for years we seemed to have trouble getting bigs, but had a reasonable amount of success with guards and this year is the exact opposite.

I wonder if guard recruits see McCall and Jett and assume there will be no playing time for them next year. Also perhaps this is by design and the coaching staff focused a lot more on bigs because we were losing 2 (CR & CE).

Very odd that for years we seemed to have trouble getting bigs, but had a reasonable amount of success with guards and this year is the exact opposite.

I wonder if guard recruits see McCall and Jett and assume there will be no playing time for them next year. Also perhaps this is by design and the coaching staff focused a lot more on bigs because we were losing 2 (CR & CE).

I think our backcourt could come together quickly for 2014-15 and it could happen in a variety of ways. With only McBroom, it would be helpful to add some experience. Still a chance for a transfer now. We also could get an impoact mid-season transfer next winter. Crews has also shown he will consider jucos and we also have had some success with prep school players. There is time. I am not worried... yet.