bonwich

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another team under 50.

Defense, you may rest until Friday.

EXACTLY. another team under 50. i rang in the new year with a bunch of new mexico grads. i shoved this sh!t in their faces all night. HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE. what a win, boys.

GO BILLS.

great recap on espn. remekun getting lots of HATE on there.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=323660139

"I was just trying to be a little more aggressive out there, doing what the team needs me to do," Remekun said. "It feels a little different -- but it feels good, too."

"I've always talked about him doing the little things that don't show up in the stat sheet, which he continues to do," Crews said. "That was neat for a kid who is a senior and has invested as much time as he has in this program to come out and play like that against a good team."

"This was by far the best half we've played all year," Ellis said. "Playing defense like that is so much fun. It's a huge momentum swing."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS. did you ever think, when ellis was a freshman, that he'd be such an overall solid ballplayer? i mean he still drains the threes like an MF, but dude is all about defense these days.

BEAST MODE, BILLIES. beautiful.

I know the stats won't necessarily show it, but Rob had a great first half. It might have been his best half of defense in a bills uniform.

Agree. And some offense too. It helped that he got some points right at the hoop early and then actually drained a 3 before missing as usual later.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Box and Won" data-cid="334118" data-time="1357056581"><p>

<br />

He really did. He's seemed more confident over the last 2-3 games.</p></blockquote>

Yeah. He had a really good game especially defensively. He is a good shooter so his shot will start to fall. We have won 7 straight without much from Rob, this team still has another level or 2 to reach and I think they will

-as has been said, we played them at a good time in their schedule for us

-if Alford's description of the technicals is what happened he has a beef, imo

-their #53 could end up being a really good player, either in college or NBA

-CE's description of playing defense like that as "fun" you have come a long, long, long way!!! what an impressive addition to his game

-CR, very good game

-I was a bit disappointed in the number of people in attendance but it did get loud for other than the ball toss

-MM is a very, very good player who might be underappreciated

-JB was playing strong defense as well

-KM, let it come a little bit more

-good win, real good

-now no let down of Friday

My only concern was that in certain moments of the second half, we played like uncertain freshmen instead of juniors, seniors and fifth-year seniors. UNM had one play .... Kendall Williams drives left off of Kirk and either shoots or dumps it back to Kirk for a three. That seemed to be the poorest #20 team I have ever seen. Obviously, the writers must have just read allabout upsetting Cincy and voted from there. To go out of the polls to #20 in one fell swoop is extremely difficult for anyone. I thought they might be 24 or 25 coming in. Snell showed very little and Greenwood was horrible.

My only concern was that in certain moments of the second half, we played like uncertain freshmen instead of juniors, seniors and fifth-year seniors. UNM had one play .... Kendall Williams drives left off of Kirk and either shoots or dumps it back to Kirk for a three. That seemed to be the poorest #20 team I have ever seen. Obviously, the writers must have just read allabout upsetting Cincy and voted from there. To go out of the polls to #20 in one fell swoop is extremely difficult for anyone. I thought they might be 24 or 25 coming in. Snell showed very little and Greenwood was horrible.

my concluision of new mexico "upsetting cincy" is that cincy is likely overated as well.

Rob Loe had one of his greatest 1-2 minute stretches in the first half. He hit a 3, then he drew a charge, then he had that drive to the hoop for the layup and the foul. Unfortunately he followed that up by air balling the free throw.

I have been waiting for Rob's entire SLU career to see him make a play like that drive to the hoop. When he signed with SLU, I had seen a video of him with the NZ youth national team where he had driven to the hoop and dunked it. I thought that if we could have a big guy who could do that, we be really set. I just hadn't seen anything like that until last night.

We paid off the refs last night according to a large quantity of nutjob Lobo fans on twitter...

If you honestly watch that game from a lobo fan perspective, I'm not sure a can disagree.

If someone bumps Cody Ellis at Humphreys, does he fall to the ground out of habit? The guy is a stud.

I actually ran into Cody at a bar a few weeks ago and while he didn't fall to the ground. He responded enthusiastically that he prefers taking charges over making threes.

i agree prior to the double technical we had all the calls. but after the technical tracy and the boys were trying their darnest to make it up to the pouting stevie alford.