Tournament Seeding

JMM28

Right now Lunardi has us as a 6 seed.

Looking down the road, we are favored in all of our remaining games according to The Wiz. If we win out, I think 5 is our floor regardless of the A10 tournament.

Winning out plus winning the A10T would give us a projected RPI of 10. Does that put our ceiling at a 3 seed?

Right now Lunardi has us as a 6 seed.

Looking down the road, we are favored in all of our remaining games according to The Wiz. If we win out, I think 5 is our floor regardless of the A10 tournament.

Winning out plus winning the A10T would give us a projected RPI of 10. Does that put our ceiling at a 3 seed?

Well, if someone who calls himself 'The Wiz' says so.....lol.

I would agree however that winning out probably results in a 3 seed (maybe 2?). I would still be happy with a 4 seed, if that's where things wind up.

I would agree however that winning out probably results in a 3 seed (maybe 2?). I would still be happy with a 4 seed, if that's where things wind up.

What?? Was the last time you were on this board was when Spoon coached?

If you followed this board for the last 5 or so years you would know the Wiz is never wrong.

The Wiz is the best handicapper in the business.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="slu72" data-cid="346237" data-time="1361746085"><p>

Oh, jeez not the dreaded 5-12 seed. Noooooo. We want 6-11 or 4-13. 5-12's has been the suicide seed over the years. I always pick at least two 12's to beat the five and it's paid off big time. </p></blockquote>.

Thats true but its.normally because a "mid major" is underseeded and a bcs school is overseeded.

Id be happy with a 5 seed.

Perhaps, you need to check the A-10 prediction thread this week where I finished 6-0 including 2 games within 1/2 point a third game within 3.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="slu72" data-cid="346237" data-time="1361746085"><p>

Oh, jeez not the dreaded 5-12 seed. Noooooo. We want 6-11 or 4-13. 5-12's has been the suicide seed over the years. I always pick at least two 12's to beat the five and it's paid off big time. </p></blockquote>.

Thats true but its.normally because a "mid major" is underseeded and a bcs school is overseeded.

Id be happy with a 5 seed.

+1

The ESPN Insider post on another thread confirms we will probably be underseeded.

Well we're really favored in every game based on any system. @X would be the only close one....... and considering we were only a 2pt dog @BU, I think we'll be favored by a bunch in a couple weeks.

Jerry Palm bumps us from a bubble team to a 4 seed in his latest bracket.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

Yeah, Jerry Palm. I'm glad Tim McKernan read my Tweet to him on the air the other day.

I know it's a few weeks before we'll know for sure, but I've been mentally making travel plans for months. Here's where the seeds are playing:

4 and 13, 5 and 12: San Jose, KC, Austin, San Jose

3 and 14, 6 and 11: Dayton, Philly, Salt Lake, Austin

2 and 15, 7 and 10: KC, Detroit, Detroit, Lexington

1 and 16, 8 and 9: Dayton, Lexington, Salt Lake, Philly

I'm not sure I'd want us to end up with a 4 or 5-seed. 50% chance of having to go all the way to San Jose and only a 25% chance of a game in driving distance for the bulk of our fan base. Plus, the 5-seed is a notorious trap. I guess if we played our way up to a 4-seed it would mean we're on an absolute tear and I'd love to see a 13 in the first round and a 5 or 12 in the second. But that still seems like a long shot to me.

A 6-seed also only gives us 1 drivable game but that would be a great situation- an arena we've played in (and won in) a lot, with an 11 seed followed by a 3 or 14.

But if we want better odds of our fans showing up, we might be rooting for a 7, 8, 9, or 10 seed.