C7 News and Rumors

SLUDrew

I don't know, but there was a "report" that a SLU fan tried to trip a VCU? fan during a game this year, so I'd like to not hold the rumored actions of a few rogue fans against an entire program.

And my experience with Butler fans in Indy was nothing but positive.

Agreed.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, weren't you just defending Butler for announcing their departure from the A-10 during the A-10 tournament? Yet, now you are making a sweeping statement about their fans and how they are not classy due to a report about one spitting on a SLU fan?

*scratches head -- then realizes this is grunky*

Nevermind. Carry on.

Ha ha, was just wondering the exact same thing.

Uh, weren't you just defending Butler for announcing their departure from the A-10 during the A-10 tournament? Yet, now you are making a sweeping statement about their fans and how they are not classy due to a report about one spitting on a SLU fan?

*scratches head -- then realizes this is grunky*

Nevermind. Carry on.

yes, i defended them for turning in their papers asap. i wont get my panties in a bunch over that. it's just business. and my point was... what makes butler so "classy" in the first place? if winning makes you classy, then yes.. they have been classy for a while now. but when i hear stories like the one shared by a poster on this board involving spit, yes.. the program's "class" takes a hit by my regard.

Andy Katz just tweeted:

The new Big East is making the right move going to just 10 teams. That's the perfect basketball number. Round robin. 18 league games.

---------------

Seems like C7 had leverage on Fox the whole time. No doubt Fox wants us, probably reeeeeeal bad. But, in the end, C7 was the shot caller.

i knew & stated it was very bad news that Fox gave the C7 no real incentive to add 5. We needed Fox to mandate that they go 12 (which would definitely include us), but unfortunately they didn't. Just gotta enjoy this season, and hope for the best regarding the future.

Grunky is seeming somewhat troll-y.

Even a lttle posty?

Grunky doesn't seem like a Billikens fan to me. Seems to revel in events which could be negative.

1. Things are going the exact way we thought they would no need to freak out yet. Lets just beat the holy fuok out of Butler in 12 hours we are team number 11 with Dayton or Richmond being 12 its happening book it the announcement will be made before June.

2. How much would I have to donate to get grunky banned or at least can someone tell me how to do the ignore list thing

Grunky doesn't seem like a Billikens fan to me. Seems to revel in events which could be negative.

oh, like the "Cody Ellis Appreciation" thread I started after all of you were bashing the hell out of him after his 0-15 performance.

if you look at this history of this thread, i called what happened today looong ago. and i got crushed for it, just as i am now. i understand the truth & the reality of the situation hurts, and right now as a Billikens fan for over 10 years i am hurting too. but, attacks on me isn't going to change anything.. it's like kicking the dog after a crappy day at the office.

oh, like the "Cody Ellis Appreciation" thread I started after all of you were bashing the hell out of him after his 0-15 performance.

if you look at this history of this thread, i called what happened today looong ago. and i got crushed for it, just as i am now. i understand the truth & the reality of the situation hurts, and right now as a Billikens fan for over 10 years i am hurting too. but, attacks on me isn't going to change anything.. it's like kicking the dog after a crappy day at the office.

Every good troll knows you've got to keep up appearances from time to time.....

I hope May has a backup plan in place...

And I hope that backup plan isn't staying in the A10 with Fordham and St. Bonaventure.

And Dayton and VCU?

Man am I glad we're not going to the Big East with Depaul and Seton Hall. See how it works?

What backup plan even exists, anyway? The best I see they can hope for as of now is that the A-10 now go hard after some other bball-only decent schools like George Mason or something.

Also, to be honest I don't understand some of the piling on grunky. Yeah, he says a lot of stuff I don't like too, and yeah, he's been incessantly negative, but honestly, where are the reasons to be positive about this?

All along, I thought we had all our eggs in the "FOX $$$ will control this process, FOX wants twelve teams, and if they go to twelve teams, we're in" basket. It was my understanding that it was on that basis that the reporting people were predicting the expansion to twelve teams, as well. But so far, all we've seen is that FOX actually offered no real incentive, $$$ or otherwise, for them to go to twelve teams, thereby effectively dashing any real reason we had for hope. Is grunky not right to point that out?

Grunk. You have posted so much garbage not only in this thread but in others as well. I certainly have no idea what you predicted and what you didn't. Frankly, I don't think you know what you said either.

1. As far SLU getting into the Big East/C7 if it only has ten (10) teams is concerned, then I don't think there is a single poster on this Board that realistcally thinks/thought we'd be one of the ten (10). If this is you great contribution to the Board, then again, you have added nothing.

2. As far as should SLU be the 10th school ahead of Creighton, again, I believe most on this Board believe we should be added ahead of a Creighton for a number of reasons. Also, believe most would blame ourselves for not building Chaifetz sooner, for not investing more money into the program over the years and for not accomplishing more over the last 30 years. Again, you have added nothing to topic.

3. As far as whether or not the C7 goes to ten (10) teams or twelve (12) teams, again, that is still to be determined. You have repeatedly told us that Fox has not made things financially attractive enough to make the conference 12 teams. If that is your big accomplishment, be reminded that you are not the only one to list the financial figures. Did you list them first? I don't know, but assuming you did, I would have rather waited an extra few hours to read them from someone else who is not annoying like you are.

4. If the C7 goes to 12 teams in 2014 (as is still being reported) then SLU looks to be in good shape and yet you keep saying all signs are pointing to your predictions? You are a joke!!

We have no other choice other than to stay in the A-10. Seriously what's different about the A-10 from one year ago? X and Temple are gone. I'd like to see CM/JC get a couple of good games to replace those 2. Maybe JC can get his alma mater to play us. And maybe we can get a game w/ Temple or X. Obviously, the A-10 will have to do some soul searching as to replacements, but we are a 12 team league and that's plenty for next year.

Once again, I don't see the logic behind CU in over us, but it is what it is. When the Beast officially announces I'm hoping someone from the ST Louis media asks the question why would you leap frog SLU and go 300-400 miles further west to a smaller TV market?

I don't think the Beast is going to say squat about expanding beyond the 10 when they do announce their recent additions. Something like we'll explore that going forward. Fox has to be scratching their head a little, but obviously they weren't driving this bus.

Also, would like to know just what kind of a sales job SLU did during this period. I can see why the C7 chose Butler. They didn't want this to be a "religious" conference. They wanted it to be the best non BCS league.

We all wanted this so bad for so long it's damned depressing not to be included. But we've got to look ahead. Dominate a still solid A-10 next year, get our third invite in a row, get the HC situation figured out, and recruit our arses off. But the most important thing we have to do is for FR. B and his circle of Billiken Big Boosters get together and decide to increase our commitment to BB and athletics in general. He's got to know now that while he was trying to position us for inclusion, he didn't do enough when we first joined the A-10, ie go all out for a good HC and expand the BB budget.