Remembering Coach on Sunday

Nothing on slubillikens.com yet. Strange.

I hope the athletic department is working all night to put together a fitting tribute to Rick at tomorrow's game. I'm sure more will come later, but it will be a tough day for everyone tomorrow, and they need to properly acknowledge the guy tomorrow. The players should wear some type of patch on their jerseys the rest of the season in his memory.

And now that he's in a better place, I sure hope Rick will be watching his Bills play, nudging them when they need it and helping that ball find the basket a little more often. An angel in the rafters?

The AD better be working overtime to have black ribbons on their unis. Sad day for his family, friends, Billiken nation, and college hoops. Just a note to add how special he was; the announcement of his death was the hottest topic on Yahoo. I don't think any of us fully realize what a special man we had coaching our Billikens. He was the heir to the legend of Al. God, I hope this lights a fire under our kids and they go on to have the season that had him so excited before his illness prevented him from coaching.

How? I watched on TV and thought, for once, he did a decent job.

Depending on how you took it, I could see his "And I am sure he would appreciate it... now rise for the national anthem" as cutting off the crowd from cheering. No idea how it sounded in the arena.

He should have simply said "thank you" after the moment of silence to give people the chance to give an ovation, then asked for people to rise for the national anthem. I guess it wasn't in his script.

Depending on how you took it, I could see his "And I am sure he would appreciate it... now rise for the national anthem" as cutting off the crowd from cheering. No idea how it sounded in the arena.

I was there. It was weird. In the middle of cheering Guy just started talking.

Right you are.

It would have nice to let the ovation build for a bit longer or until the fans were ready to conclude their show of gratitude for Coach on their own. Most of the crowd was just getting ready to join the student and band sections riCK-MAjerus chant BUT I guess Guy thought it was time to move on to the national anthem ................

It would have nice to let the ovation build for a bit longer or until the fans were ready to conclude their show of gratitude for Coach on their own. Most of the crowd was just getting ready to join the student and band sections riCK-MAjerus chant BUT I guess Guy thought it was time to move on to the national anthem ................

And then our team physician had to double as the towel boy because no one on the game management staff could figure out how to mop up wet spots on the court. Guy is but a symptom of a much larger, much more pervasive problem. Perhaps the athletic department should follow suit and simply hire Fleishman-Hillard to address it.

And then our team physician had to double as the towel boy because no one on the game management staff could figure out how to mop up wet spots on the court. Guy is but a symptom of a much larger, much more pervasive problem. Perhaps the athletic department should follow suit and simply hire Fleishman-Hillard to address it.

+1

-is it possible with it being a tv game there was a bit more of a time constraint on what could be done? i could have stood there and clapped and cheered for hours but tv dictates a lot, rightly or wrongly

-Bonwich, i agree, how many 7 or 8th grade kids would love to do that? there must be so much more to getting that staffed correctly than meets my eye