C& + 5 according to Philly

Taj79

As much as I'd like to believe this is more "proof" of good things it seemed to more of a rehashing of other reports than the author independently adding anything.

Traveling around today I listened to a fair amount of sports talk radio. Both Rammer and Bernie, while making it clear they did not have inside information, were of the belief SLU was in when the new BE went to 12. It didnt sound like they were hedging. On a lesser note both Rammer and his partner were firm that if SLU didnt get in, they thought the MVC was SLU's best option. That would not be my preferred choice. I'd rather wait and see what the A10 did first and who they might add, as was discussed in other threads. If Valpo, Belmont and some others were added, A 10 may still be the best option.

I'd rather wait and see what the A10 did first and who they might add, as was discussed in other threads. If Valpo, Belmont and some others were added, A 10 may still be the best option.

No -- not even something that should be considered.

I believe he means IF we arent in the new Big East then wed have to look at the MVC and a-10 debate again and see who the a-10 adds

It won't matter at that point. Either way we will be mired in a mid-major hell and will become instantly irrelevant

If Larry B truly wants to be a national university and keep an East Coast presence, we will not rejoin the Valley unless there really is no other viable choice. So I think we'll either be in the Big East or the A-10.

I will give up my tickets if we wind up in the Valley

I will be disappointed, but will continue to root for and support SLU almost unconditionally (barring something like a move down to D-II or some crazy bad infractions). Creighton has fared decent for themselves in the Valley, perhaps SLU could do the same.

I had no desire to be in the Valley before they lost Creighton.

If we join a Creighton-less Valley the most success we can hope for is a sweet 16 trip every couple of decades.

I don't think thats what Dr Chaifetz had in mind when he contributed to the new arena

None of this is going to matter though. I am confident we will wind up in the Big East

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="SLUDrew" data-cid="348069" data-time="1362176444"><p>

I will give up my tickets if we wind up in the Valley</p></blockquote>

well thats pretty extreme.

Most Bills fans have already followed them while they were in the Valley. Im pretty sure they wont stop.

I still don't know why Creighton's ahead of us in the first 3. Butler and X yes, Creighton no. Of course a rising tide raises all boats and CU will go forward as a force because they'll be selling recruits on a great conference. I just hope, and believe it to be so, that Fox wants 12. Leaving it at 10, leaves a big open hole in their national network, ie the St. Louis market. Not so much Dayton, since X and the flyers share the same market. Actually am pretty surprised DU got in ahead of the Spiders, but who really cares as long as we're in it. I just hope we don't find out Fr. B went into this on the cheap, ie I'll wait a year to save a mil. We''ll all be worrying about this if on Tuesday they announce their 3 new additions and something like, "we're looking at adding more teams in the future."

I still don't know why Creighton's ahead of us in the first 3. Butler and X yes, Creighton no. Of course a rising tide raises all boats and CU will go forward as a force because they'll be selling recruits on a great conference. I just hope, and believe it to be so, that Fox wants 12. Leaving it at 10, leaves a big open hole in their national network, ie the St. Louis market. Not so much Dayton, since X and the flyers share the same market. Actually am pretty surprised DU got in ahead of the Spiders, but who really cares as long as we're in it. I just hope we don't find out Fr. B went into this on the cheap, ie I'll wait a year to save a mil. We''ll all be worrying about this if on Tuesday they announce their 3 new additions and something like, "we're looking at adding more teams in the future."

Your last statement would be the kiss of death.

"We''ll all be worrying about this if on Tuesday they announce their 3 new additions and something like, "we're looking at adding more teams in the future."We''ll all be worrying about this if on Tuesday they announce their 3 new additions and something like, "we're looking at adding more teams in the future."

Your last statement would be the kiss of death.

+1, in this scenario it must be SLU is in or not. Otherwise the speculation will be endless.

The ability to deliver far more students to saint louis university. The east coast is the slu target area.

Also, like minded schools. If creighton is gone then no mvc schools fill that bill.

Last, it always amuses me that A-10 bashers play the extreme fordham and st bonnies vs siu card. Personally i have absolutely no interest i. Evansville, wichita, cedar rapids college or trips to peoria

P.s. After the way southwest missouri burned rickma, that alone should be enough to stay out of the mvc. If i remember correctly, rickma said we would never ever schedule southwest mo st ever again