Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do too.

Here is how I would rank them right now

VCU...........A

New Mex....A-

But..............B+

Just win 2

its hard to to say with butler, they have knocked off two top 5 teams. thats whats so special about 3 pt teams, either they are are the best or worse any given day

HAHAH a vcu fan said this regarding other vcu fans making fun of codys blue hair...

"So the most tattooed city in america is getting bent out of shape over a streak of blue hair dye?

The guy is gonna give us fits no matter what he looks like."

I went over there yesterday just to get the gist of what they saying. Besides the chest pounding about Havoc and how smart Smart is, it was a lot about nothing. Note to VCU, your mascot is a Ram right alongside about a 100 other college teams. Really shows imagination. To the best of my knowledge only one team in the country uses the Billikens. Finally, the last time I visited there were 12 pages of messages. Wow, that's a lot of attention being paid to an opponent who you think you're going to eat for lunch.

I found it intresting that someone from this board posted they joined their board durring the CBI.(forgot who and dont feel like looking)

Anyway their response was "wow you have beem around longer than.most of our regular posters."

They talk a big game about their awesome fan base, but after reading that it seems they are a bunch of bandwagon fans.

I found it intresting that someone from this board posted they joined their board durring the CBI.(forgot who and dont feel like looking)

Anyway their response was "wow you have beem around longer than.most of our regular posters."

They talk a big game about their awesome fan base, but after reading that it seems they are a bunch of bandwagon fans.

-after we win the NCAA tourney our bandwagon will get real full, also, it just happens and probably everywhere

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="JMM28" data-cid="343824" data-time="1361283447"><p>

They have multiple marketing persons necessitating the use of the word people? <br />

<br />

<br />

No storming the court. The only way I am in favor of court storming is if it is done every single victory. Rockhurst or Duke. Storm it!</p></blockquote>

And win or lose, just storm the court.

They were running out assistant AD's and marketing people to try to stop the kids at the Butler game. So disappointing.

Go see the kids storm the court.

Bobby, I have pretty much not had a problem with what you have posted for the last year. However, this statement is just blatantly false, 100%. The athletic department asked myself and slufan13 if we were going to storm and after a decision among the first 5 rows or so (we went back and forth several times on the decision between 5 minute and 3 minute marks) we finally decided to do it. The athletic department and security then evacuated most, if not all, of the media from in front of the section and allowed everyone to come down. The reason they did not move the barricade all the way was for safety which I'm totally on board with. You don't want a great victory like that spoiled by a serious injury or death of a student.

Bobby, I have pretty much not had a problem with what you have posted for the last year. However, this statement is just blatantly false, 100%. The athletic department asked myself and slufan13 if we were going to storm and after a decision among the first 5 rows or so (we went back and forth several times on the decision between 5 minute and 3 minute marks) we finally decided to do it. The athletic department and security then evacuated most, if not all, of the media from in front of the section and allowed everyone to come down. The reason they did not move the barricade all the way was for safety which I'm totally on board with. You don't want a great victory like that spoiled by a serious injury or death of a student.

+1 I also think that beating VCU does not qualify storming the court since we are favored as was mentioned before

You know what was on ESPN for highlights when we beat Butler? The students storming the court. Now, I guess this could be viewed one of two ways by a potential recruit (who I'm much more concerned about than the average fan that laughs at us for storming the court):

1. that's lame, why storm the court when they whooped the #9 team at home.

2. that's pretty cool. Looks like a good atmosphere with fans/students that give a damn.

I'd bet #2 is how a majority of the recruits view it.

Again, I'm all for whatever gets more folks involved with SLU basketball. Storm the damn court. Have fun. Show people that ball at SLU is alive.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="JMM28" data-cid="343824" data-time="1361283447"><p>

They have multiple marketing persons necessitating the use of the word people? <br />

<br />

<br />

No storming the court. The only way I am in favor of court storming is if it is done every single victory. Rockhurst or Duke. Storm it!</p></blockquote>

And win or lose, just storm the court.

True. The first one out has to knock out the biggest guy on the other team anyways, so might as well do it win or lose.

Storming the court for any game that seems to have some importance seems to be the in thing in college basketball. Wisconsin who has been there before stormed the court after beating Michigan the other night. Hell, Ohio coming off a sweet 16 stormed the court after beating f'ing Kent State.

Seriously? It's the 26th ranked team playing the 24th ranked team. The Bills are at home and favored. They're within a 1/2 game of each other in the conference standings. This isn't some David vs. Goliath matchup.

+1

Quit storming the court against conference rivals. We're at home. We're expected to win these games. I didn't like it against Butler and I don't think it is a good idea tonight. You are showing these conference foes WAY too much respect. These are not your father's Billikens... These are the MF-ing BILLIKENS who should be expected to go out and kick some a$$.