C7 News and Rumors

SLUDrew

A Jersey Guy just made another C7 update in his latest blog post, makes no mention of any expansion past 10, ever.

I know he is just he has been so so in the past and none of this is concrete, don't jump down my throat, just attempting to keep aggregating all of the possible updates into this thread.

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=5731

Personally, I don't believe we will know anything until after this is a National Champion.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They will end up going to 12, whether it's in 2013 or 2014. Fox wants that number and will pay for it, they need 12 teams to fill content and cover more markets. Fox wants to compete with ESPN, is paying big money and will get their number in the end.

They will end up going to 12, whether it's in 2013 or 2014. Fox wants that number and will pay for it, they need 12 teams to fill content and cover more markets. Fox wants to compete with ESPN, is paying big money and will get their number in the end.

I agree. The only thing I don't get, thought I agree with the sentiments of big business decisions being played close to the chest, is why, when everything else has leaked on this topic, has the number of teams not been leaked yet?

That's really all that concerns or confuses me.

I agree. The only thing I don't get, thought I agree with the sentiments of big business decisions being played close to the chest, is why, when everything else has leaked on this topic, has the number of teams not been leaked yet?

That's really all that concerns or confuses me.

Most reports have said the league will eventually go to 12. Somebody must have leaked that detail right?

Jersey guy is clearly connected when it comes to the American 12 teams and that is really where most of his breaking news has come. I'm pretty sure when it comes to the big east teams he just repeats what others have said with little additional value.

Friggin' domers. Good riddance!!!

Do you know how many sports their athletic department fields? A whopping 24! Most of the Catholic 7 fields 12-16 teams. The ACC is the best landing spot for the Irish:

Men's Sports (12)

FOOTBALL

BASEBALL

BASKETBALL

CROSS COUNTRY

FENCING

GOLF

HOCKEY

LACROSSE

SOCCER

SWIMMING & DIVING

TENNIS

TRACK & FIELD

Women's Sports (12)

LACROSSE

SWIMMING & DIVING

TENNIS

SOCCER

BASKETBALL

GOLF

FENCING

CROSS COUNTRY

ROWING

SOFTBALL

TRACK & FIELD

VOLLEYBALL

Do you know how many sports their athletic department fields? A whopping 24! Most of the Catholic 7 fields 12-16 teams. The ACC is the best landing spot for the Irish:

Men's Sports (12)

FOOTBALL

BASEBALL

BASKETBALL

CROSS COUNTRY

FENCING

GOLF

HOCKEY

LACROSSE

SOCCER

SWIMMING & DIVING

TENNIS

TRACK & FIELD

Women's Sports (12)

LACROSSE

SWIMMING & DIVING

TENNIS

SOCCER

BASKETBALL

GOLF

FENCING

CROSS COUNTRY

ROWING

SOFTBALL

TRACK & FIELD

VOLLEYBALL

They also had wrestling until the early 90s. I think Bob Golic played football and wrestled at ND. You might remember him as this guy:

savedbythebell.jpg

A Jersey Guy just made another C7 update in his latest blog post, makes no mention of any expansion past 10, ever.

I know he is just he has been so so in the past and none of this is concrete, don't jump down my throat, just attempting to keep aggregating all of the possible updates into this thread.

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=5731

Personally, I don't believe we will know anything until after this is a National Champion.

from the entry:

"Expansion–Butler and Xavier are the primary targets, with Creighton not far behind, which will give the new Big East a 10 team league for 2014, a configuration which will allow a double round robin home and home conference 18 game schedule."

this is exactly what i was saying.... buuuuuuuuuuut noone wanted to believe me!! Fox gave C7 no real incentive to expand past 10... therefore, we screwed!!

from the entry:

"Expansion–Butler and Xavier are the primary targets, with Creighton not far behind, which will give the new Big East a 10 team league for 2014, a configuration which will allow a double round robin home and home conference 18 game schedule."

this is exactly what i was saying.... buuuuuuuuuuut noone wanted to believe me!! Fox gave C7 no real incentive to expand past 10... therefore, we screwed!!

Grunk. Shut up already. You have posted this same nonsense over and over and over again. We get your point. Enough.

They also had wrestling until the early 90s. I think Bob Golic played football and wrestled at ND. You might remember him as this guy:

savedbythebell.jpg

In addition, Notre Dame has both D1 hockey as well as "club" hockey which is D2 (same as SLU, Lindenwood, MO State, Mizzou, Indiana, etc.) In fact, I was at ND a few months back, and noticed curling markings on the ice of their second ice rink (a really impressive, brand new on-campus building which houses both sheets of ice and located not far from the football stadium) so I presume they have curling as well.

Grunk. Shut up already. You have posted this same nonsense over and over and over again. We get your point. Enough.

Ah shite, sorry, didn't mean to give Grunk more ammo.

I'll show myself the door and patiently wait like I promised.

Ah shite, sorry, didn't mean to give Grunk more ammo.

I'll show myself the door and patiently wait like I promised.

PreBill. Post all you want. At least your posts, such as your last adding a link/article, add to the discussion. As to Grunk, I believe he has posted the same thing in all of his 318 posts of worthless dribble.

PreBill. Post all you want. At least your posts, such as your last adding a link/article, add to the discussion. As to Grunk, I believe he has posted the same thing in all of his 318 posts of worthless dribble.

i want an apology when we are left out.

Well, almost everything has been the same. He also said MM is a dumbass and sucks in one of the GDTs.

True enough but the big east doesn't house hockey, so that isn't a factor.

ND (and uconn) is joining the hockey east next year. The HE is the best league in the country and currently includes Providence as the only BE school.

In addition, Notre Dame has both D1 hockey as well as "club" hockey which is D2 (same as SLU, Lindenwood, MO State, Mizzou, Indiana, etc.) In fact, I was at ND a few months back, and noticed curling markings on the ice of their second ice rink (a really impressive, brand new on-campus building which houses both sheets of ice and located not far from the football stadium) so I presume they have curling as well.

Dayton joining this year without SLU would suck. Travel for all sports would become even worse and exactly who would we be excited about playing next year in the A10? No X, Butler, Temple, or Dayton on the schedule. VCU would be a big game, but that is it.

Dayton joining this year without SLU would suck. Travel for all sports would become even worse and exactly who would we be excited about playing next year in the A10? No X, Butler, Temple, or Dayton on the schedule. VCU would be a big game, but that is it.

+1

That would be a brutal lame duck year. We lose all three easy road trips. We'll have to go full force at Valpo.

Plus, we're a senior-laden team next year with a chance to be special. I'd hate to waste that in our last year of a seriously down A10. Not to mention what our roster could look like in the first year of Big East play.

+1

That would be a brutal lame duck year. We lose all three easy road trips. We'll have to go full force at Valpo.

Plus, we're a senior-laden team next year with a chance to be special. I'd hate to waste that in our last year of a seriously down A10. Not to mention what our roster could look like in the first year of Big East play.

In a lame duck final season in the A10, I wonder if any of the C7 + 3 schools would throw us a bone and schedule non-conference games with us.