Bills by 2 over Butler

The Wiz

I just think that the "running on the court" is overused and should only be like back in the day when, for example, a #1 team is a 20-point favorite and lose on the road. Act like you deserve to win and been there before.

Plus NCAA basketball rankings really don't mean a damn' thing anymore (or ever, for that matter.)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All Beware Rotnei Clarke!! This guy is a legend in this godforsaken state. He is said to be the best shooter Oklahoma has ever produced. He came from a relatively small school near Tulsa. I saw him play against OU his freshman year and no one they had could guard him. Arkansas was horrible that night and they got their assses kicked, but dude was amazing. I would really like to see us limit his open looks tonight.

KEY game of the year, if we win we are back in the hunt, the resume looks so much better. We need it much more then they do, we cannot afford to lose this one then try to win at Butler later and to boot we have some other risky road games ahead.

Butler is ranked # 9 or whatever but not really worthy of that ranking... but have some high profile wins and are hot, on a 13-1 streak.

2 point favorites... LV wants people to jump on Butler and the points.

We will pull away in the end, win by 8-10 pts. JJ will be a key on "D".

Since SLU is a 2-point favorite, then a victory should not warrant students going onto the court if SLU is victorious, correct?

+1 I totally agreee. These are not your father's Billikens. Don't get me wrong, they are an outstanding team and had the two amazing Final Four runs, but let's get real. This is basically a pick-em game against a conference opponent. We should go into this thinking we can and should win. They are slightly better than New Mexico was when we beat them and nobody was storming the court, granted there were no students there, but you get my point. Storming the court is showing them way too much respect. This is not Sodie knocking off #2 Louisville. If we believe we are an NCAA Tournament caliber team, which I do, winning this game should not be a shock that warrants storming the court. If students are excited and want to act crazy, go storm the softball field after the game and act like idiots, but don't show Butler too much respect. Heck, just last year, they were a team with an RPI over 100, while we were Dancing.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="ACE" data-cid="338863" data-time="1359651901"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="havelj" data-cid="338847" data-time="1359650185"><p>Since SLU is a 2-point favorite, then a victory should not warrant students going onto the court if SLU is victorious, correct?</p></blockquote>

<br />

+1 I totally agreee. These are not your father's Billikens. Don't get me wrong, they are an outstanding team and had the two amazing Final Four runs, but let's get real. This is basically a pick-em game against a conference opponent. We should go into this thinking we can and should win. They are slightly better than New Mexico was when we beat them and nobody was storming the court, granted there were no students there, but you get my point. Storming the court is showing them way too much respect. This is not Sodie knocking off #2 Louisville. If we believe we are an NCAA Tournament caliber team, which I do, winning this game should not be a shock that warrants storming the court. If students are excited and want to act crazy, go storm the softball field after the game and act like idiots, but don't show Butler too much respect. Heck, just last year, they were a team with an RPI over 100, while we were Dancing.</p></blockquote>

+10000

I would have to disagree about butler not being worthy of the ranking... Stevens said when he beat Gonzaga that butler wasn't a top ten team ... And after they lost to lasalle his peers and voters said "yes you are"

And kept them there.

Their only loses are to X way back in November before they found their stride to a ranked Illinois who at the time was kickin butt and to lasalle before Clarke ...

I would have to disagree about butler not being worthy of the ranking... Stevens said when he beat Gonzaga that butler wasn't a top ten team ... And after they lost to lasalle his peers and voters said "yes you are"

And kept them there.

Their only loses are to X way back in November before they found their stride to a ranked Illinois who at the time was kickin butt and to lasalle before Clarke ...

You might be worthy, but we are better.

christ, we better not storm the court as a favorite.

It depends on how the game is won. While I'm not a student and am someone who would be highly unlikely to rush the court even if I were -- because of personal safety concerns -- if the Bills were to win on a last-second shot after trailing most of the game before mounting a furious comeback with the crowd "willing" them back, then I would completely understand a spontaneous storm of the court.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="brianstl" data-cid="338903" data-time="1359659118"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="rudymcgowern" data-cid="338897"><p>I would have to disagree about butler not being worthy of the ranking... Stevens said when he beat Gonzaga that butler wasn't a top ten team ... And after they lost to lasalle his peers and voters said "yes you are"<br />

And kept them there.<br />

Their only loses are to X way back in November before they found their stride to a ranked Illinois who at the time was kickin butt and to lasalle before Clarke ...</p></blockquote>

You might be worthy, but we are better.</p></blockquote>

christ, we better not storm the court as a favorite.

The first thought in my head when fans unnecessarily storm court in pretty even games is ‘Act Like You Been Here Before’ but as much as I would not to like to admit it SLU basketball hasn’t been here before, or at least in a long time. Butler has overachieved so far this year and their ranking is pumped up maybe a bit higher than it should but I wouldn’t care if the students rushed the court even though I would personally be against it being favored and all but it will be the best win ever at the Chaif after we take down a top ten team