VCU Board

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really not afraid of VCU and the team sure as hell isn't either. Give me New Mexico or Butler over VCU any day of the week. We will get a few dunks off their press early on and won't let up.

68-45 Bills.

I think VCU is the best team of the three teams you mentioned.

I don't get the Cody flops idea.

What Cody does is anticipate, get his feet set, and absorb the contact without moving. Try standing still and letting someone run into you and not falling. They don't have to hit you hard for you to fall over. Many blocking calls are due to the defender turning away from contact or moving slightly to avoid it including stepping back to stay up. Cody keeps his feet set which is why he goes down a lot.

For the VCU readers ... how dare we think we will win. Just doesn't make sense.

I don't know that he flops, which i view as falling with little or no contact. I think he embellishes, which i view as taking contact and making it look worse. The embellishment gets under every non-Billiken fans' skin.

There is no doubt that Cody plays solid defense and gets set in position to take charges.

Havoc wants to punch you square in the nose by getting a couple of turnovers and going up 7-10 quickly. We have to punch first.

+1

The first 5 minutes are likely to set the tone of this game. Punch first and punch hard, very hard.

Are you saying the coaches don't read this board and game plan around what I have to say?

If this turns out to be true, this board is no longer of use to me.

Before we played Washington this season, on this board I said that we "ambushed" them last year. A couple days later, Romar used that exact same word in describing what we did to them last year. Clearly he was reading this board.

Fans get excited about games like this. It is fun to talk a little smack. But two good teams will take the floor on Tuesday and the players will decide who wins, not the SLU and VCU smack talking fans!

Looking forward to a good game and hoping SLU wins over a great VCU squad!

I'm really not afraid of VCU and the team sure as hell isn't either. Give me New Mexico or Butler over VCU any day of the week. We will get a few dunks off their press early on and won't let up.68-45 Bills.

I am not overly worried about them. I think VCU is the best team we will play all year outside of KU. I just think we are that much better than them right now. I donKt ever recall a Billiken team playing anywhere close to the level we are playing at right now.

The game that scares me is LaSalle. A quick turn around after after a road game, senior night, probably a chance to lock up an outright title, probably will be the most media to ever cover a Billiken regular season game........... all that means lots of distractions for a quality opponent.

I am not overly worried about them. I think VCU is the best team we will play all year outside of KU. I just think we are that much better than them right now. I donKt ever recall a Billiken team playing anywhere close to the level we are playing at right now.

The game that scares me is LaSalle. A quick turn around after after a road game, senior night, probably a chance to lock up an outright title, probably will be the most media to ever cover a Billiken regular season game........... all that means lots of distractions for a quality opponent.

Not to mention La Salle fighting for an at large bid

From their board:

SLU is not an offensive monster, they are definitely going to turn it over.................SLU is going to shoot a low %.

Ya see......that's where they're wrong. Literally the opposite of what we've done all year. Even in losses, that's not how we play. We don't lose because of turnovers.